Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   @@@@@The OFFICIAL Prince EXO3 Tour 100 Club@@@@@ (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=399113)

TheSafin 09-30-2011 11:49 AM

@@@@@The OFFICIAL Prince EXO3 Tour 100 Club@@@@@
 
Hey all my beauteous Tour 100 lovers.

If you're here, it means you are committed to feel. You are committed to pummeling forehands up the line with supreme confidence. You are committed to hitting kick serves that almost bounce out of the court. You are committed to staring down Pure Drives with no fear in your heart. You are committed to outrageous spin that seems to bring even the most errant backhands down into the court. You are committed to progress. You are committed to a racquet that, if used properly, can feel as much a part of you as your arm itself. A racquet that we have all dreamed about but never had......until now.

Welcome to the Prince EXO3 Tour 100 Club. Whether you play the 16/18 or the tighter 18/20, you are welcome here. For all of us lucky enough to have found this racquet, this will be our meeting place. Discuss anything you would like here, as long as it pertains to this beautiful racquet that has served us all together. What are your string set-ups? Grips? Dampeners? Lead? How do YOU take advantage of this beautiful frame?

I will say no more.
Welcome!

Safin

anewtypedude 09-30-2011 02:49 PM

Just got this with gut (VS) and poly (Hurricane Tour) strung. Will test it out tomorrow.

tata 09-30-2011 03:40 PM

For some reason it feels the 'exo3 tour advice' thread has become the unofficial owner's club. But nevertheless i am in.

PhotoBlue 09-30-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSafin (Post 6037864)
Hey all my beauteous Tour 100 lovers.

If you're here, it means you are committed to feel. You are committed to pummeling forehands up the line with supreme confidence. You are committed to hitting kick serves that almost bounce out of the court. You are committed to staring down Pure Drives with no fear in your heart. You are committed to outrageous spin that seems to bring even the most errant backhands down into the court. You are committed to progress. You are committed to a racquet that, if used properly, can feel as much a part of you as your arm itself. A racquet that we have all dreamed about but never had......until now.

Welcome to the Prince EXO3 Tour 100 Club. Whether you play the 16/18 or the tighter 18/20, you are welcome here. For all of us lucky enough to have found this racquet, this will be our meeting place. Discuss anything you would like here, as long as it pertains to this beautiful racquet that has served us all together. What are your string set-ups? Grips? Dampeners? Lead? How do YOU take advantage of this beautiful frame?

I will say no more.
Welcome!

Safin

This is very moving

TheSafin 09-30-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoBlue (Post 6038255)
This is very moving

Lol thanks man. I was going for that half serious, half cheesy vibe. I know us tennis players like to be dramatic.

PhotoBlue 09-30-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSafin (Post 6038308)
Lol thanks man. I was going for that half serious, half cheesy vibe. I know us tennis players like to be dramatic.

It's actually pretty poetic. Has a nice flow to it.

anewtypedude 09-30-2011 06:00 PM

This is a truly unique racquet. It feels like a pillow.

chrisheile 09-30-2011 06:15 PM

O3
 
I bought a used O3 tour just two days before back surgery. Hopefully I can hit again after Oct 10th. After reading all of these posts about the EXO3 these past 5 weeks (I've been on the boards a lot considering the limited activity) I've been tempted to buy an EXO3 before I've even had a chance to hit with the 03.

adamvann 09-30-2011 06:38 PM

I'll join, I have the 16x18 and stringing up with Solinco Barbed Wire.

Power Player 09-30-2011 07:20 PM

Wonderful stick...sign me up.

corners 09-30-2011 07:55 PM

Question for all you club members:

I've never hit the EXO Tour, but I've got a O3 Tour Mid which probably hits the ball as well as anything I've ever played - the power and spin from that 95 is fantastic. But that version of the Tour was extremely muted, to the point that you could say it has no feel.

Has anyone here played with the O3 Tour and now plays with the EXO Tour? How would you compare the ball feel? Has it been that much improved? Or is the EXO just less muted?

Bartelby 09-30-2011 07:57 PM

Yes, bring me the EXO3 Tour 95, now that would be a racquet.

tennis-kid 09-30-2011 08:25 PM

I am in. I have 16x18

tennismonkey 09-30-2011 09:53 PM

Count me in. 18 mains here.

OP please do a head count. Have a feeling this is a very popular stick.

Orion3 09-30-2011 10:32 PM

I'm in. The best modern sticks I've ever owned.

Have two 16/18's: One stung with luxilon savage at 38lb and the other will be strung (on Monday) with BHBR at 38lb.

One thing of note with such low tensions - the noise, or relative lack of it ...gonna take some getting used to.

aimr75 09-30-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion3 (Post 6038776)
One thing of note with such low tensions - the noise, or relative lack of it ...gonna take some getting used to.

curious what you mean by lack of noise?

rlau 10-01-2011 01:14 AM

I'm in, too. I have a pair of 18x20s. Great stick. Currently playing full poly (WC B5E).

tata 10-01-2011 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corners (Post 6038564)
Question for all you club members:

I've never hit the EXO Tour, but I've got a O3 Tour Mid which probably hits the ball as well as anything I've ever played - the power and spin from that 95 is fantastic. But that version of the Tour was extremely muted, to the point that you could say it has no feel.

Has anyone here played with the O3 Tour and now plays with the EXO Tour? How would you compare the ball feel? Has it been that much improved? Or is the EXO just less muted?

the exo3 is definitely has improved feel compared to the original o3 stuff. Maybe it's fair to say its a different feel than none.

Faithfulfather 10-01-2011 05:20 AM

Count me in! This stick is like the power sword from He-Man. I raise this racquet, then mutter the words "by the power of Grayskull"! Lighting shoots down from the heavens transforming me into He-Man. Women see that perfectly chiseled body and run over just to catch a glimpse of my now super human tennis ability. I really do love this stick.

NYCtennis1 10-01-2011 08:02 AM

Sign me up! Just picked up two 16 x 18's and I won't be switching for a while! One has full ALU and the other is going to be strung up with Tour Bite next week! I've got 12 grams of lead in the hoop (6 grams at 3 and 9.) Planning on getting a third one used so I can toy with strings and lead.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse