Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Milos Raonic recovering from successful hip surgery (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=388158)

Herios 07-08-2011 07:03 AM

Milos Raonic recovering from successful hip surgery

From the Globe&Mail:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2090655/

This is a sad event for the tennis world, one of the most promising future stars is suffering such an injury so early in his career.

fps 07-08-2011 07:05 AM

Hip surgery? Yikes. At least it's from a definite incident and not degenerative like Hewitt's problems. Fingers crossed for a full recovery for the lad.

Mainad 07-08-2011 08:45 AM

What was the incident that caused the need for surgery?

He's very young to be already experiencing problems with his hip.Doesn't bode well for a long career methinks!

Herios 07-08-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mainad (Post 5822691)

He's very young to be already experiencing problems with his hip.Doesn't bode well for a long career methinks!

Slipped on the grass, in his second round at Wimbledon in his match against Gilles Muller. he continued to play the next two games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oupUROYnBTU

Preacher 07-08-2011 08:58 AM

As a Canadian who has hoped for years we would get a world class player, I hope he recovers from this injury. But that sounds serious for someone his age. May not bode well for the future.

Herios 07-08-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 5822728)
As a Canadian who has hoped for years we would get a world class player, I hope he recovers from this injury. But that sounds serious for someone his age. May not bode well for the future.

Same here...what a bummer to wake up to this news

30fifteen 07-08-2011 10:07 AM

The surgery was successful, so he should be ok.

JustBob 07-08-2011 02:59 PM

It's minor surgery. It's not like he had hip replacement. He'll be fine in 6 weeks.

Hood_Man 07-08-2011 03:12 PM

It might be a serious injury but he's still pretty young, he'll probably bounce back and make a full recovery. He seems like a sensible enough guy to me, he'll probably take it easy when he returns.

Love Game 07-08-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mainad (Post 5822691)

slipping on the fing grass (grass had bunches of players hitting the decks of all courts at wimby this year)

Marius_Hancu 07-08-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustBob (Post 5823528)
It's minor surgery. It's not like he had hip replacement. He'll be fine in 6 weeks.

We don't know how minor and we'll never be told.

vernonbc 07-08-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marius_Hancu (Post 5824222)
We don't know how minor and we'll never be told.

Well, the fact that he was on a stationary bike within a day or two and that he's expecting to be back on court in six weeks would seem to indicate it wasn't terribly serious. I agree that it would be nice if they'd release a little more information so there wasn't all this speculation but I prefer to think as positively as them. Besides, his girlfriend just arrived there tonight so I think it's likely he can move fairly well. ;)

Terre Battu 07-18-2011 10:22 PM

Surgery so soon on a your career??? Not a good sign.

AM95 07-19-2011 08:37 AM

when is he due back?

flyinghippos101 07-23-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AM95 (Post 5845933)
when is he due back?

In a couple of weeks so I heard. He said he's definitely playing the US Open, Cinci, the "Real Slam," is a toss-up. Rogers Cup is a no though.

LetsGoRoddick 07-23-2011 08:50 PM

Slipping on grass is pretty normal. Happened to Roddick in the final 09. Unfortunately this is more serious and I hope he recovers fully.

ruerooo 07-23-2011 08:56 PM

Best wishes for a full recovery, Milos.

Quote:

Cinci, the "Real Slam,
LOL. :-)

jdubbs 07-25-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 5822728)

He's not Canadian. That's like claiming Sharapova as an "American." Technically, maybe, but come on.

wy2sl0 07-25-2011 01:35 PM

Are you joking?

95% of Canadians are not native to Canada. Almost all of the people in our country that people call "natives" to Canada came from Europe at one time or another. Spending your childhood from 3 years old to now is long enough to deem someone from that country.

The minute you leave your home country to move to a "better place" you have essentially said that your birth country has failed you in some way or another (employment, war, persecution, you name it), and should be far more proud of the opportunities the country you have moved to has given you.

I don't mean to move off track, but the mentality you have shown is exactly what is wrong with my country (maybe yours?). Immigrants who come here for their own benefit, and feel no loyalty to the country that has bettered their life.

Herios 07-25-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubbs (Post 5858201)
He's not Canadian. That's like claiming Sharapova as an "American." Technically, maybe, but come on.

There is a BIG difference. Sharapova lives in US but still competes under Russia's flag.
Milos came to Canada with his parents as a 3 y old child and is a canadian citizen Period.
I am also canadian although came to Canada at 33y, but I am a canadian citizen.