Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Another Chinese brand is sponsoring a player (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=354617)

babaoh 10-27-2010 04:36 PM

Another Chinese brand is sponsoring a player

A company called 361 Sport is sponsoring WTA player Chia-Jung Chuang

http://www.361sport.com

I think there are now 4 Chinese companies sponsoring players along with Li-Ning, Anta and Erke. Am I missing any?

babaoh 10-27-2010 04:37 PM

nalvarado 10-27-2010 05:39 PM

What is with the obsession with "361" lately. A viral campaign by prince and now this?

westpac690 10-29-2010 07:38 PM

Chinese Communist owned tennis racquet company? No doubt they'll be selling racquet designs they stole from Wilson, Babolat, Head, etc....Just like their military does with the United States!
I wonder if they're going to outsource the production to somewhere like North Korea where they can legally chain the workers to the production line, and feed them tree bark and clay.

1st racquet for sale: The Mao Liberator 2000

A 24x30 string pattern on a 23 inch length racquet, 10 pts head heavy and weighing in at 15 ozs.
Designed to keep even the best player from reaching their potential. Because it's not fair that players born with God given talent like Nadal and Federer are allowed to compete against the common man.

themitchmann 10-30-2010 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nalvarado (Post 5148807)
What is with the obsession with "361" lately. A viral campaign by prince and now this?

You're right. This is weird.

ziggurat 10-30-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westpac690 (Post 5152817)
Chinese Communist owned tennis racquet company? No doubt they'll be selling racquet designs they stole from Wilson, Babolat, Head, etc....Just like their military does with the United States!
I wonder if they're going to outsource the production to somewhere like North Korea where they can legally chain the workers to the production line, and feed them tree bark and clay.

A 24x30 string pattern on a 23 inch length racquet, 10 pts head heavy and weighing in at 15 ozs.
Designed to keep even the best player from reaching their potential. Because it's not fair that players born with God given talent like Nadal and Federer are allowed to compete against the common man.

You are just so stupid.

Kemitak 10-30-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Awesome. I nominate this as the Best Post of the Year.

ReopeningWed 10-30-2010 09:33 AM

Quote:

Easily one of the funniest things I've read all year.

Bhagi Katbamna 10-30-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

While everything after the first paragraph is jest, the first paragraph is actually true.

Lynx41 10-30-2010 04:20 PM

it would be true if they made racquets...but they don't. it's just clothes at the moment

migi 11-01-2010 02:42 PM

Don't forget about Peak :)

ReopeningWed 11-01-2010 02:48 PM

A 23 inch racket at 15 oz... Think about how solid that stick must be; density in the mold must be crazy.
The shorter length must give it a VERY manageable swingweight. Mao Liberator is definitely on my demo list.

Pinkskunk 11-01-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggurat (Post 5153458)
You are just so stupid.

there is some truth to what he is saying so i dont think he is stupid. it's just he did not do it in a more diplomatic way.

westpac690 11-01-2010 03:32 PM

Eh.... Still more diplomatic than the way Communist China invaded Tibet.

Live Wire VS 11-01-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westpac690 (Post 5157964)
Eh.... Still more diplomatic than the way Communist China invaded Tibet.

That was totally unnecessary. Plus, your ignorance proves your stupidity.

What's wrong with a Chinese racquet brand entering market? Don't forget that every racquet company has their products manufactured in China.

Seriously, why can't people like you ever think of China without thinking of politics?

babaoh 11-01-2010 05:40 PM

Does Peak sponsor any tennis players?

Pinkskunk 11-01-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

No doubt they'll be selling racquet designs they stole from Wilson, Babolat, Head, etc.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live Wire VS (Post 5158160)
What's wrong with a Chinese racquet brand entering market? Don't forget that every racquet company has their products manufactured in China.

ignorant are those who still dont see it coming or continue to be in denial.

westpac690 11-01-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live Wire VS (Post 5158160)
That was totally unnecessary. Plus, your ignorance proves your stupidity.

Seriously, why can't people like you ever think of China without thinking of politics?

I love Hong Kong. Especially on a Sunday afternoon when all the Filipinas hit the clubs! I recommend the Big Apple dance club. 10 girls to 1 guy
And Ned Kelly's on the Kowloon side used to have kick butt steaks.
AND to this day I refuse to eat "Chinese food" in the United States because it's garbage compared to real Chinese dishes. Sweet and sour does not make a dish Chinese.

Never said there was anything wrong with a Chinese racquet entering the market. Just stating how they'd do it. And poking a little fun at the Mau-ster. You can't take yourself too seriously, it's not healthy. It'll kill'ya faster than a Great Leap Forward famine.

Bhagi Katbamna 11-01-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westpac690 (Post 5158220)
I love Hong Kong. Especially on a Sunday afternoon when all the Filipinas hit the clubs! I recommend the Big Apple dance club. 10 girls to 1 guy
And Ned Kelly's on the Kowloon side used to have kick butt steaks.
AND to this day I refuse to eat "Chinese food" in the United States because it's garbage compared to real Chinese dishes. Sweet and sour does not make a dish Chinese.

Never said there was anything wrong with a Chinese racquet entering the market. Just stating how they'd do it. And poking a little fun at the Mau-ster. You can't take yourself too seriously, it's not healthy. It'll kill'ya faster than a Great Leap Forward famine.

Lol. The hits just keep coming.

Live Wire VS 11-02-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westpac690 (Post 5158220)

The only one who's serious is you; you really seem to be the type of person who tries incredibly hard to find every opportunity to bash China.