Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   volkl organix 4 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=393504)

Enthu 08-20-2011 10:43 AM

volkl organix 4

Has anyone tried the volkl organix 4. Is it elbow/arm friendly enough?

Faithfulfather 08-20-2011 11:37 AM

I use to have one. Very arm friendly. The PB 4 is better. I had both at the same time and could hit back to back. The PB 4 hits way better.

TennisMaverick 08-20-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthu (Post 5918972)
Has anyone tried the volkl organix 4. Is it elbow/arm friendly enough?

This is a game adding stick. It sells really well; once it came-out, the PB 4 sales stopped.

eman resu 12-02-2012 08:00 AM

I'm curious too. I play with an Ozone Tour, but I'm considering getting something more powerful and lighter for my shoulder. (current racquet at 340g).
I have a great serve - flat, kick and slice -, but the effort I have to put to make it work for serve and volley is killing my shoulder. I know the ozone is soft, but maybe this softness is making me work too hard. Right now, as I recover my shoulder, I decided to play less and force less my game. I can do this with both my racquets (ozone and rok), but I guess I would miss some power.
In this case, would the PB4 or organix be a wise choice on the long run? The extra length is not a problem, I like it. On the other hand, I do like playing with heavy racquets, although I like playing the most.

scotus 12-02-2012 01:12 PM

I strongly suggest you demo this yourself.

When I demoed it, I couldn't serve at all with this racquet. It has those chunky catapult pieces at 3 and 9 o'clock, and they affected my swing path in such a way I kept mishitting my serve.

Although I'm pretty sure I could have eventually adapted to it, I didn't want to alter my form that much.

Timbo's hopeless slice 12-02-2012 01:45 PM

My 13 year old son uses these, they are great.

he will move on at the end of this year, I think (they are a bit light), but for his smallish frame and high level game(top 50 nationally in 14s) they have been perfect.

I would advise anyone after a lighter 'tweener' to give them a try'

whoever called them a 'game improvement' racquet is way off, they are quite HL and only slightly OS, nothing like the 8oz snowshoes in that category

Volkl make those, too, but the 4s are nothing like that..

eman resu 12-02-2012 02:08 PM

Unfortunately, I can't demo racquets where I live. Does anyone agree that it's hard to serve with? Assuming they cost the same, wich one should I get, PB or organix?

Timbo's hopeless slice 12-02-2012 02:50 PM

I do not find it hard to serve with

I can't comment on the PB, as we have one Organix and one DNX. Given they are virtually identical to play with, I would guess the PB is too!

I know a 5.0 guy who uses the PB 4 stock standard, wins more than he loses.. (he switched because of arm soreness from his old Pure Drives)

eman resu 12-14-2012 10:13 AM

I was browsing the TWU data and was surprised to find this on twistweight:

Power Bridge 4 9.59
Organix 4 15.09

That's a huge difference! Is this correct? Is the PB4 that unstable? Is the Organix 4 that stable?

TroutSc 12-14-2012 11:24 AM

I tried to x4, stuck with the pb7. (which is dirt cheap now).