Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   BB Melbourne Club (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=362972)

TennisMaverick 01-06-2011 11:56 PM

BB Melbourne Club

Here are the stats for the Melbourne, the 2011 Legend update:

Melbourne Specs:

Grip size 1 - 5
Item number B11507
Head size 630cm2 | 98 in2
Cross section 20 mm
Weight 325 g | 11.5 oz
Length 68.5 cm | 27 in
Balance 31.5 cm |1.1 in HL
String Pattern: 18 x 20
String Tension: 25 (+/- 2) kg/55 (+/- 5) lbs

|Sensor Tour Handle System|
|Power Speed Grommets|
|Cushtac Grip|
|Delta Core/Carbon-Graphite/Fiberglass|

Legend Specs:

Grip size 1 - 5
Item number B19000
Head size 630cm2 | 98 in2
Cross section 20 mm
Weight 320 g | 11.3 oz
Length 68.5 cm | 27 in
Balance 31.5 cm |1.1 in HL
String Pattern: 18 x 20
String Tension: 25 (+/- 2) kg/55 (+/- 5) lbs

|Sensor Tour Handle System|
|Power Speed Grommets|
|Cushtac Grip|
|Delta Core/Carbon-Graphite/Titanium Lite Carbon/Fiberglass|

EVERYTHING IS THE SAME EXCEPT THAT THE MELBOURNE IS 5 GRAMS HEAVIER, AND MADE WITHOUT ANY TITANIUM LITE CARBON.

Although unconfirmed, as per previous conversations, I assume that they beefed-up the bridge/shoulders/throat area. It should feel more solid without the titanium, if the T10 to T10 VE relationship worked here as well.

Fed Kennedy 01-07-2011 12:17 AM

Sounds good. Any pics?

TennisMaverick 01-07-2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fed Kennedy (Post 5301921)
Sounds good. Any pics?

Not yet, and besides, I don't know the procedure to do so.

Hominator 01-07-2011 01:51 AM

Wow. When I demoed the Legend, which I liked, BTW, my impression was that it was heavier than my PB10 Mid, which comes in at 12.7. It must have been the balance of the stick...

TennisMaverick 01-07-2011 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hominator (Post 5302027)
Wow. When I demoed the Legend, which I liked, BTW, my impression was that it was heavier than my PB10 Mid, which comes in at 12.7. It must have been the balance of the stick...

Yep! We added most of the tape at 5/6/7 and in the throat, so we made our own Melbournes out of Legends.

There is a 10 gram difference between the Legend and the PB 10 Mid, but the PB 10 Mid swings faster and feels lighter because it is lighter in the head.

And PB 10's are go!

coolblue123 01-07-2011 03:18 AM

wonder what the stiffness going to be for these frames. Just by saying it's 18x20 seems like it's going to be alittle stiffer frame. Just hope they continue BB/Volkl's tradition of great feel in the Legend line of racquets.

Hominator 01-07-2011 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisMaverick (Post 5302011)
Not yet, and besides, I don't know the procedure to do so.

TM, if you want to post pics in a thread, go to tinypic.com and upload an image. After the image is uploaded, copy the URL for "message boards and forums" and then paste that link in your post here. When you paste the URL, you won't see the pic, but it will show up after you submit your post. It may sound complicated, but it's actually very simple. When I sell my racquets in the classifieds, that's how I post pics of the racquets. Hope this helps! Maybe test it out with one of your PB10 Mid stealths..? :)

1hbhBUX 01-07-2011 04:16 AM

I'm glad you started a new thread for this.

Does "beefing up" the throat also mean that the beam will be more boxed? Volkl frames have typically had a nice rounded feel to them.

skeeter 01-07-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hominator (Post 5302163)
TM, if you want to post pics in a thread, go to tinypic.com and upload an image. After the image is uploaded, copy the URL for "message boards and forums" and then paste that link in your post here. When you paste the URL, you won't see the pic, but it will show up after you submit your post. It may sound complicated, but it's actually very simple. When I sell my racquets in the classifieds, that's how I post pics of the racquets. Hope this helps! Maybe test it out with one of your PB10 Mid stealths..? :)

Before you "submit reply", you can hit "preview post" and your pic should show up there for you to preview.

tailofdog 01-07-2011 09:12 AM

Legend Love

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisMaverick (Post 5302039)
Yep! We added most of the tape at 5/6/7 and in the throat, so we made our own Melbournes out of Legends.

There is a 10 gram difference between the Legend and the PB 10 Mid, but the PB 10 Mid swings faster and feels lighter because it is lighter in the head.

And PB 10's are go!

Love ny Legend. What do you get out of the lead in the throat?

TennisMaverick 01-07-2011 09:23 AM

Skeeter/Hominator....Thanks for the info. Is it possible to scan photos of not of tennis racquets...training, lifting, audio MP3's, kleenex, and such, or is that prohibited?

TennisMaverick 01-07-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tailofdog (Post 5303546)
Love ny Legend. What do you get out of the lead in the throat?

It depends on the stick, whether it's there to balance the frame or to stiffen it in that area. Players who move the racquet head more horizontally than vertically prefer the throat to be lighter than those who drive/pressure the ball. But if the throat is too light and the plow thru is not substantial, then you get PB 8 issues and then need the PB 8 315.

Regarding the Legend, which Boris prefers to play 4 pts HL strung, with the heft of the frame at 3/9/12, one of my guys didn't like the balance and prefers more shoulder stability, so we added in the throat/shoulders/bridge. The other Legend user likes it stock, but he has a stubborn streak when it comes to grips and lead tape, so he won't experiment to make his game better through racquet mods. Hence, he is the weakest on the team, if 5.5-6.0 is weak.

OldButGame 01-07-2011 11:13 AM

TailOfDog;
Thats cool that You're lovin the Legend,..and Thx for that info You sent as well,...'preciated!!!!:)

And TM Thx for the Melbourne update!!!:)

skeeter 01-07-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisMaverick (Post 5303586)
Skeeter/Hominator....Thanks for the info. Is it possible to scan photos of not of tennis racquets...training, lifting, audio MP3's, kleenex, and such, or is that prohibited?

I've seen the occasional non-racquet photo in the forum (someone posted a picture of a racquet club building the other day, didn't they?). I suppose you could post pics of training, lifting, etc. in the Techniques forum, since it's appropriate and topic-specific. Not sure about MP3 audio or video; I've only seen links to videos.

Shangri La 01-21-2011 09:35 AM

Courtesy of a former forum member, here are some Melbourne pictures.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Shangri La 01-21-2011 09:38 AM

[/url]

Pneumated1 01-21-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hominator (Post 5302163)

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeeter (Post 5303442)
Before you "submit reply", you can hit "preview post" and your pic should show up there for you to preview.

Sorry to distract from the Melbourne, but if I have my pics in photobucket.com, what would be the procedure to download the pics into my post? I followed the instructions in the For Sale/Trade section, but my pics don't show up. Any help would be appreciated. And sorry again for the distraction.

Fed Kennedy 01-21-2011 11:46 AM

nice! good job shangri-la

Hominator 01-21-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumated1 (Post 5346376)
Sorry to distract from the Melbourne, but if I have my pics in photobucket.com, what would be the procedure to download the pics into my post? I followed the instructions in the For Sale/Trade section, but my pics don't show up. Any help would be appreciated. And sorry again for the distraction.

Upload your pic to a site such as tinypic.com, then cut and paste the URL for message boards into your post. Hope this helps!

Shangri La 01-21-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fed Kennedy (Post 5346383)
nice! good job shangri-la

More info is coming ... now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shangri La (Post 5345957)
Courtesy of a former forum member , here are some Melbourne pictures.

STRUNG SPECS:

11.99 oz. (340 g)
6pts HL (32.5 cm)
317 SW
64 RA flex

The racquet was strung with a white poly. Thanks again, M!