Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Murray is finished... (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=392109)

SStrikerR 08-09-2011 11:56 AM

Murray is finished...

After losing easily to Kevin Anderson 6-3, 6-1 in Montreal, Murray is done. He has no mind, and a weak retriever game. He will drop out of the top 5 next year, and slowly slide from there. Will never win a major. Will never shave again.

Thoughts?

tennis_pro 08-09-2011 12:02 PM

I have to say I'm a bit surprised. Murray used to be so hard to beat on hard courts on the Masters level even a year ago.

adidasman 08-09-2011 12:02 PM

It's possible you're right. Not likely, though. He has much more than a "weak retriever game."

wrxinsc 08-09-2011 12:03 PM

Here come 75 different Murray threads. :|

here is one we can all feel good about *****ing in. http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...341150&page=19

BreakPoint 08-09-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SStrikerR (Post 5888622)
After losing easily to Kevin Anderson 6-3, 6-1 in Montreal, Murray is done. He has no mind, and a weak retriever game. He will drop out of the top 5 next year, and slowly slide from there. Will never win a major. Will never shave again.

Thoughts?

Hmmm...isn't that what people said after he lost in the 1st round to Donald Young in Indian Wells and then right afterwards in the 1st round to Alex Bogomolov in Miami earlier this year?

Then he makes the semis of Monte Carlo, Rome, French Open, and Wimbledon?

jakemcclain32 08-09-2011 12:05 PM

And he won exactly zero of those too.

Kunohara 08-09-2011 12:05 PM

Lol. The best part was when you said he will never shave again. You win.

Clarky21 08-09-2011 12:06 PM

Nah,he's far from done. I still make him one of the favorites along with Djokovic,Federer,and Delpo to win the USO this year.

SStrikerR 08-09-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakPoint (Post 5888651)
Hmmm...isn't that what people said after he lost in the 1st round to Donald Young in Indian Wells and then right afterwards in the 1st round to Alex Bogomolov in Miami earlier this year?

Then he makes the semis of Monte Carlo, Rome, French Open, and Wimbledon?

That was a slump. That's different. This is Murray being mentally and physically out of it, and he will not recover. He knows he can't do it, and the pressure is too much. He's done. Today's match was the final razor.

Bud 08-09-2011 12:07 PM

This definitely opens up a clear path to the final for Nadal ;)

- -

Anderson must have had a stupendous serving day... and Murray a bit off

HiroProtagonist 08-09-2011 12:10 PM

Well he was clean shaven and lost, so if he can he needs to grow an epic beard to intimidate the likes of KA.

Also; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFxWkUkUsQA
Psss that means I think your supposition is erroneous

purple-n-gold 08-09-2011 12:11 PM

Anderson must have had a stupendous serving day... and Murray a bit off[/quote]

and that's all it takes at any level to get your butt handed to ya...

Towser83 08-09-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud (Post 5888663)
This definitely opens up a clear path to the final for Nadal ;)

- -

Yep he should make 6 masters finals in a row. This never seems to ahppen when Murray is in Novak's half... actually he never is in Novak's half haha.

Bud 08-09-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towser83 (Post 5888687)
Yep he should make 6 masters finals in a row. This never seems to ahppen when Murray is in Novak's half... actually he never is in Novak's half haha.

Be a treat to see a Nadal-Federer final in Montreal :)

Boricua 08-09-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple-n-gold (Post 5888675)

and that's all it takes at any level to get your butt handed to ya...[/quote]

I agree. Murray should recover, this is not the first time this happens with him. But, it makes you wonder.

Sartorius 08-09-2011 12:33 PM

Didn't see the match but reading reports of it, from Murray's vantage point this once again looks like an extremely disappointing result, regardless of Anderson's display. Apparently Murray was not effective at all in this match and scoreline confirms that.

But no, he's not finished.

Bud 08-09-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sartorius (Post 5888745)
Didn't see the match but reading reports of it, from Murray's vantage point this once again looks like an extremely disappointing result, regardless of Anderson's display. Apparently Murray was not effective at all in this match and scoreline confirms that.

But no, he's not finished.

He's just been really inconsistent this year

banter 08-09-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiroProtagonist (Post 5888671)
Well he was clean shaven and lost, so if he can he needs to grow an epic beard to intimidate the likes of KA.

He's also balding:

He needs more hair.

springthorpe777 08-09-2011 12:37 PM

I think he needs a new coach, someone who will kick his arse a bit. He always looks happy when he is training which is strange as he seems such a miserable git on court.

Amelie Mauresmo 08-09-2011 12:40 PM

I am a bit surprised at how well Kevin Anderson played he was actually very aggressive, serving huge, and moving well for a man that is six foot eight. I watched the match and Anderson played a perfect match he made almost no mistakes and just hit first strike tennis. Anderson just overpowered Murray. Murray plays a counter punch type of game but that is not enough to beat the best players.

I have never really seen Anderson play but he has a very good game. Even though Anderson isn't the best mover for a man that tall he seems to have good movement. Murray got deflated after losing the first set. I am just not impressed with Murray and Jimmy Arias even said the top players are really Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and not Murray. I have said this before but I believe the problem for Murray is mental he is so immature kind of like Andy Roddick. Murray has more talent than Roddick but he also lacks the emotional intensity to become a champion. I think Murray should concentrate on hiring a psychologist he needs to get in touch with his feelings and emotions. I also think he should start writing a journal as well.