Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Big 10 Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=378091)

Will Wilson 04-27-2011 03:23 PM

Big 10 Tennis
 
The Big 10 Conference draw has been posted. Here is the link:

http://www.gophersports.com//pdf8/760615.pdf[/IMG]

Illinois is really paying the price for dropping down the standings as they have a pretty tough opener against Michigan and then OSU.

The Golden Gophers of Minnesota have a great chance to avenge their loss to Indiana in the semis. They will need to be ready to play, however as Wisconsin is dangerous, especially at home. Either way, Minnesota or Indiana has a great chance to grab second place which is what everyone is playing for at this point.

jaggy 04-27-2011 03:50 PM

Im a Hoosier so I root for them but I cannot say enough how they have exceeded my wildest expectations this year, I had them as an outside shot at making the NCAA's. Even if it falls apart now I am satisfied with their season. Without Goransson who left the team I dont see them finishing 2nd.

Will Wilson 04-27-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaggy (Post 5604173)
Im a Hoosier so I root for them but I cannot say enough how they have exceeded my wildest expectations this year, I had them as an outside shot at making the NCAA's. Even if it falls apart now I am satisfied with their season. Without Goransson who left the team I dont see them finishing 2nd.

What happened to Goransson?

All credit to Indiana, they were great all year and improved dramatically. With that news and Gallego back in the lineup for Minnesota, that should tip the scales to The Golden Gophers, who are now ranked 19th. They just need to be ready for Wisconsin.

Michigan against Illinois will be very interesting.

Will Wilson 04-28-2011 06:13 AM

Live Stats / Video
 
Any Badger fans out there that can provide info on whether there is live stats or streaming available of the matches?

Fedace 04-28-2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Wilson (Post 5605139)
Any Badger fans out there that can provide info on whether there is live stats or streaming available of the matches?

I don't think gophers have enough money to put in any live video cams...

jhick 04-28-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 5605236)
I don't think gophers have enough money to put in any live video cams...

Do you have some inside information on the University of Minnesota's budget?

ClarkC 04-28-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 5605236)
I don't think gophers have enough money to put in any live video cams...

Minnesota certainly doesn't have the money to install video cams at the University of Wisconsin, where the Big 10 tournament is being held, although I am sure that the Wisconsin Badgers would think that this would be a nice gesture.

ClarkC 04-28-2011 07:45 AM

Michigan State vs. Northwestern is about done with the doubles point.

jhick 04-28-2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkC (Post 5605312)
Minnesota certainly doesn't have the money to install video cams at the University of Wisconsin, where the Big 10 tournament is being held, although I am sure that the Wisconsin Badgers would think that this would be a nice gesture.

Good Point

Will Wilson 04-28-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkC (Post 5605312)
Minnesota certainly doesn't have the money to install video cams at the University of Wisconsin, where the Big 10 tournament is being held, although I am sure that the Wisconsin Badgers would think that this would be a nice gesture.

Thanks for being more on the ball than Fedace. Minnesota has live stats and video streaming.

And thanks for finding the live stats feed.

ClarkC 04-28-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Wilson (Post 5605324)
Thanks for being more on the ball than Fedace.

Wow, talk about 'damning with faint praise.' :)

jaggy 04-28-2011 10:13 AM

The women have a video stream going on http://www.mgoblue.com/livestats/m-tennis/indoor.html

jaggy 04-28-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Wilson (Post 5604281)
What happened to Goransson?

All credit to Indiana, they were great all year and improved dramatically. With that news and Gallego back in the lineup for Minnesota, that should tip the scales to The Golden Gophers, who are now ranked 19th. They just need to be ready for Wisconsin.

Michigan against Illinois will be very interesting.

Goransson decided it wasnt for him, didnt travel last weekend and have to assume he is not at WI.

DCaicedo 04-28-2011 10:57 AM

how does PSU look? Are they in it?

jhick 04-28-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCaicedo (Post 5605707)
how does PSU look? Are they in it?

Looks like they lost 4-1. Gophers play the Badgers tomorrow afternoon.

Bogie 04-28-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 5605236)
I don't think gophers have enough money to put in any live video cams...

U of Minnesota has 2.22 billion dollar endowment and tennis is actually a pretty big sport there with a great attendance record.....you and thinking is as dangerous a combination as it gets

DCaicedo 04-28-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie (Post 5605805)
U of Minnesota has 2.22 billion dollar endowment and tennis is actually a pretty big sport there with a great attendance record.....you and thinking is as dangerous a combination as it gets

If the Baseline Tennis Facility at the U of Minn is reflective of the endowment, then I could definitely see interest in the sport.

Got to play there last summer during a conference, and it's a beautiful facility.

Hoping they go depp in the tourney..

coloskier 04-28-2011 01:05 PM

Are they playing the tournament indoors at Nielsen or outdoors? There are 12 indoor courts and only 6 outdoor, last time I was there. Maybe they are using both.

Lynx41 04-28-2011 01:23 PM

it's been overcast and drizzling in Madison today, when I was there earlier they were using 8 of the indoor courts and the others were for practice

TommieF 04-28-2011 07:23 PM

Kind of off topic but how will Nebraska tennis fit in next season? Do they have a program that can challenge the big 10 schools?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse