Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Is Novak the most perfect player (Open Era)? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=411418)

jackson vile 01-29-2012 11:41 AM

Is Novak the most perfect player (Open Era)?

Simply amazing tennis today, and Novak has shown that he can indeed continue his winning from last years season. I have to wonder if Novak has any weaknesses and could he be the most perfect player in existence today?

djokovic2008 01-29-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson vile (Post 6290444)
Simply amazing tennis today, and Novak has shown that he can indeed continue his winning from last years season. I have to wonder if Novak has any weaknesses and could he be the most perfect player in existence today?

In terms of modern day type player he has no weakness.

West Coast Ace 01-29-2012 11:56 AM

The trolling is strong. @Jackson Vile should be tested for TEDs - Trolling Enhancement Drugs.

Net game has long way to go. Still doesn't get in the right position and misses quite a few make-able volleys.

ARIARAIDEN 01-29-2012 12:08 PM

If Monfils would not be clowning around then he would be the "perfect" tennis player.

Gonzalito17 01-29-2012 12:25 PM

Djokovic has taken tennis to a new higher level, he is the superior player to both Rafa and Fed. There is no doubt about it.

sargeinaz 01-29-2012 12:36 PM

Would the perfect player take almost 6 hours to beat someone?

jackson vile 01-29-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzalito17 (Post 6290600)
Djokovic has taken tennis to a new higher level, he is the superior player to both Rafa and Fed. There is no doubt about it.

I believe that this could be correct. He certainly has a good net game and an amazing backhand, serve, forehand, return, mental strength ect.

NamRanger 01-29-2012 01:27 PM

I don't think he is the most complete player, but he is definitely one of the few players most willing to change and improve his game, unlike Federer and Nadal.

NadalAgassi 01-29-2012 01:30 PM

The most complete player in the Open Era (not best all surface but most complete game) is Pete Sampras.

jackson vile 01-29-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalAgassi (Post 6290808)
The most complete player in the Open Era (not best all surface but most complete game) is Pete Sampras.

Yes, you maybe correct on that one. However, to keep things on topic I am solely talking about weaknesses that players can take advantage of, ie holes in your game that cause you to lose.

I just don't see that in Novak's game and he is competing against two of the best players to exist in the Open Era!

NamRanger 01-29-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson vile (Post 6290820)
Yes, you maybe correct on that one. However, to keep things on topic I am solely talking about weaknesses that players can take advantage of, ie holes in your game that cause you to lose.

I just don't see that in Novak's game and he is competing against two of the best players to exist in the Open Era!

Novak's forehand is where you can exploit him in crosscourt exchanges, which Federer has had some success. This is how he beat Novak at the FO; he was able to stretch Novak wide and wasn't afraid to go to his forehand in crosscourt exchanges.

DjokovicForTheWin 01-29-2012 01:37 PM

Most complete players of the open era:
1) Federer
2) Sampras
3) Djokovic
4) Agassi
5) Nadal

NadalAgassi 01-29-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson vile (Post 6290820)

His game is perfect for the way tennis has gone. He is equally outstanding off backhand and forehand drives, very powerful, consistent, accurate, and ability to control and do virtually anything with either. He now has a very good serve and return combo, outstanding return, and serve that is a weapon again. He is equally good at offense and defense, and adapt at turning defense into offense. He now is one of the fittest players in recent years after it being a liability previously, and one of the mentally fittest as well which was also iffy before. So for the modern game his game is pretty much impossible to attack. The things he isnt so strong at, transition game to the net, volleying, finesse shots, slices, arent even that effective or neccessary anymore, so really dont hurt him hardly ever.

NadalAgassi 01-29-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NamRanger (Post 6290825)
Novak's forehand is where you can exploit him in crosscourt exchanges, which Federer has had some success. This is how he beat Novak at the FO; he was able to stretch Novak wide and wasn't afraid to go to his forehand in crosscourt exchanges.

True that is a good point. However he isnt able to do this in most of their matches so it obviously isnt easy to do.

Russeljones 01-29-2012 01:38 PM

If Open Era means slowest surfaces/balls in history then yes. It plays perfectly into his hands.

Xizel 01-29-2012 01:40 PM

The most perfect is Federer. Has anything and everything.

hawk eye 01-29-2012 01:42 PM

After Sampras, who indeed was the most complete player of the last 40 years, Djokovic is the most complete. His volleying is at least adequate, he just doesn't approach the net a lot but he knows when to do that and in those cases he puts the ball away.

jm1980 01-29-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xizel (Post 6290842)
The most perfect is Federer. Has anything and everything.

Except a backhand and ROS like Djoker's.

FlashFlare11 01-29-2012 02:24 PM

Novak definitely is the most dominant player on tour right now, and it would seem that he has no weaknesses.

However, to say he is the most perfect is a bit too far. People called Federer perfect and it also seemed as though he had no weaknesses, until one man came and exploited it. To this day, Nadal is still the only player who can take advantage of Federer's lone weakness.

So, it may seem that right now, Djokovic is peerless. But I'm sure someone down the road will have his number.

jackson vile 01-29-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlashFlare11 (Post 6290961)
Novak definitely is the most dominant player on tour right now, and it would seem that he has no weaknesses.

However, to say he is the most perfect is a bit too far. People called Federer perfect and it also seemed as though he had no weaknesses, until one man came and exploited it. To this day, Nadal is still the only player who can take advantage of Federer's lone weakness.

So, it may seem that right now, Djokovic is peerless. But I'm sure someone down the road will have his number.

Federer does not have a lone weakness. He also is weaker mentally compared to other players. IMO that is how Novak has consistently defeated Federer.