Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wilson Tour Spin II Black appreciation (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=368065)

JGads 02-10-2011 05:38 PM

Wilson Tour Spin II Black appreciation

Well, at least I've found my Holy Grail in the shoe department. Just wanted to post a thread expressing some love for the new Tour Spin IIs, particularly the all black/touch of red colorway that I got. It's the same model as the white one, they say, but the mesh exterior is slightly different in these particular ones if you look at them closely, and the shoe fits like an absolute glove and breathes so, so well. Absolutely no break-in, great cushioning on the bottom and weight transfer from back to front and side to side is just so smooth compared to most tennis shoes. And in the last two years I've gone through many of them: Lunar Vapors (too narrow, as Nikes always are for me), Tour Spin I (very solid, but just moved on), Prince T22s (great, except the strap that goes over the forefoot tightened it a bit too much and my right foot pressed up against the side of it too much), New Balance CT 1004 (too roomy, clunky), New Balance 900E (excellent but shaky durability, squeaky upper and terrible string holes eat up strings) and the Wilson Tour Vision -- I thought the Tour Visions were outstanding but they sat up in the heel a bit too much, causing the front of my foot to take on so much pressure and blister up a bit over time.

Decided to give these black Tour Spins a try and am blown away. Feel very connected to the ground/low to the court but extremely cushioned and comfy at the same time, and they seem to fit around my foot more comfily and a little tighter than the old Tour Spins, which if they had a knock it was a tad too roomy. I realize these are speed shoes and aren't the best laterally, but they're not terrible support wise and besides, I often wear an ankle brace just in case as a precaution so if you do that then these will be the perfect, speedy compliment.

Anyway, just thought I'd share the love in case anyone is looking at these. Such a smooth, fast ride that my stubborn foot (wide, high arch) is finally happy with.

tom4ny 02-14-2011 10:05 AM

i absolutely love these shoes. they look great and feel very soft and fast. i have wide feet as well but with low arches and i could not be happier. this is my first pair of wilson's and i am a fan :) time will tell as far as how they hold up and the hard court but in either case i am buying another pair because i like them so much.

add me to the fan club.

JGads 02-14-2011 04:16 PM

Nice. It was feeling lonely in here. Loving these shoes more and more with each hit. They just wrap around my foot like no other tennis shoe has ever done. Perfection thus far.

imajica77 02-14-2011 08:09 PM

I love the tour spin I's. I'm on my third pair now. Not as kean on new looks. But I'm very happy to hear that they still fit great and are comfortable. I will try them for my next pair. Thanks again for the comments.

clay courter 02-14-2011 10:13 PM

I am interested in Wilson tennis shoes (I've never worn them previously) because of the light weight and what appears to be a well constructed sole. However, I've read some things on this site indicating that they are not very low to the ground, and thus it's easy to roll an ankle. As such, for the moment I'm leaning towards buying either Asics Revolution or Nike Vapor instead. What are your feelings on this?

JGads 02-15-2011 05:14 PM

They seem low to me - certainly lower than the Tour Vision was; I loved the Visions, but the heel was raised up a bit too high and then it dipped down to the front, whereas the Spins are consistently more level and pretty low. Not sure what to compare it with. Maybe the Prince T22s? Maybe not as low as those, but feels just about there. In no way do I feel it's high up off the ground at all.

clay courter 02-16-2011 01:26 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm going to purchase a new pair of shoes for clay court play, and will now consider these shoes along with Asics Gel Resolution 3 Clay and Babolat Propulse 3 Clay. Any comparisons between the three brands would of course be greatly appreciated!

Carolina Racquet 02-16-2011 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clay courter (Post 5425440)
Thanks for the info. I'm going to purchase a new pair of shoes for clay court play, and will now consider these shoes along with Asics Gel Resolution 3 Clay and Babolat Propulse 3 Clay. Any comparisons between the three brands would of course be greatly appreciated!

I haven't tried the clay version of the ASICs Gel Line, but I'm a huge fan of their general lineup. They are fast, comfortable and IMO, high quality.

I just wish the clay version was available in the US.

JGads 02-16-2011 02:50 PM

Don't know how the Clay versions stack up, but just from trying them on in the shoe store, the Babolat Propulse feels incredibly snug but a lot 'harder' around the foot than the Wilsons -- the Wilsons fit right around my foot like a glove but it's a comfy mesh lining that isn't so rigid. Also, the Babs didn't have as good of cushioning on the bottoms...

The Gel Resolutions have always felt GREAT on the bottoms but I was never able to buy them because my heel seemed to always slip a bit upward out of the shoe - I don't know if I have narrow heels or what, but they never felt secure enough in the Gel Resolutions for me to buy them.