Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   How bout dem dawgs!!! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=364847)

ga tennis 01-21-2011 07:52 AM

How bout dem dawgs!!!

With the pickup of Will Spencer who just won the S.E.C. indoors beating Eric Qugly in the finals and Javy and Henrus taking out Boris Conkic and J.P.Smith in the finals the Dawgs are looking good.

ClarkC 01-21-2011 08:46 AM

I think you meant Eric Quigley.

I still think that USC/Tennessee/Virginia are a lock on the top three positions in the country right now, and one of them will take the title. However, Georgia has moved to the top of the pack in the chase for #4. Their road match at Ohio State this year should settle that, and I think they look a little better than Ohio State now.

ga tennis 01-21-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkC (Post 5345804)
I think you meant Eric Quigley.

I still think that USC/Tennessee/Virginia are a lock on the top three positions in the country right now, and one of them will take the title. However, Georgia has moved to the top of the pack in the chase for #4. Their road match at Ohio State this year should settle that, and I think they look a little better than Ohio State now.

I think Virginia is the best team in the country followed by Georgia.

The Wreck 01-22-2011 02:48 PM

The Indoor titles definitely gotten me pumped up for tennis season. I'll be there Monday for the first indoor match.

chris3896 01-25-2011 05:41 PM

Glad there are some Athens folks around here. Dawgs look good.

Nastase 02-13-2011 03:17 PM

Georgia is very good no doubt....but they are ranked #11 and just lost to #21 Ga Tech....how does that give them a shot at top 5?

firstserve 02-13-2011 07:13 PM

How bout them violets?

The Wreck 02-13-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nastase (Post 5419478)
Georgia is very good no doubt....but they are ranked #11 and just lost to #21 Ga Tech....how does that give them a shot at top 5?

They lost, but it was incredibly close. Came down to a 3rd set at number 6, and many of the matches went 3 sets too.

I don't know that they'll be top 5, but if they get into a good rhythm come outdoor season, I think they have to potential to be up there. They're certainly a top 10 caliber team, even with the loss. Everyone has a bad day here and there.

Nastase 02-15-2011 06:17 PM

Dont misunderstand me....I said UGA is very good....and of course you cannot be defined by one loss ever. Ga Tech is loaded and has their best team in maybe 20 years...they will likely be top 15 themselves. All I was saying is GA is not yet in the top ten and a GA fan has them in the top 4? Its very possible but lets not get ahead of ourselves. GA looks young to me at the bottom....the Swedish freshman is gonna be a beast though. I was at the Tech v Ga match and it was amazingly close...Tech won 4-3 and won the final match despite being down match points...anything could have happened. But Tech won at #1, #2 and #5 in straights sets...the other 3 matches went 3 sets.

The Wreck 02-15-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nastase (Post 5424912)
Dont misunderstand me....I said UGA is very good....and of course you cannot be defined by one loss ever. Ga Tech is loaded and has their best team in maybe 20 years...they will likely be top 15 themselves. All I was saying is GA is not yet in the top ten and a GA fan has them in the top 4? Its very possible but lets not get ahead of ourselves. GA looks young to me at the bottom....the Swedish freshman is gonna be a beast though. I was at the Tech v Ga match and it was amazingly close...Tech won 4-3 and won the final match despite being down match points...anything could have happened. But Tech won at #1, #2 and #5 in straights sets...the other 3 matches went 3 sets.

I think they are in a weird place, future wise. Hernus (who's actually from South Africa) will most definitely be a beast, come a year or so from now. But their current 2,3, and 6 players are all transfers in their Junior years, so they've pretty much reached their peak (at least close to it), and below that, I just see a whole lot of really solid, but unspectacular players. So I dunno.

Spencer is solid and Doumbia is a beast (undefeated, and easily so this spring in duals). Javy is always solid. So if they can win the doubles, I like their chances against MOST teams. I really do think on a good day they could beat a top 5 team, but I agree I havent seen the consistency to say they belong there right yet.

Vicious Vik 04-27-2011 07:47 AM

Georgia is a joke. They have the best facilities in the nation and have had a sub par team for years now

Automator 04-27-2011 07:54 AM

Sub par?!?! They've won a pair of national titles in the last four years. They made the semifinals last year. If Georgia is a joke, then so is every other team in the country.

Dawgie Dawg 10-11-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious Vik (Post 5603239)
Georgia is a joke. They have the best facilities in the nation and have had a sub par team for years now

hohoho. Your talking about the best tennis program in history son.

Dawgie Dawg 10-11-2011 11:21 AM

This is the line-up I am thinking of for the Daaaawgs this year.

1. Spencer
2. Doumbia
3. Taboada
4. Pieters
5. Pasha
6. KU (aka the REAL Singh) Singh
-
7. Johnson

look at that! Pieters will be unbeatable at 4 and Ku will never lose at 6. He had a down year last year but now he is out of the dreary north and into the place where players come to turn into warriors. Every player at 5 will fear Pasha.
Last year Nacho would have been out of his league at 3 but this year he will be ready because he has improved and will finish the year in the top 25 nationally.
Doumbia and Spencer will be top 10 players

Dawgie Dawg 10-25-2011 12:49 PM

Who can beat the Dawgs this year? Please give me your bravado reasons.

Jakes On A Plane 10-25-2011 01:10 PM

How do you figure KU Singh will be #6? Isn't he built more for the 3/4 range?

Aobanoniji 10-25-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgie Dawg (Post 6081714)
Who can beat the Dawgs this year? Please give me your bravado reasons.

You are amusing but that's about it.

CDestroyer 10-25-2011 05:15 PM

How bout dem dumbass rednecks?

Dawgie Dawg 11-08-2011 10:27 AM

The Bulldogs dominated the Bulldog scramble. Pieters beat #1 players from other schools. He beat Clemson's #1 player. Pieters will be unbeatable this year especially because he is playing #4 this year. Who at 4 can beat him?

JLyon 11-08-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgie Dawg (Post 6104590)
The Bulldogs dominated the Bulldog scramble. Pieters beat #1 players from other schools. He beat Clemson's #1 player. Pieters will be unbeatable this year especially because he is playing #4 this year. Who at 4 can beat him?

So how has that lizard tasted?