Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New Shoe Suggestions for Prince T22 user (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=368671)

TheOC 02-14-2011 11:52 PM

New Shoe Suggestions for Prince T22 user

I've been wearing the Prince T22s for awhile, but now that my Prince sponsorship has been up for awhile now and the retail price has gone up on the T22's I would like to switch to a different model just for heck of it.

I have had ankle problems in the past, so support is a very important aspect for me. I would prefer to go lighter than the T22 as well as to speed up my court movement that has begun to decline as I have gotten older, however I do not want to risk ankle injuries too much. I am also an extremely narrow foot. Even my T22's which are typical seen as a narrow fitting shoe had to be tied up so tight that the shoes eventually molded to my feet like a glove lol. Arch support isn't as important as I have custom orthotics for my athletics shoes due to my terrible flat feet :P

I have been told to try the CB 2.3s, as they also have good support like the T22s, but are still around the same weight. On the opposite end of the spectrum for lighter I have been told to try the vapors, but I've also read about the roomie forefoot and I worry about sliding around in the shoe.

Arthuro 02-15-2011 12:58 AM

I would go with the Asics Gel Resolution 3. I posted a review of them on this forum under the GR3 thread. They are an upgrade to the regular T22's and are extremely comfortable. I am also coming from the T22 line up and found the GR3 to be delightful by comparison.

Carolina Racquet 02-17-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthuro (Post 5422968)
I would go with the Asics Gel Resolution 3. I posted a review of them on this forum under the GR3 thread. They are an upgrade to the regular T22's and are extremely comfortable. I am also coming from the T22 line up and found the GR3 to be delightful by comparison.

Bingo... What he said.

10ACE 02-18-2011 02:15 PM

OP I went from 1.3 to 2.3 in ballistics to the T22 and have never been more satisfied. T22 awesome support both on the footbed and when making laterl cuts- the ballistics are not as comfotable for a long period of time. I find the first 1-2 months the ballistics are ok but then breakdown. Where the T22 are more comfortable to start- and last longer. ALTHOUGH you mention you have a narrow foot- you actually may end up liking the fit of the ballisics.

As for what you might go towards now- not sure about the asics 3 but from a price stand point and no sponsorship- how could you find anything better then the T22?

Hominator 02-18-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina Racquet (Post 5430114)
Bingo... What he said.

How's the width with the Res 3s? Thanks.

OldButGame 02-18-2011 02:47 PM

Also,...Hows the 'toe-box' in the Res 3s,...?

Carolina Racquet 02-18-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldButGame (Post 5432196)
Also,...Hows the 'toe-box' in the Res 3s,...?

In terms of width, very generous. I've had problems in the past with cramped toe boxes. Not anymore!

Hominator 02-18-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina Racquet (Post 5432373)
In terms of width, very generous. I've had problems in the past with cramped toe boxes. Not anymore!

Thanks, Carolina! I may give them a try, then.