Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Barricade 6 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=360917)

Blee1613 12-17-2010 06:33 PM

Barricade 6
 
Hey again,
I got my B6 from my B5 warranty. Anyways, I found out that the heel is VERY narrow. But I only wore it for 8 hours during school, and then 1.5 hours while playing tennis today. Do you think it will strech out because it doesn't seem like it has so far. Is this just the break-in period? My feet are killing me!:mad:

Gasolina 12-17-2010 07:15 PM

I have two B6s and a B5 in my rotation. Heels in the B6 are not VERY NARROW as you put it.

You make it sound like the B6s are Vapor narrow

Blee1613 12-17-2010 08:02 PM

Have you ever tried the Tirands? The heel is about as narrow as that isn't it? Or at least that's what it feels like to me.

dr325i 12-17-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blee1613 (Post 5262057)
Hey again,
I got my B6 from my B5 warranty. Anyways, I found out that the heel is VERY narrow. But I only wore it for 8 hours during school, and then 1.5 hours while playing tennis today. Do you think it will strech out because it doesn't seem like it has so far. Is this just the break-in period? My feet are killing me!:mad:

initially, the B6 felt narrower and tighter, after some hours, they feel like a glove, simply great.
Give it some time.
I have a pair in my size that I initially thought to be too tight, and a pair 1/2 size larger (new). I regret buying the larger ones...

kelawai 12-23-2010 12:20 AM

I have the same experienced too. It's a break in period. Mine took about 3 weeks. Don't worry, you will keep it.
B6 new color just came out. I will try 1/2 size bigger this time.

Kenny022593 12-23-2010 09:05 AM

I must have a really weird foot because my forefoot is pretty wide and is uncomfortable in the CB 1.3's but in these, my heel is slipping out when laced up tight... lol

dkt 12-23-2010 06:33 PM

B6 break in
 
Ridiculous, 2 weeks to break in a tennis shoe. While they might be the most durable and supportive shoe on the market. The new barricade is too uncomfortable. I can't stand to wear them more than an hour. The B2, B4, & B5 were all both durable and comfortable. I have been a huge Adidas fan since the Rod Laver shoe came on the market in the 70's, but the B6 simply is too uncomfortable to wear. Adidas needs to go back to the drawing board on the Barricades.

star 5 15 12-23-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkt (Post 5273650)
Ridiculous, 2 weeks to break in a tennis shoe. While they might be the most durable and supportive shoe on the market. The new barricade is too uncomfortable. I can't stand to wear them more than an hour. The B2, B4, & B5 were all both durable and comfortable. I have been a huge Adidas fan since the Rod Laver shoe came on the market in the 70's, but the B6 simply is too uncomfortable to wear. Adidas needs to go back to the drawing board on the Barricades.

IMO the B6's are the most comfortable barricades to date. I have worn them all since the 2's exclusively.

frunk 12-23-2010 07:03 PM

I also think the B6's are amazing. I did have to size up from 10.5 Nike CB 2.3's to 11.5 B6's, but the thing feels really nice, and I can probably double sock it.

SullivanR 12-23-2010 07:06 PM

Vapors have always been too narrow for me and my feet aren't especially wide. I went through to B6's and never felt like the heel was narrow at all. Probably just needed to be broken in.

Jonny S&V 12-23-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star 5 15 (Post 5273677)
IMO the B6's are the most comfortable barricades to date. I have worn them all since the 2's exclusively.

Quoted for truth, and I'm a II wearer.

To the OP, it will definitely be a break-in period (it only took me 4-5 days of casual walking to break them in properly) before everything settles.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse