Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Babolat Propulse 3 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=367130)

iliketennis 02-03-2011 03:50 PM

Babolat Propulse 3
 
Anyone try the new propulse out yet? Any feedback? How does it compare to some of the other shoes out on the market and how does it compare to previous propulses.
:)

tvp900 02-04-2011 08:07 PM

Biggest difference for me was the complete lack of break-in time. I hit for 15 minutes, and they felt like i'd been wearing them for years. Plus, they are so well ventalated, that it sucked stepping outside in them in the middle of winter. They have the same basic outsole as the titaniums, which last forever. Definite 10/10

protel 02-04-2011 08:28 PM

first, thanks for starting this thread.

i was wondering if these shoes are suitable for people who have (slighty) wide feet?

thanks again guys :)

njsigman 02-05-2011 08:46 AM

Got mine a couple of days ago and they are AWESOME. Babolat continues its excellence. I love the Propulse 2's and have them in Black, Blue and White. I love these new Propulse 3's. I have a wide foot and they accomdate very nicely. I wonder when the 2's will go on sale? :)

protel 02-05-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njsigman (Post 5400983)
Got mine a couple of days ago and they are AWESOME. Babolat continues its excellence. I love the Propulse 2's and have them in Black, Blue and White. I love these new Propulse 3's. I have a wide foot and they accomdate very nicely. I wonder when the 2's will go on sale? :)

Hi njsigman, Did you buy a half-size bigger?

Thanks

legends70 02-05-2011 11:14 AM

anyone buy the white version? I would like to know if they would be a better choice than the red

njsigman 02-05-2011 12:34 PM

Hey protel, I purchased my normal size 12 as I did with the Propulse 2's and they fit great. Go with your normal size. If they don't fit, you can always exchange them for free through TW. :)

protel 02-05-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njsigman (Post 5401370)
Hey protel, I purchased my normal size 12 as I did with the Propulse 2's and they fit great. Go with your normal size. If they don't fit, you can always exchange them for free through TW. :)

Thanks for your info, I'm still unsure if I should get a normal size though because last night after I finished tennis my barricade 5 felt a bit tight (This is the first time that I felt there's no space in the toe box).

I wish I lived in the US so I can return the item if they don't fit well.

But anyway, thanks for your advice, much appreciated :)

iliketennis 02-06-2011 08:54 AM

How do they compare to the court ballistecs, specifically the 2.3, and barricades, specifically the 5? Traction? Comfort? For me I felt like the 2.3's were super comfy and flexed easily (the down side was that i felt like the front part came to an odd point that ended up pinching my forefoot) while the barricades were really "solid" feeling.

Hominator 02-06-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protel (Post 5401878)
Thanks for your info, I'm still unsure if I should get a normal size though because last night after I finished tennis my barricade 5 felt a bit tight (This is the first time that I felt there's no space in the toe box).

I wish I lived in the US so I can return the item if they don't fit well.

But anyway, thanks for your advice, much appreciated :)

Well, I normally wear a size 11 Nike tennis shoe, but I needed to order a size 12 Babolat Propulse 2 (in part because I have a wide foot). If the Propulse 3 is sized the same as the Propulse 2, I would recommend going at least a half size larger. Hope this helps.

protel 02-06-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hominator (Post 5402956)
Well, I normally wear a size 11 Nike tennis shoe, but I needed to order a size 12 Babolat Propulse 2 (in part because I have a wide foot). If the Propulse 3 is sized the same as the Propulse 2, I would recommend going at least a half size larger. Hope this helps.

Hi Hominator, thanks for your comment.

After I read some customer reviews on Propulse 2, most of them said the shoes run a half-size small. So there's a high chance now that I'd get a 10.5 instead of 10 (Just to be on the safe side)

Since you mentioned you have a wide foot, and had to order a size larger, I was wondering how does the length feel? I assume there would be a noticeable amount of space left on the length.

Thanks again

eugkim 02-06-2011 04:44 PM

I came close to getting them. I tried on 10.5s, but they were a tad too small. I'd get 11s, am a 10C dress shoe, 10.5 in Nike/Adidas/Asics.

Tennis_Monk 02-07-2011 02:38 AM

I am considering Babolat V- Pro all court OR Babolat Pro Pulse.

Can anyone compare them?. Babolat Team All court 4 was the last Babolat shoe i used and i have mixed feedback on the shoe. It was very comfortable first few days and then lost its magic.

Spent a ton of money on shoes (MiAddidas Barricades, Asics gel) this past year and trying to be selective this time. Only Asics Gel lived upto my expectations but i hate their color schemes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

protel 02-07-2011 02:51 AM

Ok guys, I've just bought the Propulse 3 (white), size 10.5 US.

I'll compare the fit with my barricade 5 once I receive the shoes.

Thanks all!

the wise wizard 02-07-2011 11:09 AM

anybody have live pics of the propulse 3 or v-pro?

Hominator 02-07-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protel (Post 5403645)
Hi Hominator, thanks for your comment.

After I read some customer reviews on Propulse 2, most of them said the shoes run a half-size small. So there's a high chance now that I'd get a 10.5 instead of 10 (Just to be on the safe side)

Since you mentioned you have a wide foot, and had to order a size larger, I was wondering how does the length feel? I assume there would be a noticeable amount of space left on the length.

Thanks again

Length was fine - the shoe does really run a bit wide. They just run small, overall, IMO. Hope this helps.

protel 02-07-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hominator (Post 5405327)
Length was fine - the shoe does really run a bit wide. They just run small, overall, IMO. Hope this helps.

Cool, I should be getting mine in 2 days.

Thanks heaps

MomentumGT 02-07-2011 02:23 PM

Are the Propulse 3's a blister maker like my version 2's? On my Titaniums I had to get a half size larger and replace the stock insole with one of my Asics running shoe insoles. After that no more blisters. Overall the shoe has been the best performing court shoe I've ever worn, just not the most comfortable in long matches.

Just wanted to know if I have to replace the insole right off the bat, thanks.

-Jon

eliza 02-07-2011 03:09 PM

OK I am going to post my question here, instead of starting another thread. I love the Red propulse, but they are only for MEN :(
For women choices are less "colored"......
Thus: do you think I could play in a men'shoe or am I risking injury?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse