Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Federer BLX Prostaff 6.1 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=407127)

Andyroo10567 12-25-2011 03:45 PM

Federer BLX Prostaff 6.1
 
So will Federer use the BLX Prostaff 6.1 90? Sorry if this was already answered but i couldn't find an answer on google.

rrito 12-25-2011 04:08 PM

yes, he will

Andyroo10567 12-25-2011 06:27 PM

Ok thanks :)

Standstill 12-25-2011 06:41 PM

Good job team!

InspectorRacquet 12-25-2011 06:51 PM

To spice the conversation up: "allegedly"

Members here say that his current BLX is just the K Factor version, so we can't actually know if he will really use the new one or just have his old one PJ'd again.

kevoT 12-25-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspectorRacquet (Post 6191495)
To spice the conversation up: "allegedly"

Members here say that his current BLX is just the K Factor version, so we can't actually know if he will really use the new one or just have his old one PJ'd again.

x) And here we go again... :-|

Andyroo10567 12-25-2011 07:08 PM

I was just asking about the PJ. Thanks anyways though.
But isnt he just always using a PJ'ed Prostaff 6.1 Classic or the tour?

Povl Carstensen 12-26-2011 06:09 AM

I think not...

Xizel 12-26-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspectorRacquet (Post 6191495)
To spice the conversation up: "allegedly"

Members here say that his current BLX is just the K Factor version, so we can't actually know if he will really use the new one or just have his old one PJ'd again.

I say he's using the Tour 90, unless Karophite is a marketing term.

Bobby Jr 12-26-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xizel (Post 6192296)
I say he's using the Tour 90, unless Karophite is a marketing term.

He is using the K6.1 tour painted as a BLX 90. Fact.

A thread search on this topic shows the discussions already on this topic.

Povl Carstensen 12-27-2011 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xizel (Post 6192296)
I say he's using the Tour 90, unless Karophite is a marketing term.

Karophite is a marketing term (imo).

TennisLovaLova 12-28-2011 03:06 AM

This is bat country!

Lambsscroll 01-01-2012 04:06 AM

He uses a stiffness of around 65 a weight of around 364 grams and a balance of around 32.2 cm.

Sanavan 01-01-2012 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambsscroll (Post 6201863)
He uses a stiffness of around 65 a weight of around 364 grams and a balance of around 32.2 cm.

It's not around, is EXACTLY this!

SandV 01-03-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanavan (Post 6201869)
It's not around, is EXACTLY this!

Noooo, the K Factor 90 stiffness is 67.

Andyroo10567 01-03-2012 08:26 PM

Hes talking about the weight.

Stringer_Steve 01-03-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevoT (Post 6191496)
x) And here we go again... :-|

Reading these threads is like watching one of those "Finding Bigfoot" shows where the "expert" says, "It's a well known fact that bigfoots..." or "Bigfoots often..." when in reality no one knows for sure.
Unless someone has actually gotten one of Federer's actual frames and destroyed it by dissecting it to analyze the composition, then it's all purely opinion. Weights and balances can be verified by racket techs (I'll give you that).
But so much of the discussion here is purely guessing at best, and wishful thinking at worst. It's like the people who claim they can tell a grip size of someone's racket from a photograph. :roll:

Andyroo10567 01-03-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stringer_Steve (Post 6207082)
Reading these threads is like watching one of those "Finding Bigfoot" shows where the "expert" says, "It's a well known fact that bigfoots..." or "Bigfoots often..." when in reality no one knows for sure.
Unless someone has actually gotten one of Federer's actual frames and destroyed it by dissecting it to analyze the composition, then it's all purely opinion. Weights and balances can be verified by racket techs (I'll give you that).
But so much of the discussion here is purely guessing at best, and wishful thinking at worst. It's like the people who claim they can tell a grip size of someone's racket from a photograph. :roll:

This.... LOL. Like the part where you said they can tell a grip size :D

Bobby Jr 01-03-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stringer_Steve (Post 6207082)
...Unless someone has actually gotten one of Federer's actual frames and destroyed it by dissecting it to analyze the composition, then it's all purely opinion. Weights and balances can be verified by racket techs (I'll give you that).

His actual frames, including close comparison of the moulds with retail versions of the K6.1 tour and BLX - except cutting them open to analyse to compostion - have been done multiple times and discussed, with close-up photos, on this site.

Federer uses a frame which is made in the K6.1 Tour mould. Whether it's different on the inside or not is not known. But the dimensions, weight, balance, swing-weight, grip shape and size are all known.

AlpineCadet 01-03-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stringer_Steve (Post 6207082)
Reading these threads is like watching one of those "Finding Bigfoot" shows where the "expert" says, "It's a well known fact that bigfoots..." or "Bigfoots often..." when in reality no one knows for sure.
Unless someone has actually gotten one of Federer's actual frames and destroyed it by dissecting it to analyze the composition, then it's all purely opinion. Weights and balances can be verified by racket techs (I'll give you that).
But so much of the discussion here is purely guessing at best, and wishful thinking at worst. It's like the people who claim they can tell a grip size of someone's racket from a photograph. :roll:

WHERE IS BREAKPOINT TO RESPOND TO THIS POST!!!!??????:oops::oops::oops:


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse