Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Lunarlite Tour or Yonex 307 or Defier DS? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=362245)

corners 01-01-2011 07:30 AM

Lunarlite Tour or Yonex 307 or Defier DS?

I'm trying to decide on which of these three wider-than-average shoes I should get. I'm not in a position to try them on, so I'm hoping I can get a little guidance before I mail-order.

I've got wider than average (E) feet. I like light, minimal shoes, but I also like them to be sturdy under the arch. If I can put my fist inside the shoe and collapse the arch I'm not interested. (Shoes these days all have cut-out shanks, which makes no sense to me, but there it is.)

I like roomy toe-boxes, the wider and more "square", instead of pointed, the better.

I like higher than average heels but low to the ground in the forefoot.

I'm an all-court player and don't need tremendous lateral stability, but I do appreciate better than average cushioning, or my knees do rather. But I also don't like an overly cushioned shoe where I don't feel like I can feel the ground.

I play on hardcourt and acrylic and don't require super grippy soles.

Much appreciate any suggestions or comments about any of these shoes you've tried.

tennisnoob3 01-01-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corners (Post 5287258)
I'm trying to decide on which of these three wider-than-average shoes I should get. I'm not in a position to try them on, so I'm hoping I can get a little guidance before I mail-order.

I've got wider than average (E) feet. I like light, minimal shoes, but I also like them to be sturdy under the arch. If I can put my fist inside the shoe and collapse the arch I'm not interested. (Shoes these days all have cut-out shanks, which makes no sense to me, but there it is.)

I like roomy toe-boxes, the wider and more "square", instead of pointed, the better.

I like higher than average heels but low to the ground in the forefoot.

I'm an all-court player and don't need tremendous lateral stability, but I do appreciate better than average cushioning, or my knees do rather. But I also don't like an overly cushioned shoe where I don't feel like I can feel the ground.

I play on hardcourt and acrylic and don't require super grippy soles.

Much appreciate any suggestions or comments about any of these shoes you've tried.

i tried the defier misoul, and it was definitely a clunker at 16.x ounces. i haven;t tried the others though. but, nike is having a sale on 25% off clearance, and the nike vapor tour is one of them i believe.

the sale ends today

Fedace 01-01-2011 09:11 AM

YONEX,,,most room of any shoes. i wear 2 Thorlo socks and i still have good fit and comfy.

corners 01-01-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 5287432)
YONEX,,,most room of any shoes. i wear 2 Thorlo socks and i still have good fit and comfy.

Thanks Fedace. I'm taking your suggestion.

But I may try one of the others too, so if anyone would like to add to this thread I'm all ears/eyes.

corners 01-01-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisnoob3 (Post 5287423)
i tried the defier misoul, and it was definitely a clunker at 16.x ounces. i haven;t tried the others though. but, nike is having a sale on 25% off clearance, and the nike vapor tour is one of them i believe.

the sale ends today

Yeah, I don't think the DS is much lighter. Thanks for pointing that out. I missed the sale, but will prob. grab a pair of Lunarlite 7s now that they'll be clearanced. 8 looks like a primarily cosmetic update - outsole/midsole looks unchanged. That's the horse, the upper is just the saddle.