Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Australian Open 2012 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=397081)

iyudhi 09-13-2011 08:32 AM

Australian Open 2012
 
Hi,

I am planning to visit Melbourne next January to watch some games of the Australian Open.

Anybody has any experience of getting tickets at reasonable price? I don't want to get ripped off going as a foreigner.

Thanks,

Ivan

bezs 09-14-2011 03:46 AM

Was looking into getting tickets as well, most legit source http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...O#.TnFoF-yDEwd

iyudhi 09-14-2011 08:28 AM

yeah looks like it.. thanks for the link!
still pretty expensive huh.... looking to get men's quarters and finals..

are you going for sure?

bezs 09-14-2011 08:46 AM

Still deciding as i can't find someone to go with and from what i heard from someone who went this year accommodation is pretty expensive.

But Federer's career slowly coming to an end makes me want to take the plunge to see him play or practice at least once.

iyudhi 09-14-2011 09:15 AM

haha. I still can't believe he lost after leading 2-0. didn't get to watch it on TV live, now still waiting for someone to provide decent replay.

also I'm a bit confused about the scheduling.. looking at the packages:

Finals weekend -Women's/Men's final (limited availability) Adult $609.90

and at the bottom..

4 tickets per person per package - Finals Weekend & Final Five Packages

4 tickets means 4 games right??? but there's only 2 games for each men/women final?

iyudhi 09-14-2011 09:27 AM

forget my previous post... that's the limit that you can purchase..

bezs 09-14-2011 12:35 PM

You could consider going early in the tournament and just get a grounds pass value for money with lots of things going on at the same time in the outside courts.

iyudhi 09-14-2011 12:38 PM

yeah we can get ground pass online too with some discount I believe... so I'm planning to do that..

but I also want to see the finals since I probably won't do this very often....

bezs 09-15-2011 03:54 PM

I guess if its feasible to stay a week, to go from the first weekend onwards that way you get to experience what the outside courts are like and watch the later stages as well.

fantasticfed 09-28-2011 01:47 AM

hey guys,

yeh thats the site for tickets. i live in melbourne, and if you guys want, the pre-sale is on now for Tennis Australia members, if you guys give me your email, i can send you the stuff to get priority seating.
my email is:

c dot dellas at live dot co dot uk

also, accommodation around the AO period increases quite a lot dependiong on where you stay. your best bet is to try stay somewhere like Glen Waverley(train goes to the tennis) or in the city, which can be quite expensive

iyudhi 09-28-2011 06:29 AM

wow that's great! can you send the info to

ivan.yudhi@gmail.com

thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fantasticfed (Post 6033083)
hey guys,

yeh thats the site for tickets. i live in melbourne, and if you guys want, the pre-sale is on now for Tennis Australia members, if you guys give me your email, i can send you the stuff to get priority seating.
my email is:

c dot dellas at live dot co dot uk

also, accommodation around the AO period increases quite a lot dependiong on where you stay. your best bet is to try stay somewhere like Glen Waverley(train goes to the tennis) or in the city, which can be quite expensive


iyudhi 09-28-2011 01:32 PM

ok it seems I will be buying my tickets soon... so now I need help translating the pricing structures:

ground pass: what does this mean? does it allow me to enter the arena/facility, but NOT to watch the games? it seems awfully cheap... if that's the case, do I need ground pass to watch the games even though I have the event tickets?



at this point I'm considering of watching the quarter finals / semis and finals (maybe just men's)

Quarter finals - Tues 24 Jan- Wed 25 Jan 2012
Day Adult $242.90 Concession $216.90
Night Adult $242.90 Concession $216.90

-> does it mean that I can watch ALL (men's and women's) quarterfinal matches? what's the time switch between day and night? which one do you think have better games?



Semi finals - Thurs 26 Jan + choice of 1 men's semi final
Day Adult $336.90 Concession $326.90

Does it mean that I can watch ALL women's semifinal ( 2 games) and 1 men's semi?



Finals weekend -Women's/Men's final (limited availability)
Adult $609.90 Concession $569.90

This is probably obvious and stupid question.... so basically I get to watch BOTH men's and women's final?



Thanks for the help.. you can see I'm new at this.. and not planning to do very often so I want to get the fullest experience as possible...

p.s. caps aren't intended for shouting... I just figure it's easier to read this way :)

fantasticfed 09-28-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iyudhi (Post 6034183)
ok it seems I will be buying my tickets soon... so now I need help translating the pricing structures:

ground pass: what does this mean? does it allow me to enter the arena/facility, but NOT to watch the games? it seems awfully cheap... if that's the case, do I need ground pass to watch the games even though I have the event tickets?



at this point I'm considering of watching the quarter finals / semis and finals (maybe just men's)

Quarter finals - Tues 24 Jan- Wed 25 Jan 2012
Day Adult $242.90 Concession $216.90
Night Adult $242.90 Concession $216.90

-> does it mean that I can watch ALL (men's and women's) quarterfinal matches? what's the time switch between day and night? which one do you think have better games?



Semi finals - Thurs 26 Jan + choice of 1 men's semi final
Day Adult $336.90 Concession $326.90

Does it mean that I can watch ALL women's semifinal ( 2 games) and 1 men's semi?



Finals weekend -Women's/Men's final (limited availability)
Adult $609.90 Concession $569.90

This is probably obvious and stupid question.... so basically I get to watch BOTH men's and women's final?



Thanks for the help.. you can see I'm new at this.. and not planning to do very often so I want to get the fullest experience as possible...

p.s. caps aren't intended for shouting... I just figure it's easier to read this way :)

The Ground Pass gets you into the complex but doesnt allow you access to Centre Court and Hisense Arena. It allows you to go on all the show courts. If you have a ticket you dont need to buy a ground pass.


The quarters there are 3 in the day session (2 women and 1 mens, vice-versa if you go to the other quarters). The night session is usually 1 mens quarters and a doubles match. the time switch is when the "day session" id over, so all matches are completed. Day session usually starts at 11am and finishes by 4pm. if the matches go longer say to 10pm you can stay.

The semis. Thats right you get 2 womens semis and a choice of 1 mens semis.
No. that is the price for 1 final. The packages for both mens and womens final are over AUD$1000.

Im working at the 2012 Aus Open, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask me :)

iyudhi 09-28-2011 03:24 PM

hi,

thanks for the reply... but I do have some more questions:

so if I buy the final package I get to watch 1 final, either men's or women's for $600... that kinda defeat the purpose of 'package' no? (since it's only 1 game.. haha..)

what's the difference compared to this one then:

ROD LAVER ARENA
Single Sessions
Sun 29 Jan 2012 $369.90 $374.90 -----> isn't this the final day? wouldn't it better to just buy single ticket then?


when you say 'other quarters' does it mean different day? so for example if I buy 1 package, I'm limited to go ONLY to one of these sessions:

Tues 24th - Day
Tues 24th - Night
Tues 25th - Day
Tues 25th - Night

.. and not day or night session for BOTH days? if that's the case which day has the most men's singles (not interested in doubles)

also the link that you sent to my email doesn't have links to purchase the tickets. did they shut down the pre-sale already? would you mind checking what you see at your end if you can still get tickets?

so if I have a ticket I can enter all the side courts? is it only for that particular day or can I go every day (even though I have no tickets for the other days)?

and by center court you mean rod laver arena right?

last question.. since you're working at aussie open 2012.. can you hook me up with some tickets? :p

j/k (or not....)

fantasticfed 09-29-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iyudhi (Post 6034350)
hi,

thanks for the reply... but I do have some more questions:

so if I buy the final package I get to watch 1 final, either men's or women's for $600... that kinda defeat the purpose of 'package' no? (since it's only 1 game.. haha..)

what's the difference compared to this one then:

ROD LAVER ARENA
Single Sessions
Sun 29 Jan 2012 $369.90 $374.90 -----> isn't this the final day? wouldn't it better to just buy single ticket then?


when you say 'other quarters' does it mean different day? so for example if I buy 1 package, I'm limited to go ONLY to one of these sessions:

Tues 24th - Day
Tues 24th - Night
Tues 25th - Day
Tues 25th - Night

.. and not day or night session for BOTH days? if that's the case which day has the most men's singles (not interested in doubles)

also the link that you sent to my email doesn't have links to purchase the tickets. did they shut down the pre-sale already? would you mind checking what you see at your end if you can still get tickets?

so if I have a ticket I can enter all the side courts? is it only for that particular day or can I go every day (even though I have no tickets for the other days)?

and by center court you mean rod laver arena right?

last question.. since you're working at aussie open 2012.. can you hook me up with some tickets? :p

j/k (or not....)

It gets you into all quarter finals( not 100% sure). THe 29th is the last day, and that is only for the mens and mens doubles final.

so if I have a ticket I can enter all the side courts? is it only for that particular day or can I go every day (even though I have no tickets for the other days)?

Lets say you have a ticket for the first day. That gets you into the ground for the whole day. If you go the next day with that exact same ticket, they wont let you in. so its only for the day you have a ticket. And yes by centre court, i mean RLA.

iyudhi 09-29-2011 06:43 AM

thanks for the reply...

sorry but more questions (you can see that I'm getting very excited)

if I buy the package for the final, that gets me to both men's single AND double final? and that's why the price is doubled compared to buy men's single final?

and it seems that the pre-sale period has been closed? I'm afraid I might be missing something because I don't see the link the purchase the tickets.


Quote:

Originally Posted by fantasticfed (Post 6035053)
It gets you into all quarter finals( not 100% sure). THe 29th is the last day, and that is only for the mens and mens doubles final.

so if I have a ticket I can enter all the side courts? is it only for that particular day or can I go every day (even though I have no tickets for the other days)?

Lets say you have a ticket for the first day. That gets you into the ground for the whole day. If you go the next day with that exact same ticket, they wont let you in. so its only for the day you have a ticket. And yes by centre court, i mean RLA.


bezs 09-29-2011 09:14 AM

Don't mind me hijacking the thread for a little bit, fantasticfed just curious how long would a train ride take from Glen Waverley from to Melbourne Park?

iyudhi 09-29-2011 09:56 AM

no, not hijacking... contributing :)

let me know if you end up going.. at this point I'm about 95% chance of going considering I can get tickets... maybe we can spar a bit too while we're there...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bezs (Post 6035612)
Don't mind me hijacking the thread for a little bit, fantasticfed just curious how long would a train ride take from Glen Waverley from to Melbourne Park?


fantasticfed 09-29-2011 02:14 PM

If you buy the package ticket, it get you into the mens and womens final. the single session ticket gets you into the mens doubles and singles.

From Glen Waverley, it takes about 30-35 minutes on the train, and drops you at Melbourne Park

iyudhi 10-04-2011 07:36 PM

hi fantasticfed,

I have one more question -

Mon 16 - Sun 29 Jan 2012 Five day non-consecutive ground pass $99.00
Mon 16 - Sun 29 Jan 2012 Family ground pass $75.00

What's the difference between these two?

For the first one I assume you can only go 5 days, not day after another. But what about the family ground pass? Is it also 5 days non consecutive or can we go the whole 2 weeks? Seems kinda odd pricing...

Thanks for your help,




Quote:

Originally Posted by fantasticfed (Post 6036207)
If you buy the package ticket, it get you into the mens and womens final. the single session ticket gets you into the mens doubles and singles.

From Glen Waverley, it takes about 30-35 minutes on the train, and drops you at Melbourne Park



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse