Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Question for Jason (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=398596)

coolblue123 09-26-2011 02:12 AM

Question for Jason

Hi Jason:

After watching several reviews, I think our playing styles are very similar. I was wondering if you've playtested the Organix 8 315? I just played with the 315 and thought it has a good match for our game.

btw, how's your London doing?

Seth 09-26-2011 06:38 AM

TW Staff 09-26-2011 01:09 PM

I only hit with it once when we first received the playtest racquets, so I don't remember much about it. But I will take it out for a hit tomorrow. After looking at the specs, I think you're right, this racquet seems like it'd be a great fit for my game.

Still enjoying my BB London. I added lead tape at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions as well as some right at the top of the handle (where the handle and frame meet). Although, after my playtest with the Slazenger Pro Braided, I'm seriously considering switching that that racquet.

I'll keep you updated.

Jason, TW

coolblue123 09-26-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth (Post 6029201)

You're just jealous... LOL! =)

samster 09-26-2011 07:39 PM

J is one cool dude. I met him at Indian Wells a few years back right outside the TW tent.

TW Staff 09-27-2011 08:45 AM

Thanks Samster! I cannot deny nor deny that statement. :-)

Jason, TW

zapvor 09-27-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolblue123 (Post 6030487)
You're just jealous... LOL! =)

you are in rockville? wanna meet up and hit some?

coolblue123 09-27-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 6031541)
you are in rockville? wanna meet up and hit some?

sure. I am on travel right now, but I'll email you when I get back. Actually I live in Gaithersburg. Just that when people ask where is GBurg, I go 6 miles north of Rockville, so I just say Rockville now.
Are you around the Rockville area as well?

zapvor 09-27-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolblue123 (Post 6031592)
sure. I am on travel right now, but I'll email you when I get back. Actually I live in Gaithersburg. Just that when people ask where is GBurg, I go 6 miles north of Rockville, so I just say Rockville now.
Are you around the Rockville area as well?

cool. yea we can hit in rockville . let me know when you get back!

coolblue123 09-29-2011 05:27 AM

Hi Jason: Saw from Spencer's comment on youtube that you guys will be doing a review on the 315. Are you part of the playtest as well?

TW Staff 09-29-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolblue123 (Post 6029000)
Hi Jason:

After watching several reviews, I think our playing styles are very similar. I was wondering if you've playtested the Organix 8 315? I just played with the 315 and thought it has a good match for our game.

I used the Organix 8 315 yesterday during my hit. It's definitely a powerful racquet, more so than a stock Boris Becker London. I felt like there was easy access to both power and spin without sacrificing too much control. It seemed to me that the racquet was a bit sluggish, despite the 315 swingweight. I couldn't whip it around as fast on my forehand, especially when trying to hit crosscourt. It was fun to hit with this racquet, and I think you should give it a shot.

Jason, TW

zumzool 09-30-2011 08:03 AM

Jason - Can you comment on the Slazenger? i know it's a stiff racquet and you've had shoulder issues...

TW Staff 09-30-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zumzool (Post 6037477)
Jason - Can you comment on the Slazenger? i know it's a stiff racquet and you've had shoulder issues...

Yes. Hmm, how should I put this? I LOVE this racquet! We just finished shooting our review video for it so I've been hitting consistently with it for a while now. It's very easy to swing and has a solid and crisp feel. Even though it's very maneuverable, there is still enough weight that I don't feel like the racquet gets over powered. For the majority of the playtest, I used either a full multi setup or hybrid and had no problems. Just recently, I strung it up with a full set of poly. I think it might be a combination of the full poly as well as too much time on the court lately, but my shoulder issue has come back to haunt me.

If you have arm issues, but still want to try out this racquet, then I'd definitely recommend stringing it up with either a multi-filament/natural gut or do a hybrid set up.

As I sit here typing with a ice pack on my shoulder, I will still stand behind the Slazenger Pro Braided. In my opinion, it's that good!

Jason, TW

zumzool 10-03-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6038214)
Yes. Hmm, how should I put this? I LOVE this racquet! We just finished shooting our review video for it so I've been hitting consistently with it for a while now. It's very easy to swing and has a solid and crisp feel. Even though it's very maneuverable, there is still enough weight that I don't feel like the racquet gets over powered. For the majority of the playtest, I used either a full multi setup or hybrid and had no problems. Just recently, I strung it up with a full set of poly. I think it might be a combination of the full poly as well as too much time on the court lately, but my shoulder issue has come back to haunt me.

If you have arm issues, but still want to try out this racquet, then I'd definitely recommend stringing it up with either a multi-filament/natural gut or do a hybrid set up.

As I sit here typing with a ice pack on my shoulder, I will still stand behind the Slazenger Pro Braided. In my opinion, it's that good!

Jason, TW

How does this racquet compare to the London in terms of power, feel, and dwell time?

Thanks for the input.

TW Staff 10-03-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zumzool (Post 6042992)
How does this racquet compare to the London in terms of power, feel, and dwell time?

Thanks for the input.

I'd say that the power level is pretty even. The feel of the Slazenger is more crisp and solid whereas the London offers more of a softer, more muted response. The dwell time is longer on the London, I could definitely feel the flex in the racquet with each hit. Even the the Pro Braided has a higher swingweight, it doesn't feel like it at all. It feels very fast and mobile, just like the London.

Jason, TW

tonibabes 03-14-2012 10:02 AM

Hi Jason! I'm just wondering what kind of Brace/Support/Strap do you use when you had a Tennis Elbow. What do you recommend?

TW Staff 03-14-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonibabes (Post 6390965)
Hi Jason! I'm just wondering what kind of Brace/Support/Strap do you use when you had a Tennis Elbow. What do you recommend?

For a while I was using a tennis elbow strap, similar to this one:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/desc...tml?PCODE=TEBB

I haven't dealt with tennis elbow in a while now (knock on wood), but the last time I did, I used kinesio tape, and it worked well.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/desc...?PCODE=KTEXGOW

Here is a video on how to tape for it:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/kine...?vidcode=LC005

Good luck!

Jason, TW

coolblue123 03-17-2012 01:03 PM

Hi Jason, its been at least a year since u changed over to the London, have u changed sticks since?

TW Staff 03-19-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolblue123 (Post 6400342)
Hi Jason, its been at least a year since u changed over to the London, have u changed sticks since?

Ha. Funny you should ask. I've been itching to switch for the past few months and toyed with a few racquets like the Slazenger Pro Braided, Head Youtek IG Prestige S, Dunlop Biomimetic 400 Tour and the Wilson BLX Juice 100. But recently, I find myself grabbing a leaded up Volkl Organix V1 MP. I love the feel and spin I can put on my shots. I now have it weighted up to 11.1 ounces with a swingweight of 306.

Who knows what I'll be using in a week, 2 weeks from now. I just got a first look at the Organix 9 and the Boris Becker NYC. Can't wait to try those out!

Jason, TW

coolblue123 03-21-2012 07:07 PM

what a coincedence! I've been eyeing the nyc as well. I've heard alot of great things as well. it seems like many racquet companies are toying with 27.25 racquets. I've read the specs in the latest issue on rsa magazine and ur right. there are many racquets with specs I'd like to hit with as well.
any news on when the NYC is going on presale? I've been saving my Xmas gc for this stick.