Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Dropped in on Drakulie today (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=395983)

rjw 09-07-2011 02:26 PM

Dropped in on Drakulie today

Finally got over to see Rick (Drakulie) today. Seems that he had strung one of my son's racquets a while back....small world...:)

He straightened me out on the best next steps to take in solving my boy's string problems (mostly between the ears, I think)...thanks Rick!!

I wasted a bunch of his time, cost him a few feet of string and all in all I was a pain in the neck....sorry RIck, but it was great to finally meet you!!!

Thanks again....

Oh...and I left with a few sets of Black Magic

gavna 09-07-2011 05:55 PM

I've dropped by the shop numerous times on my trips to south Florida and never knew.....Im planning on getting back in a few weeks and planning on dropping by and also making a pest of myself. I'll make a point of spending some $$$$..... hahahaha

drakulie 09-07-2011 07:18 PM

Hahahah.

Hey guys!!

rjw, thanks for stopping by. Always great to meet posters on the TW boards and "talk shop". Sorry I wasn't able to speak with you more. I'm sure we'll meet up again soon.

Good luck with the string.

rjw 09-07-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 5973320)
Hahahah.

Hey guys!!

rjw, thanks for stopping by. Always great to meet posters on the TW boards and "talk shop". Sorry I wasn't able to speak with you more. I'm sure we'll meet up again soon.

You da man....!!!:twisted:

I felt uncomfortable taking up your time.....I owe you a beer to say the least

thanks again!!

FloridaAG 09-08-2011 04:15 AM

I got frames for you Drak - will email or text and try to drop off next week

Power Player 09-08-2011 06:27 AM

How far are you from Key Biscayne? I may try and slide by when I come down there in April for the tourney.

FloridaAG 09-08-2011 06:37 AM

Store is about 45 minutes to an hour from KB depending on traffic and how fast you are willing to drive.

Power Player 09-08-2011 06:41 AM

Nice..not bad at all. I may be able to pull that off especially if I can grab someone who wants to hit as well.

FloridaAG 09-08-2011 07:56 AM

LTC - where he lives is perhaps a little closer to KB depending on time of day (probably about the same travel time in reality) - DRAK has posted all this before so I am not giving away and secret personal info

SpinLikeRafa 09-09-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 5973320)
Hahahah.

Hey guys!!

Drakulie, i have a place in boca. What is the name of your shop? I would love to get a professional string job!

drakulie 09-09-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpinLikeRafa (Post 5980894)
Drakulie, i have a place in boca. What is the name of your shop? I would love to get a professional string job!

I can't state the name of the store because of forum rules, but I could tell you it is a tennis shop in Davie, Florida.

Aren't there any good stringers in your area. Kind of a shame for you to have to drive so far.

drakulie 09-09-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaAG (Post 5974130)
I got frames for you Drak - will email or text and try to drop off next week

sounds good. I have the grommets for you. Let me know.

zapvor 09-20-2011 03:44 AM

next time i am down there i have to remember to drop by myself!

Trippisthebest 02-07-2013 08:03 PM

You guys already carry RPM Dual?

diredesire 02-08-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 5982432)
I can't state the name of the store because of forum rules, but I could tell you it is a tennis shop in Davie, Florida.

Aren't there any good stringers in your area. Kind of a shame for you to have to drive so far.

Should be fine to post the shop name, you've been around long enough -- I'm sure TW Staff knows you're not ripping business off them. It's cool to set up forum member meets to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippisthebest (Post 7199065)
You guys already carry RPM Dual?

This, however, isn't cool -- shoot drak an e-mail, or something.

As far as hanging out while stringing -- I can only imagine drak is a pretty laid back guy to shoot the breeze with, but one thing I LOVE (aka hate when people do) is standing within handle radius of the stringing machines. Give some space, people!

stringwalla 02-10-2013 05:51 AM

I'll be in Lauderdale for a day before I head down to work the Sony.

Maybe I'll pop in to say "hey". If I'm guessing the correct business name, it looks like you might have a sister store a lot closer to Lauderdale.

If so, do you ever work that location?

drakulie 02-11-2013 05:31 PM

stringwalla, would love to meet up with you. Yes, the store I work at does have two locations (davie and ft. lauderdale). Although I live closer to the lauderdale store, I work out of the Davie location.

Unfortunately, I won't be there while you are down here,,,,,,,, I'll also be at the Sony Miami working with P1, so perhaps we could meet up at the Sony.

drakulie 02-11-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diredesire (Post 7199779)
Should be fine to post the shop name, you've been around long enough -- I'm sure TW Staff knows you're not ripping business off them. It's cool to set up forum member meets to me.

This, however, isn't cool -- shoot drak an e-mail, or something.

As far as hanging out while stringing -- I can only imagine drak is a pretty laid back guy to shoot the breeze with, but one thing I LOVE (aka hate when people do) is standing within handle radius of the stringing machines. Give some space, people!

Hey, Dire,,, thanks for the input.

And yes, it is very annoying when people stand directly in front of machine while I'm stringing. :)

Nostradamus 02-11-2013 05:34 PM

I love Drak, that is all I can say.

Lakers4Life 02-11-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 7207862)
Hey, Dire,,, thanks for the input.

And yes, it is very annoying when people stand directly in front of machine while I'm stringing. :)

I guess if they get by the handle a couple of times they will get the message. ;)