Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Who are these guys ? and Will they have a good college career ? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=361720)

Fedace 12-26-2010 11:29 AM

Who are these guys ? and Will they have a good college career ?

Fawaz Hourani, Jamin Ball, Sam Ecker, Daniel Ho.

ci2ca 12-26-2010 01:25 PM

Yes. All recruits for Stanford. As you would know.

bfactor61 12-26-2010 01:38 PM

[quote=ci2ca;5276788]Yes. All recruits for Stanford. As you would know.[/QUOTE

hahahaha:)

jaggy 12-26-2010 02:09 PM

They will all win NCAA titles, grand slams and American Idols before they turn 25.

norcaltennisnut 12-27-2010 10:18 AM

Stanford could be in some trouble and these names are the reason why. All seem to be good kids and could play for a top 75 team but not a top 10 team. Unless Coach Whit is bringing in some international players, Stanford could dip out of the top 25. This year I predict Cal moves ahead of them and next year could dip out of the top 40. :(

Fedace 12-27-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norcaltennisnut (Post 5277993)
Stanford could be in some trouble and these names are the reason why. All seem to be good kids and could play for a top 75 team but not a top 10 team. Unless Coach Whit is bringing in some international players, Stanford could dip out of the top 25. This year I predict Cal moves ahead of them and next year could dip out of the top 40. :(

Does it really matter if they win the NCAA this year which they are favored to do with guys like Clayton, Thacher, Hirschman and Kandath........Oh by the way,,,,,they also have the defending NCAA champion returning.......:):):)

Fedace 12-27-2010 03:50 PM

Oh,,,and they also have Robert Stineman coming in next year. He is ranked #8 in the nation. If he played one more year, he would have been ranked #1 in the nation. He is improving that fast. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned pro by the time he is Junior at Stanford.

rodrigoamaral 12-27-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norcaltennisnut (Post 5277993)

how can you insult my boy fedace like this..fedace has been telling everyone on here that stanford is winning the NCAA's that year for the past 4 years.. :)

Jakes On A Plane 12-28-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 5278466)
Does it really matter if they win the NCAA this year which they are favored to do with guys like Clayton, Thacher, Hirschman and Kandath........Oh by the way,,,,,they also have the defending NCAA champion returning.......:):):)

Hirschman and Kandath = juggernauts. That's a championship caliber team right there.

gino 12-29-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 5276651)
Fawaz Hourani, Jamin Ball, Sam Ecker, Daniel Ho.

Fedace, my friend. I play in NorCal where Ball played his junior tennis. He's a great player with tons of potential for Stanford. Pretty big kid, I've played in a lot of the same tournaments as him, but never got matched up against him. Although I came darn close to meeting him in a championship match last April.

Stanford is lucky to pick him up. Very good top 10 sectional junior in NorCal. For that matter, great national player. I've watched him play and he's a smart guy.

All the best to Stanford and Ball

Fedace 12-29-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gino (Post 5282563)
Fedace, my friend. I play in NorCal where Ball played his junior tennis. He's a great player with tons of potential for Stanford. Pretty big kid, I've played in a lot of the same tournaments as him, but never got matched up against him. Although I came darn close to meeting him in a championship match last April.

Stanford is lucky to pick him up. Very good top 10 sectional junior in NorCal. For that matter, great national player. I've watched him play and he's a smart guy.

All the best to Stanford and Ball

Thanks for the Info. Looks like he has switched to Head Youtek as well. It is infectious. What's with the goofy looking face ??? lol

http://www.stanfordphoto.com/viewpho...e=2&imagepos=2

What about that kid named Ho. Is he related to Tommy Ho ???:confused:

gino 01-01-2011 04:12 PM

Fedace,

Do you know what variations the Stanford guys are using of the Youtek Prestige(MP, Pro, Mid)?

Wondering if there is a favorite amongst them

Jonny S&V 01-01-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 5278474)
Oh,,,and they also have Robert Stineman coming in next year. He is ranked #8 in the nation. If he played one more year, he would have been ranked #1 in the nation. He is improving that fast. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned pro by the time he is Junior at Stanford.

Stineman is a good player, no doubt, but he has very limited (if any) experience in tourneys that feature non-US players. He'll be good, but at Stanford, I feel that he'll ultimately struggle (coming from a guy that has watched him play multiple times).

Fedace 01-01-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gino (Post 5288325)
Fedace,

Do you know what variations the Stanford guys are using of the Youtek Prestige(MP, Pro, Mid)?

Wondering if there is a favorite amongst them

Prestige Mid and Midplus. Not sure who is using which exactly. I could ask the coach but it seem like such a silly question to ask. Your boy Jasmin Ball looks like he is using the Prestige midplus.

http://www.stanfordphoto.com/viewpho...=4&imagepos=34

bfactor61 01-02-2011 07:52 AM

i think thacher might be using the pro

Doublebounce 01-02-2011 08:45 AM

How are all those prestige's treating Stanford ;)

Fedace 01-02-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doublebounce (Post 5289582)
How are all those prestige's treating Stanford ;)

Very well, they will have to thank HEAD when they win the NCAA championships in May.

bfactor61 02-03-2011 11:50 AM

anyone know what string klahn, thacher, and clayton are using? it looks the same

Tennismanly93 02-08-2011 11:10 AM

Is Jarmin Ball related to Carsten Ball, the tennis pro?

raging 02-09-2011 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennismanly93 (Post 5407759)
Is Jarmin Ball related to Carsten Ball, the tennis pro?

nope: http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-t...l_jamin00.html