Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Talk Tennis Updates (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Extremely irritating board bug, please advise (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=409894)

not_federer 01-19-2012 05:27 PM

Extremely irritating board bug, please advise

I'm not sure if this is the right board for my problem but here goes.

Every time I try to log in and reply I encounter heavy resistance. Here's what happens:

1 - Hit reply
2 - enter "not_federer"
3 - type password, hit enter
4 - read the message "Thank you for logging in, not_federer!"
5 - then it takes me back to the login page.

EVERY
SINGLE
TIME!

Why?

It's finicky and not entirely consistent. For example, I'm writing this post without any resistance. Also, if I go into a thread and hit the reply button on the top left of the thread, as opposed to as the bottom, it works - but only after logging in several times. The whole thing is madness and makes no sense.

Is this a bug? Am I doing it wrong? Is it my account settings, am in being punished, what? I'm really curious.

Bartelby 01-19-2012 05:28 PM

Yes, it does do this.

Tick the box in the log in about remembering you and it can be avoided.

JoelDali 01-20-2012 06:07 PM

Hit the refresh button when you get kicked to the next login prompt AFTER typing in your credentials.

If on a home PC use Firefox which caches creds nicely.

hcb0804 01-21-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_federer (Post 6245355)
I'm not sure if this is the right board for my problem but here goes.

Every time I try to log in and reply I encounter heavy resistance. Here's what happens:

1 - Hit reply
2 - enter "not_federer"
3 - type password, hit enter
4 - read the message "Thank you for logging in, not_federer!"
5 - then it takes me back to the login page.

EVERY
SINGLE
TIME!

Why?

It's finicky and not entirely consistent. For example, I'm writing this post without any resistance. Also, if I go into a thread and hit the reply button on the top left of the thread, as opposed to as the bottom, it works - but only after logging in several times. The whole thing is madness and makes no sense.

Is this a bug? Am I doing it wrong? Is it my account settings, am in being punished, what? I'm really curious.

It does this to me too and really p****s me off.
How about a fix TW?

VaththalKuzhambu 01-21-2012 06:21 PM

This happens to me EVERY time I login.

And I spent quite some time trying to fix my Firefox and Chrome while the bug was with TalkTennis.

Grrrrr.

gunnd5000 01-22-2012 08:07 AM

This does my head in!

julian 01-23-2012 11:01 AM

TW spot to complain

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcb0804 (Post 6251710)
It does this to me too and really p****s me off.
How about a fix TW?

Please complain at
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=410398

EclipseRydr97 01-23-2012 06:22 PM

yeah it does it to me too, as was suggested, after i enter my password and hit enter, asks me for login info and i just hit refresh again and viola, kind of annoying but what can you do until there's a fix

WhiskeyEE 05-06-2012 07:46 PM

Can you please fix this? This has been going on for years and I can't understand why it hasn't been addressed. It doesn't happen on any other forum I've been to.

syke 05-07-2012 08:08 AM

Nothing beats the darn tapatalk pop up every time you go to a new page on the iPhone. It stinks, please remove it!

It was much better before. Tapatalk is a POS app

cghipp 05-07-2012 06:20 PM

I have this problem, too. (Yes, even if I check "remember me.") I sometimes see it on another board that uses the same software.

Anyway, here's a temporary, if unsatisfying fix: After you log in using hte login box at the top of the page, and it takes you to the board page that clearly does NOT show you as logged in, click on one of the board sections anyway (such as "Talk Tennis Updates). After you do that, you'll see that you ARE logged in - your "User CP" page is available.

I don't know why, but that first "landing page" will not show you as logged in even if you are, and navigating to another area of the board immediately after that fixes the problem for me.

Pacific lefty 05-09-2012 12:51 AM

Happens to me all the time...

cluckcluck 06-03-2012 10:34 AM

Yep me too. I call it the 'infinite loop of login death'

Sentinel 06-03-2012 10:40 AM

1. Use the login textbox that comes on top right, not the box that comes in the center of the page.

2. Click on Keep me logged in/ remember me.

BeHappy 06-03-2012 11:38 AM

It seems to be getting worse.

jaggy 06-03-2012 12:51 PM

It only happens to me at work but does happen every time

PrinceMoron 06-04-2012 08:18 AM

Why not try the French Open Ap. and then you realise the TWH forum is brilliant?

Even has match terminated instead of completed matches. So you think it has been rained off.

Crashes all the time and there is a stuuuuuuuupid link to the shop eveeeeeeeery time you open the ap. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!

Swissv2 06-04-2012 08:30 AM

This happens to me too, but I have found a simple temporary solution.
  1. Login
  2. Press Refresh button

It will log you in properly after that. Unfortunately, you have to do this process each time you visit the website.

Surecatch 07-27-2012 11:03 AM

Very glad to see this covered here......I logged in for the first time in several years and it's happened repeatedly as I've tried to reply to other posts.

Weird and aggravating, but not enough so to keep me away. I love it here....the wealth of knowledge is amazing and it feeds my tennis obsession, so it all gooood.

:)

Raul_SJ 12-22-2012 12:40 AM

This needs to be fixed.

Users should not need to workaround this bug.

It needs to be fixed.