Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2012 predictions by Justin Gimelstob, doesn't make sense (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=409186)

Nostradamus 01-14-2012 03:04 AM

2012 predictions by Justin Gimelstob, doesn't make sense
 
Justin predicted on tennis channel that Andy Murray will win one slam, Rafa will win one slam, Federer will reach #1 again and also win 1 slam, and Novak will win just 1 slam. Last few years, ATP has been dominated by one man and this kind of even distribution of majors hasn't happened on a while. I am not sure what he is basing his predictions on.

Clay lover 01-14-2012 05:00 AM

I would love to see that happen but Federer ain't going back to no.1.

Nostradamus 01-14-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay lover (Post 6228834)
I would love to see that happen but Federer ain't going back to no.1.

If he somehow manages to win wimbledon and few 1000 events, you never know.:)

Sentinel 01-14-2012 06:12 AM

I don't mind his prediction.

Tony48 01-14-2012 06:20 AM

Justin Gimelstob: setting the benchmark for failure.

Sentinel 01-14-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 6228754)
Justin predicted on tennis channel that Andy Murray will win one slam, Rafa will win one slam, Federer will reach #1 again and also win 1 slam, and Novak will win just 1 slam. Last few years, ATP has been dominated by one man and this kind of even distribution of majors hasn't happened on a while. I am not sure what he is basing his predictions on.

Murray has Lendl, so he gets one slam

Rafa will win clay, its the safest bet. One there.

Joker is the best so he deserves two. But just in case Fred beats him, or he gets injured, or doesn't reach 2.0 level, lets play safe and give him one too.

Yeah, even I don't know what he was smokin'.

nethawkwenatchee 01-14-2012 06:40 AM

It's hard to imagine the other guys being dominated again this year by Nole. I could definately see Murray or Federer winning at least one each this year and Nadal retainning the French Open (he's only ever lost one match there after all). Really it's all guessing game at this this point but probability is against Nole Dominating or Federer getting number one back at this point.

Mike Sams 01-14-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nethawkwenatchee (Post 6228987)
It's hard to imagine the other guys being dominated again this year by Nole. I could definately see Murray or Federer winning at least one each this year and Nadal retainning the French Open (he's only ever lost one match there after all). Really it's all guessing game at this this point but probability is against Nole Dominating or Federer getting number one back at this point.

Can't see Federer getting much of anything this year. Did you notice how his game went south after such a great performance against Davydenko the previous day in Doha? Federer's top form apparently dips so quickly out of the blue.

Nostradamus 01-14-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Sams (Post 6229108)
Can't see Federer getting much of anything this year. Did you notice how his game went south after such a great performance against Davydenko the previous day in Doha? Federer's top form apparently dips so quickly out of the blue.

If Federer is hot coming into wimbledon then he is still the favorite, even in his twighlight years. he will still have the advantage against Joker, and murray. only question mark is Nadal.

Mick 01-14-2012 08:21 AM

who's going to win the gold medal at the olympics? :-)

Feņa14 01-14-2012 08:25 AM

Nadal to win the French and Wimbledon, Djokovic to win the US Open. As for the Australian? That one is always hard to predict. Those seem the most likely to me at the moment.

Sentinel 01-14-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Sams (Post 6229108)
Can't see Federer getting much of anything this year. Did you notice how his game went south after such a great performance against Davydenko the previous day in Doha? Federer's top form apparently dips so quickly out of the blue.

I didn;t see the match against Kolya but isn;t he deader than a coffin nail ? Don't see Fred getting much either, its between Joker and Nadal.

Andy might sneak in one if they falter.

stormholloway 01-14-2012 10:02 AM

I think Murray wins the Aussie. Nadal the French. Federer wins Wimbledon. US Open, dunno, maybe Fed again.

Mike Sams 01-14-2012 12:48 PM

I think Djokovic takes AO and the French. Federer takes Wimbledon and Nadal takes the U.S Open.:)

TennisFan3 01-14-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Sams (Post 6229516)
I think Djokovic takes AO and the French. Federer takes Wimbledon and Nadal takes the U.S Open.:)

LOL LOL LOL

Mike Sams 01-14-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisFan3 (Post 6229634)
LOL LOL LOL

2011 prediction: I think Djokovic wins 3 out of 4 Slams.

TW community: LOL LOL LOL ;)

Shaolin 01-14-2012 03:24 PM

Lendurray or Djokovic wins AO
Djokovic or Nadal wins FO
Fed wins Wimb & Olympics
Djokovic wins USO

stringertom 01-14-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 6228754)
Justin predicted on tennis channel that Andy Murray will win one slam, Rafa will win one slam, Federer will reach #1 again and also win 1 slam, and Novak will win just 1 slam. Last few years, ATP has been dominated by one man and this kind of even distribution of majors hasn't happened on a while. I am not sure what he is basing his predictions on.

I'm not gonna do the math but it seems to me Fed needs at least two majors and a Djokdal meltdown at the majors and a couple of MS1000 events to vault over both of them. One major, particularly if at RG, won't bump him enough unless he ran the table at the 1000 level. That will not happen as they are not his priority one. Getting back to #1 would be a byproduct of what he's geared up for...Project 17 and beyond. DC and London'12 wins are a higher priority than #1.

TennisFan3 01-14-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Sams (Post 6229661)
2011 prediction: I think Djokovic wins 3 out of 4 Slams.

TW community: LOL LOL LOL ;)

FWIW, my predictions for 2012 are Djoko winning AO, F.O and UsOpen.

Wimbledon will be won by Murray or someone else. However not Fedal.

Fed and Nadal will both go slamless.

Clarky21 01-14-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisFan3 (Post 6229999)
FWIW, my predictions for 2012 are Djoko winning AO, F.O and UsOpen.

Wimbledon will be won by Murray or someone else. However not Fedal.

Fed and Nadal will both go slamless.


Yep to the bolded.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse