Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   NFL 2011 discussion thread! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=398709)

thug the bunny 09-26-2011 06:52 PM

NFL 2011 discussion thread!

Talk up your teams guys and gals. Trash talking encouraged, but let's not get shut down by the mods.

I'll start..

My Gmen beat the Birds, but not because they played that well as the Eagles were about as sharp as a sack of wet mice. The Giants are decimated by injuries, but they harassed Vick and knocked him out of the game (with a bruised non-throwing hand - what a man), and were able to capatilize on Eagles mistakes. The Birds $15M cornerback triumverate made 1 pick but allowed 4 TD passes.

Look, here's the deal - Vick has been figured out by the league. The Eagles offensive line is not good enough to protect him from the schemes that defenses are throwing at him. Last year he took opposing defenses by surprise, but that's over.

As for the Gmen, sometimes I'm glad that Manning is not a superstar, because he flies under the radar. Defensive coordinators don't really get their backs up when he comes to town. But his offensive line is solid, and his RBs are healthy. If they can get healthy overall, I see 11-5 this season.

The Eagles are in for an epic fail: 7-9

soyizgood 09-26-2011 07:00 PM

Colts might as well tank this season for the 1st pick. Even if Peyton returns late this year, the Colts don't have the stuff needed to do anything in the postseason.

LOL at New England losing to Buffalo. ESPN can quiet their Patsy hype machine this week.

And oh yeah, GO 49ers!

thug the bunny 09-26-2011 07:07 PM

Ha! Kerry Collins used to be our QB, so I too have certainty that the Colts are doomed.

I could go on about the Pats, but let's just keep it to I love when they lose.

Good luck with your 9ers..

soyizgood 09-26-2011 08:44 PM

I don't expect San Fran to do anything this year. I've suffered for almost a decade as a 49er fan. The Yorks need to go. Bring back DeBartolo and Policy. If we can clone them, bring back a new set of Rice, Taylor, Montana, Craig, Rathman, Lott, Norton Jr, Stubblefield, Young (Bryant and Steve), Jones, Hanks, Waters, Haley. Oh the good old days....

jamesblakefan#1 09-26-2011 08:58 PM

San Fran is in the crappiest division in football. 7-9 may be enough to win it.

With any luck hopefully the Raiders may finally be out of mediocrity. JC actually finally looks like a legit game manager, DMC is an early candidate for MVP if he can stay healthy, and Moore could be Rookie of the Year if he keeps this up. The D needs to play better though. I'm afraid Brady may throw for 600+ this week.

thug the bunny 09-27-2011 11:21 AM

Um, yeah I think the Pats are gonna be really ****ed after a whole week of Belicheck treatment.

Any Cowgirls or Foreskins fans out there want to explain what the hell that was last night? That was pure fugly football is what that was...

r2473 09-27-2011 11:29 AM

I wish they could figure out how to pack more commercials into a game. Maybe if they gave each team 10 challenges?

Is it just me or does everyone love to see the bogus pass interference, holding, illegal touching the QB, etc. calls? Makes the game so interesting. If there is a game that is more in the hands of the refs, I'm not sure what it is. Oh wait, that would be NBA "basketball".

soyizgood 09-27-2011 11:47 AM

Commercials take way too much time. A one hour game takes over three hours thanks to commercials and TV timeouts. Even worse in college football games. Just air fewer commercials and jack up the advertising costs. I won't miss the military, sodas, cars, insurance, banking ads.

CCNM 09-27-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thug the bunny (Post 6031850)
Um, yeah I think the Pats are gonna be really ****ed after a whole week of Belicheck treatment.

Any Cowgirls or Foreskins fans out there want to explain what the hell that was last night? That was pure fugly football is what that was...

Didn't watch the game but apparently Romo's center couldn't hear him call the signals (?) Was really sad to see my 'phins lose by one @#$%ing point, but hearing that the Patriots lost made me feel better. :)

lucknowrocks 09-27-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thug the bunny (Post 6030584)
The Eagles are in for an epic fail: 7-9

lolololololololol. terrible o-line but please, there is no way the iggles win anything less than 11

jamesblakefan#1 09-27-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucknowrocks (Post 6032226)
lolololololololol. terrible o-line but please, there is no way the iggles win anything less than 11

11 wins isn't going to happen in that division, and I think they play the AFC East (Pats, Jets, Bills) out of division as well. And if Vick keeps getting hurt due to that weak o-line then 7-9 is very possible.

thug the bunny 09-28-2011 06:05 AM

Um, that means they only get 3 losses for the rest of the year! JBF#1 called it right - NFC E has a tough schedule and Vick is going to get pounded, plus Reed doesn't run the ball, plus the Beagles are horrible in the red zone. I'm looking forward to this..

r2473 09-28-2011 08:14 PM

Watching the end of the MLB regular season brings up one more thing I hate about the NFL. At the end of the season, teams tank (especially the ones already in the playoffs).....they actually announce they will tank, and the fans / media, everyone is 100% fine with it.

They could learn a little something about respecting the game from MLB.

jamesblakefan#1 09-28-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r2473 (Post 6034833)
Watching the end of the MLB regular season brings up one more thing I hate about the NFL. At the end of the season, teams tank (especially the ones already in the playoffs).....they actually announce they will tank, and the fans / media, everyone is 100% fine with it.

They could learn a little something about respecting the game from MLB.

Respecting the game?Like Jose Reyes? :)

MLB teams rest stars too. Yankees used 11 pitchers to not burn out for the playoffs. Boston and especially Atlanta just choked badly.

There's no perfect solution. NFL added all divisional games for Week 17 which helps somewhat, but moot if the division is already decided.

NYCtennis1 09-28-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesblakefan#1 (Post 6034844)
Respecting the game?Like Jose Reyes? :)

MLB teams rest stars too. Yankees used 11 pitchers to not burn out for the playoffs. Boston and especially Atlanta just choked badly.

There's no perfect solution. NFL added all divisional games for Week 17 which helps somewhat, but moot if the division is already decided.

But if we get one meaningful game in the last week, then the league looks great.

P.S is anyone else as big on the Lions as I am, they have some of the most talented skill position players in the league.

thug the bunny 09-29-2011 07:08 AM

OMG, a Lions - Bills superbowl? Armegeddon for sure.

soyizgood 10-02-2011 07:32 PM

LOL the 49ers are 3-1. Eagles now lost 3 in a row. Lions came back and are 4-0.

Raiders still beat themselves with penalties while Jason Campbell hits unintended targets right on cue.

jamesblakefan#1 10-02-2011 08:38 PM

Just glad that Tony Romo isn't my team's QB. ;)

Fed Kennedy 10-02-2011 10:56 PM

Niners GOATing. Alex Smith is the chosen one.

thug the bunny 10-03-2011 06:49 AM

Quote:

Just glad that Tony Romo isn't my team's QB.
Amen that. There is no lead too big that he can't throw away. Does he know that throwing the ball to the other team is not a good thing?

Quote:

Niners GOATing. Alex Smith is the chosen one.
Not sure about chosen one, but he stayed patient and came through in the second half for sure. Where was that vaunted Beagles defensive backfield? No picks I believe. I so hope the Eagles go into a tailspin this year.