Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Better career so far: Murray or Djokovic? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=356966)

Serendipitous 11-14-2010 06:48 PM

Better career so far: Murray or Djokovic?
 
I vote for Murray. :mad:

rodrigoamaral 11-14-2010 06:52 PM

my vote goes to djokovic.. 1 grand slam > 0 grand slams

Serendipitous 11-14-2010 06:54 PM

Hmmmm.....interesting........

Cup8489 11-14-2010 06:57 PM

definitely djokovic:

1 major, 5 masters shields, and 11 500 or lower titles, for a total of 18 singles titles

murray:
0 majors, 6 masters shields, 10 500 or lower titles, for a total of 16 titles.

not much debate, really.

djokovic has also made more slam finals, and put up much better fights in both the ones he lost.

Max G. 11-14-2010 06:58 PM

Djokovic, by far. The 1 Grand slam is the pinnacle of his career - it's something he will always be remembered by. Murray doesn't have that . Djokovic even has more tournaments won overall than Murray - 18 to 16. Djokovic has consistently had higher year-end rankings than Murray, even though Murray has surpassed him for little bits in the middle. They have the same number of Masters Series titles (if you count Djokovic's masters cup, which should perhaps count for even more.)

By what metric would Murray have a chance in this poll?

Clay lover 11-14-2010 06:59 PM

1 slam vs 0
1 YEC vs 0

The only edge Murray has is in MS titles. Djokovic so far.

pyrokid 11-14-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

By what metric would Murray have a chance in this poll?
Fanbase.

:twisted:

Serendipitous 11-14-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max G. (Post 5186232)
By what metric would Murray have a chance in this poll?

I dunno, lol :p

Chris Rizutto 11-14-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max G. (Post 5186232)
Djokovic, by far. The 1 Grand slam is the pinnacle of his career - it's something he will always be remembered by. Murray doesn't have that . Djokovic even has more tournaments won overall than Murray - 18 to 16. Djokovic has consistently had higher year-end rankings than Murray, even though Murray has surpassed him for little bits in the middle. They have the same number of Masters Series titles (if you count Djokovic's masters cup, which should perhaps count for even more.)

By what metric would Murray have a chance in this poll?

Agreed well done.

Serendipitous 11-14-2010 07:02 PM




BLACKOUT 11-14-2010 07:04 PM

Djokovic has a slam and has finished the year number 3 in the world, nuff said

Commando Tennis Shorts 11-14-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodrigoamaral (Post 5186222)
my vote goes to djokovic.. 1 grand slam > 0 grand slams

+1

All that needs to be said

Sentinel 11-14-2010 07:46 PM

Tough call.

- one fluke slam vs no slam. Tie.

- annoying mother vs annoying mother. Tie.

- gf okay vs gf okay. Tie.

-funny impersonations vs fugly impersonations. Đoković wins.

Clay lover 11-14-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel (Post 5186330)
Tough call.

- one fluke slam vs no slam. Tie.

- annoying mother vs annoying mother. Tie.

- gf okay vs gf okay. Tie.

-funny impersonations vs fugly impersonations. Đoković wins.

Djokovic's gf is hotter methinks

YodaKnowsBest 11-14-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel (Post 5186330)
Tough call.

- one fluke slam vs no slam. Tie.

- annoying mother vs annoying mother. Tie.

- gf okay vs gf okay. Tie.

-funny impersonations vs fugly impersonations. Đoković wins.

I thought we didn't count that slam anymore. :-?

jamesblakefan#1 11-14-2010 08:03 PM

Djokovic.....

Serendipitous 11-14-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesblakefan#1 (Post 5186365)
Djokovic.....

Thank you JB.
Welcome BACK to Talk Rafa.

dr325i 11-14-2010 08:42 PM

Murray Career Prize Money: $13,107,298
Djokovic Career Prize Money: $19,402,956

Commando Tennis Shorts 11-14-2010 08:48 PM

Fluke or not, a Slam win is pretty much an automatic ticket to the tennis hall of fame for Djokovic. Murray is not there yet.

GasquetGOAT 11-14-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay lover (Post 5186335)
Djokovic's gf is hotter methinks

I'm sorry but Rafa's gf is hotter than both.

RafaVamoslove


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse