Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Has anyone use this product called "The Eye Coach" (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=391597)

30Luv 08-04-2011 09:09 PM

Has anyone use this product called "The Eye Coach"

I have seen this advertise on Youtube, it's called the Eye Coach. Has anyone purchased this training aid and if you have one, did it help your game any ? Please give your input on this new device if you happen to have one.

30Luv 08-05-2011 06:06 AM

Here is the link to the Eye Coach : http://www.theeyecoach.com/pages/index.cfm?siteid=1925

Rogael Naderer 08-06-2011 07:40 AM

Slightly worried that they place stroke above footwork, that's sort of like saying an engine is more important than tires...

I personally wouldn't be caught dead using those contraptions.

whomad15 08-06-2011 04:00 PM

500 balls hit a day makes you better, no duh.

maggmaster 08-10-2011 10:01 AM

It is basically a Practice Hit. They are not too bad for grooving strokes or changing a bad behavior. I used one to redo my backhand, couple hundred hits a day for a few weeks makes a pretty big difference.

30Luv 08-12-2011 02:20 PM

Magg Master does it really help you out on your swing. How long have you had it and is it worth the money .

paulmaben 04-15-2012 06:30 PM

any other experience with the eyecoach? like to feedback on durability. thanks

S_Campbell10 04-16-2012 04:29 AM

This is akin to a tee used in T-Ball for little kids. Having the ball sitting still, in a set position, allows kids to focus on the ball, while coaches can instruct them on their swing and how to stand correctly in the batters box. This seems like a decent tool for a beginner, but I would say if you are a 3.5 or higher, there are better ways to train. Additionally, this doesn't allow you to simulate a ball coming at you, with different types of spin. This only works on the motion of your stroke, which to be honest, you can work on by standing in a mirror.

parasailing 04-23-2012 08:28 PM

It comes with a real tennis ball so you actually get a better feel when hitting the ball. You can actually tell if you are hitting topspin, flat, or under spin when you strike the ball.

It is more expensive than the practice hit but I find it pretty useful. Like all devices, I am not sure it would help greatly if you are already a decent player but it definitely can help improve your technique or if you are trying to learn a certain swing.

marjorie 01-09-2013 09:40 AM

i bought an eyecoach

i am a fairly new player but i want to learn how to hit right, how to swing right, the stance - the full meal deal. lI bought an eyecoach and im liking it a lot. What's not to love about hitting a ball 300 times in 6 minutes while trying to imprint the right contact point, or how to focus or keeping the head down until the swing is over.
i did a video here and im going to do another one in a few weeks to compare.
i think it is working too
m

Chotobaka 01-09-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggmaster (Post 5890716)
It is basically a Practice Hit. They are not too bad for grooving strokes or changing a bad behavior. I used one to redo my backhand, couple hundred hits a day for a few weeks makes a pretty big difference.

I have found the Practice Hit very useful for beginner's stroke development and even more valuable in working out movement to the ball and proper spacing. Once the feel of these are dialed in it translates very easily to real time speed the court. This one looks even better IMO.

gavna 03-26-2013 03:33 AM

Hmmmm a $200 hitting T............I guess with this and Wrist Assist you'll be a 5.0 in 30 days.

monomer 03-26-2013 05:08 AM

Yes, it looks to be the same thing as "Practice Hit". To me, PH seems like a better value. It does the same thing, costs much less and has a sturdier base. This Eye Coach appears to bounce around when you hit a groundstroke.

BeachPress 03-27-2013 05:30 PM

What is "Practice Hit"? I did a search of the forum and TW and didn't find anything.

OHBH 03-27-2013 06:17 PM

Complete junk,without the flight of the ball you have no idea of the quality of stroke. Even worse idea than that cheap ball on a rubber cord.

Pippin2306 03-30-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHBH (Post 7308641)
Complete junk,without the flight of the ball you have no idea of the quality of stroke. Even worse idea than that cheap ball on a rubber cord.

You dont have to see the flight of the ball to know the quality of your stroke. Haha. Like i said, if you dont want it dont bother but dont say its complete junk when you know nothing really about it or have seen it used in person. You are practicing the feeling of your stroke and you will be fully away if you hit the ball like crap. The ball lets you know your hitting spin as well. After you drill on the eye coach then you move to step 2 which is toss balls so you can Reinforce the feeling. Very important step which covers what OHBH was concerned about.

OHBH 03-30-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pippin2306 (Post 7315067)
You dont have to see the flight of the ball to know the quality of your stroke. Haha. Like i said, if you dont want it dont bother but dont say its complete junk when you know nothing really about it or have seen it used in person. You are practicing the feeling of your stroke and you will be fully away if you hit the ball like crap. The ball lets you know your hitting spin as well. After you drill on the eye coach then you move to step 2 which is toss balls so you can Reinforce the feeling. Very important step which covers what OHBH was concerned about.

Really? another Eye Coach rep creating an account so that their first post can be another endorsement of a gimmicky training product. I already reported the first guy and his comments were removed. Do I have to report you to? Let the actual members of the TTW community express their opinions.

My opinion: drop feeding yourself a bunch of balls is WAY better than the eye coach.

Pippin2306 03-30-2013 08:52 PM

I believe the title is "Has anyone use this product called "The Eye Coach"
I have and do use it so I have full right to be on this forum to talk about it. :)

Lol, I'm proud you reported someone, good for you but unfortunately for you I'm definitely no rep. Anyone who truly wanted to sell this would have better grammar than I have for sure. Read through my past posts, I don't care one bit if you buy it!!!! If you don't... Great. We use it at our club so I feel like I should have a value opinion about its use, I saw some untrue things that were said about it and wanted to clear the air. Report me if you want and it makes you sleep better though!!

OHBH 03-31-2013 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pippin2306 (Post 7315507)
I believe the title is "Has anyone use this product called "The Eye Coach"
I have and do use it so I have full right to be on this forum to talk about it. :)

Lol, I'm proud you reported someone, good for you but unfortunately for you I'm definitely no rep. Anyone who truly wanted to sell this would have better grammar than I have for sure. Read through my past posts, I don't care one bit if you buy it!!!! If you don't... Great. We use it at our club so I feel like I should have a value opinion about its use, I saw some untrue things that were said about it and wanted to clear the air. Report me if you want and it makes you sleep better though!!

I'll believe you for now I suppose. It is just a little crazy that there are a good 4 people with new accounts commenting on this thread and giving positive reviews for a product less than 1% of the tennis population has even heard about. Click on the other user marjorie on this thread and both posts made are about the eye coach in separate threads. Although in the other thread I saw Cindysphinx give a good review of the eye coach http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=377493 which has opened me up to the potential of this product.

Pippin2306 03-31-2013 03:42 PM

I see your point COMPLETELY and yeh, I'm a new user and I usually don't write on forums.... It's not my thing at all. If I were trying to sell it I would have posts in several rooms. Just not this one.

Please try to view the eye coach as something you keep more around the house to hit balls after or before you go hit. Please don't think this is all our kids do to get better lol. 10-15 minutes a day And a little knowledge is what it requires.