Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Tennis Channel not playing the Finals live (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=404642)

b.termite 11-27-2011 06:31 AM

Tennis Channel not playing the Finals live

If there's nobody else that has noticed.. tennis channel is choosing to play exhibition matches and fit to hit instead of the finals of the WTF. Live streaming sucks pretty bad, always super glitchy, bad picture quality etc. (And the best streams seem to be broadcasting in Romanian half the time). Is there another channel that will be playing the match live?

nikdom 11-27-2011 06:37 AM

Check out espn2 at 12.30 pm.

Sentinel 11-27-2011 07:04 AM

I have the finals coming live on two channels in India. ESPN and Ten Sports.

SeeingDusk 11-27-2011 07:30 AM

Does anyone know if EuroSport will be playing the finals live? They have been showing hockey, volleyball, and skiing lately.

not_federer 11-27-2011 08:03 AM

Tennis channel is a joke. They probably didn't buy the rights to broadcast live because it would cut into their "Bag Check" budget.

nikdom 11-27-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_federer (Post 6143376)
Tennis channel is a joke. They probably didn't buy the rights to broadcast live because it would cut into their "Bag Check" budget.

They covered every round so far live and on repeat. Probably could not afford the finals. Doesn't make them a joke. If it weren't for them, most tennis fans in the US wouldn't be able to follow anything except the majors.

Great username btw. Nothing says 'dumb*****' better!

corners 11-27-2011 08:22 AM

I've been having really good stream quality with TennisTV all week. 10 bucks a month is petty decent too, but I guess buying now means you pay 10 bucks for one match:(

spiderman123 11-28-2011 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_federer (Post 6143376)

I laughed so hard after reading this. Imagined the whole scene at Tennis Channel meeting :)

"So do we buy the rights for one of the most important matches of the season that could set a record?"

"Well we could... but then next month we can get only two more new players to do bag check. One if they have to tell what is on their iPod."

"ahh... skip WTF Finals then. No brainer there."

slice bh compliment 11-28-2011 06:34 AM

^I'm still laughing about a Bag Check budget, haha. All hastily filmed on the lawn by the practice cts at Indian Wells, hahah.

My kids love 'bag check'...they video eachother with the FLIP doing a bag check:
two sticks, overgrips, Larabar wrapper, empty water bottle, baseball cards, old overgrip, towel, extra shoes, wristbands and hats I never actually wear, coach's notes on a post-it, picture of our dog when she was a puppy.

One Minute Clinic is usually worth a chuckle, too, with the puddly court and the bad production value/lighting/editing. Sorry, everyone's a critic. I do like the Eliot Teltscher and Chris Lewis ones.