Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Could you beat Agnieska Radwanska? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=402449)

Lawn Tennis 11-03-2011 04:48 PM

Could you beat Agnieska Radwanska?

Could you best Agnieska Radwanska in a real tennis match?

LeeD 11-03-2011 04:52 PM

I could beat her in surfing and motocross, but if she wasn't allowed to baseline bash, I might at that too.

pvaudio 11-03-2011 05:02 PM

The only people with even a remote chance would be 5.0 men and up and they are a limited breed on here.

kishnabe 11-03-2011 05:07 PM

Maybe my serve may trouble her.....but I rarely go for the lines in my baseline play so I think I would lose easily. Though the weight of a women ball is so easy to handle....that It would be easy to create angles.

Plus the fact I am not primed fit just for tennis....against her I think Fitness is key.

Against a professional retriever....I don't think anyone here stands a chance unless they are college level players!

pvaudio 11-03-2011 05:18 PM

You have no idea what the weight of a "women ball" is until you've at least played against a D1 female.

LeeD 11-03-2011 05:18 PM

I seriously doubt ANYONE on this forum, excluding MofP, TBalla, TonLars, and less than a handful of other's, really knows how hard the weakest hitting girls can really hit. You cannot say anything until you have experienced a softly hit, but DEEP and WELL PLACED ball coming towards your side over and over again. And "softly hit" is only if THEY have to contend with your hard hit deep, well placed ball.
Even the weakest hitting pro man, like retired Santoro, can hit clean winners off almost anything we can throw at him.

OddJack 11-03-2011 05:21 PM

I could beat her in table tennis.

kishnabe 11-03-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvaudio (Post 6096538)
You have no idea what the weight of a "women ball" is until you've at least played against a D1 female.

Ya true!.....Im just assuming! I wasn't assinuating I would beat her. I would win like 1 or 2 points max!

1970CRBase 11-03-2011 05:28 PM

in pretzel eating, but Cake will easily bagel me. ~

LeeD 11-03-2011 05:29 PM

And don't forget, any girl who can make it to any level get's plenty of much better GUYS hitting with them, at them, and to them.
They've faced almost every big serve possible, with the exception of the 140mph stuff, so nothing we can throw at them would bother them, even MofP's serves. Now a well placed MofP serve is another story, but that is beyond most of us.

rdis10093 11-03-2011 05:29 PM

I have played with a couple of DIV 2 girls before, and the would spank me. I would feel happy just to get games. I have also hit with DIV 1 girls before, and they would destroy me. I would feel good just to get points. So no, I am not going to beat a pro.

anyone who says yes is a little vain

LeeD 11-03-2011 05:31 PM

Taking the match seriously, I'd bet on TennisBalla, TonLars, and an inshape MofP, very few others. Obviously LawMan, ClintThompson, but they haven't posted here in years.

TopFH 11-03-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddJack (Post 6096546)
I could beat her in table tennis.

I could too!

I think she would wipe the floor with most of us.

pvaudio 11-03-2011 05:38 PM

Exactly. Until you hit against a girl who was asked to leave not just her state, but her country to come play tennis where you are, you cannot understand what it would be like. This is talking D1 female tennis, which isn't even in the same league as top 50 in the world. As LeeD said, even the best junior girls here in the states end up running out of girls to hit against, so they have to play with the guys. When they start winning those matches, then they step it up and spread further from home. Once you've spread completely across the globe to find competition.....

Timbo's hopeless slice 11-03-2011 05:46 PM

I hit pretty regularly with a local 17 year old who dominates Open tourneys in our state. She has played a couple of futures events and lost in early rounds, and she beats me.

I voted 'no' with massive confidence... I honestly doubt anyone on this forum other than maybe ClintThomson would have any chance at all against a top 20 WTA pro.

Tammo 11-03-2011 05:48 PM

Why start talk ing stragety, just push the ball. :)

DjokovicForTheWin 11-03-2011 06:18 PM

Sorry, but no one should be laying a hand on any woman.

JayChu 11-03-2011 06:31 PM

There is a reason why she is a professional tennis player. There is a reason why she was won 7 tour level titles.

She does this for a living, and sure there is the possibility of getting the points here and there, but to be able to beat her...HELL NO.

Any person on these boards think that they can beat a pro level player is nuts.

T1000 11-03-2011 06:40 PM

I could play her close on a good day but I doubt I'd win unless it was a fast court and I served well. Even then it would be doubtful. The number one at my school is like 800 something on the WTA and I beat her 1-1 so I feel like I could get some games, she'd easily win 9 out of 10 times. Baseline game is really holding me back.

And to those who say I'm delusional, I've hit with pros and top 20 DI players before so I know what a high level is like, I've hit with James Blake, Blake Strode, the number 1 from arizona two years ago (JG) and top juniors, two of which reached top 20 in the nation (one was actually number one in the 16s)

dcdoorknob 11-03-2011 06:41 PM

Radwanska says she could still beat all of us with this racquet.