Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Völkl C10 Pro Club! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=390055)

Shasha 07-23-2011 10:53 AM

Völkl C10 Pro Club!

Hello;

I've been testing my C10 Pro (2008 Version), and I'm so impressed. It weights like 350 grams with the overgrip plus the dampener, but his H.L. balance, do this stick, a friendly arm racket.

I'm very impressed, its so playable, the feel with the ball is really great, it hasn't a big sweet spot, but this racket, has a lot of control, I've never found a racket with more control than this, anyway I didn't tested all the rackets of the world obviously, but the control and the precision are great too.

One thing that I loved from this stick, is the spin, is so easy use it to generate a lot of spin, it impressed me so much.

I liked it on the serve, it's easy move this racket to generate power, at least it's easy for me, I loved the feeling hitting with the backhand or forehand, this stick impressed me in general.

Let here your opinions and screenies, about this famous and great stick, Völkl answered me on Facebook, and they told me that they're working on new cosmetic for 2012.

Join our club!

Regards,
Carlos. :)

mctennis 07-23-2011 10:53 PM

I use the C10 Pro Tour model. I liked this model better than the C10 version. I still use the C10 Pro Tour as my main racquet. It is a great stick. Nothing wrong with the C10 Pro. I just thought the PT was a little more stable at the net and I had better control with it. I'll be an honorary member I guess.

Automatix 07-24-2011 02:19 AM

I don't use one because I couldn't get my hands on my favourite of the C10 Pro line the Xtended version.

Loved that frame. Lighter than the standard, ca. 310g, 27,6 inches long. Very mobile.

Shasha 07-24-2011 04:52 AM

It's a classic frame, but it's the favourite stick of a lot of people from the whole Völkl series, it's nice.

Regards,
Carlos.

Shasha 07-25-2011 03:14 PM

I've been playing 2 hours today with it, I'm lovin' and lovin' and lovin' it each day that I use it...

100% graphite, thats great!

Cesare 07-25-2011 03:35 PM

Count me in, i own the second version, post fischcale. one handed backhands are just insane, very soft in the upper hoop, it flexes very much on that side. Overall, i love more the torsional stability of the Tour 10 gen 1, but the C10's touch and volleys are topless. IMHO the Black and Yellow 2008's version it's one of the best paint-job ever.

T3NN15 07-25-2011 07:35 PM

Great racquet!

5imon 07-25-2011 07:49 PM

I demoed c10 pro last Sept., loved the feel of it, but i wasnt good enough to play with such heavy stick :???: After couple months of hard work, i think im ready for this beauty and the price on tw is really sweet too. Im planning on getting it soon :)

Cesare 07-25-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5imon (Post 5859167)
I demoed c10 pro last Sept., loved the feel of it, but i wasnt good enough to play with such heavy stick :???: After couple months of hard work, i think im ready for this beauty and the price on tw is really sweet too. Im planning on getting it soon :)

and that 2008 version stills really beautiful. probably even better cosmetics than my bumblebee version. better than the new yellow one, and it's the same racquet, but way cheaper. nice.

McLovin 07-26-2011 03:33 AM

Alas, I am leaving the C10 Pro club in the near future. It has absolutely nothing to do with the frame itself with the exception of the weight. And again, it is not the fault of the frame, just that my shoulder can no longer handle the heft vs. college players for 3 sets.

I weighed mine the other day, and w/ strings/overgrip/dampener, it came in @ 12.6oz. I'm now looking at frames in the 12-12.2oz range to see if it helps with longevity.

Great frame, just too much heft for my 43yr old shoulder to handle. Look for some used 2008s in the 'For Sale' section in the coming weeks...

Shasha 07-26-2011 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLovin (Post 5859716)
Alas, I am leaving the C10 Pro club in the near future. It has absolutely nothing to do with the frame itself with the exception of the weight. And again, it is not the fault of the frame, just that my shoulder can no longer handle the heft vs. college players for 3 sets.

I weighed mine the other day, and w/ strings/overgrip/dampener, it came in @ 12.6oz. I'm now looking at frames in the 12-12.2oz range to see if it helps with longevity.

Great frame, just too much heft for my 43yr old shoulder to handle. Look for some used 2008s in the 'For Sale' section in the coming weeks...

I'm sorry for that, dude, I found the stick so arm friendly.

Regards,
Carlos.

Shasha 07-26-2011 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesare (Post 5859271)
and that 2008 version stills really beautiful. probably even better cosmetics than my bumblebee version. better than the new yellow one, and it's the same racquet, but way cheaper. nice.

Bought mine some weeks ago, strung, received it at my house etc, for like 110 euro, it's not expensive, I prefer 2008 cosmetics than 2011, anyway I like both, Völkl told me that they're working in a 2012 version with new cosmetics.

Regards.

Ross K 07-26-2011 05:35 AM

It has long been one of my fave frames ever. Love the balance and weighting. It swings just beautifully. Great for those more inspired, intuitive moments too. Agree with post re the spin - really got a lot of kick off serve. It's too soft for my present tastes. Plus my 1st serves were always a bit underwhelming ("operator error.") Undoubtedly though, a fantastic stick.:)

R

McLovin 07-26-2011 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shasha (Post 5859804)
I'm sorry for that, dude, I found the stick so arm friendly.

Again, I also found it arm-friendly, its just that my shoulder becomes fatigued from the weight & me trying to hit w/ 5.0 players 1/2 my age in 100 degree heat on clay.

Change it to fast indoor courts, and I can still hang w/ the young guns, but when my strike zone is raised to above my shoulders, eventually I become worn down. I've tried moving in and moving back, but in each case my whole game gets screwed up.

I probably need some form of surgery, but I'm not willing to take 6-9 months off. And to reiterate, I believe the injury comes from repeated falls on the wakeboard & snowboard, where my arm is either snapped back hard or my shoulder driven into the ground, NOT the racket.

TennisMaverick 07-26-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLovin (Post 5859716)

You would transition really well into the London. That is also the Volkl recommendation for your concerns. If you play above a 5.5, then give either of the X 10s a shot, as they are the nano tech upgrades of the C 10.

TennisMaverick 07-26-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLovin (Post 5859908)
I've tried moving in and moving back, but in each case my whole game gets screwed up.

Instead of camping out deep or shallow, stand where the ball is comfortable for you where they hit the deepest, and then, learn to walk-thru all balls during contact, like approach shots, and you will never have this issue. Each time you hit the ball moving forward, retreat to you original real estate position from where you started. Sampras used to do that all the time when he was just becoming great, around '90, when his groundies were still suspect because his serve was not yet too much for everyone. It kept his BH from being shredded.

Shasha 07-29-2011 12:04 PM

Bump!!!! :)

fuzz nation 07-29-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shasha (Post 5866883)
Bump!!!! :)

Oh no you didn't!

Yep, this honey's got me nicely hooked as well. Fortunately, a buddy warned me about the upper hoop flex and how these racquets can be "tip dead", or I might have thought the the 2nd hand C10's I first picked up a while back were all used up. Have to admit that I've grown to appreciate that personality quirk and I even wonder whether that flex up there in the head helps to "magnify" the overall softness in this racquet. I hit a rather big one-handed backhand and keep mine strung up with rather snug 17 ga. syn. gut, but can't say I've ever even had a twinge.

I try not to get too hung up on paint jobs or superficial cheese, but I have to admit that I was quite surprised with the decision to change from the '08 look - an oh-so-sexy beast - to the "unfortunate veneer" they've got now. Had to wonder if they'd lost their pride back in Germany! Mine are the hilarious bumble-bee generation... loud and proud. Good to hear that a new attempt at a decent look for this Volkl is in the works.

Shasha 08-02-2011 02:05 PM

Have been like 3 hours playin' with it today, my arm didn't get tired.

That's a good new.

Shasha 08-04-2011 02:45 PM

A pic from my Völkl C10 Pro (2008 Version)