Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Just moved to San Francisco, looking for somebody to play tennis with! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=383148)

captain kirk 06-05-2011 03:34 PM

Just moved to San Francisco, looking for somebody to play tennis with!

Hi everyone,

I just moved to SF and I'm looking for somebody to play tennis with.

I'm a 21 year old male and I played tennis in college, and hopefully there's somebody in the area that wants to play.

If you're interested, email me at: fcrvenkovic@gmail.com

Thanks,

Filip

goober 06-06-2011 02:00 PM

Tell Scotty to beam someone down for you...

LeeD 06-06-2011 04:05 PM

I'm not your level any more, and live 30 miles away in SanPablo.
For good pickup tennis, GoldenGatePark is one of the best, but you have to filter thru the 3.5's and rec players before you attract your level of player. Best during the week, after 10AM, hang around with your best gear and you should be able to get a game within a couple days, depending how bad the weather is, and who shows.
Weekends, GGPk is pretty worthless for pickup, as the weekender rich crowd infests those 22 courts. However, late PM's, a crowd of 4.0 doubles shows up for free court 23, and you can rotate in and dominate (both weekends and weekdays}.
Both Marina and JuliusKahn have good doubles on weekends, certainly 4.5, but timing is difficult, as the crowd tends to show late or early depending on what ...?
Check CityCollege of SF or SFState, like 15 courts at CCSF and 18 at SFState. DoloresPark on weekend PM's can have 4.0 pickup doubs.
Where are you living in the City?

captain kirk 06-07-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goober (Post 5725027)
Tell Scotty to beam someone down for you...

haha good one! :)

captain kirk 06-07-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeD (Post 5725370)
I'm not your level any more, and live 30 miles away in SanPablo.
For good pickup tennis, GoldenGatePark is one of the best, but you have to filter thru the 3.5's and rec players before you attract your level of player. Best during the week, after 10AM, hang around with your best gear and you should be able to get a game within a couple days, depending how bad the weather is, and who shows.
Weekends, GGPk is pretty worthless for pickup, as the weekender rich crowd infests those 22 courts. However, late PM's, a crowd of 4.0 doubles shows up for free court 23, and you can rotate in and dominate (both weekends and weekdays}.
Both Marina and JuliusKahn have good doubles on weekends, certainly 4.5, but timing is difficult, as the crowd tends to show late or early depending on what ...?
Check CityCollege of SF or SFState, like 15 courts at CCSF and 18 at SFState. DoloresPark on weekend PM's can have 4.0 pickup doubs.
Where are you living in the City?

Thanks for the advice!

I'm currently staying with a friend on Market St until I find my own place, but I have a car so getting around isn't difficult.

I'll check out GGP on Saturday, it's impossible to go during the weekdays because of work, maybe after 6PM but I'll stick with weekends for now! Thanks again

woodrow1029 06-07-2011 09:40 AM

Welcome to SF. I live in the city as well.

captain kirk 06-07-2011 10:44 AM

Thanks!

10char

woodrow1029 06-07-2011 10:50 AM

I would offer to hit with you, but I am a 3.5-4.0 and haven't picked up a racket since January.

LeeD 06-07-2011 06:42 PM

It seems us around SanFrancisco just suck at tennis.

evw 06-09-2011 11:59 AM

sent you a message. some of us don't suck