Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Question on USTA Membership (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=394276)

Dream_On 08-26-2011 09:58 AM

Question on USTA Membership

Hey I am currently 18, so looking on the usta website (I want to buy membership) I should buy junior membership however I am turning 19 in a week. Which membership shall I choose?

goober 08-26-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream_On (Post 5933346)
Hey I am currently 18, so looking on the usta website (I want to buy membership) I should buy junior membership however I am turning 19 in a week. Which membership shall I choose?

The cheaper one.

Your partcipation in adult versus junior tournaments/leagues is based on your age not which membership you bought. So save a few bucks.

Limibeans 08-26-2011 03:40 PM

If you can afford it, the Lifetime Membership. It's expensive, like $500, but its worth it if you plan on staying with USTA for the long run. It also saves you the trouble of having to repay for your dues because your membership expires in the middle of a season.

A long time ago they gave out a leather jacket with the lifetime membership. I wish I knew what happened to mine haha.

goober 08-26-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limibeans (Post 5934137)
If you can afford it, the Lifetime Membership. It's expensive, like $500, but its worth it if you plan on staying with USTA for the long run. It also saves you the trouble of having to repay for your dues because your membership expires in the middle of a season.

A long time ago they gave out a leather jacket with the lifetime membership. I wish I knew what happened to mine haha.

Last time I checked, which admittedly was several years ago, the lifetime membership was $750.

Limibeans 08-26-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goober (Post 5934149)
Last time I checked, which admittedly was several years ago, the lifetime membership was $750.

You could very well be right, it might even be more now. Last time I checked was more than "several years ago". I think I first registered in 00/01. Forgot to take into account all those wars we've been getting ourselves into and then adjusting for the rate of inflation!!!!!!

Anyone a current lifetime buyer? Is it like a grand now?

NLBwell 08-27-2011 12:13 AM

The USTA is fighting wars?

beernutz 08-27-2011 01:07 AM

If I was 18 again the very last thing I'd do with $750 was buy a lifetime USTA membership.

Dream_On 08-27-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limibeans (Post 5934137)

I cant afford that....

I just wanted to know junior or senior

HookEmJeff 08-27-2011 03:50 PM

Try to buy the five-year junior membership right now.

Might save yourself a few bucks in the long run.

Jeff

d4o 08-27-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream_On (Post 5933346)

Don't get a usta membership, alot of the events are poorly organized annd a waste of time.

Pipe85 09-02-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4o (Post 5936026)
Don't get a usta membership, alot of the events are poorly organized annd a waste of time.

Some one sure sounds mad.

If you are just about to turn 19 you should get a junior membership because its cheaper, and just transfers over when you turn 19. At least this is what I was told by the membership lady at the USTA sectional office I interned at