Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   SoFla Draws for 12s-14s very small how's your area doing (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=412457)

seminoleG 02-06-2012 05:09 AM

SoFla Draws for 12s-14s very small how's your area doing

Week after Week I keep expecting them to get bigger but seems like Economic presure is making choices that don't include USTA Tournament tennis. I look at the same events a year ago and this years participation is less than 50%

Your region better? (Compared to last year)

DB_Cooper 02-06-2012 06:33 AM

It is pretty ironic to see the entry fee go up and the draw size reduced. Usta soon will realize the reason USA has a thin future. This example is really the catalyst for dwindling warriors. The extra fee only takes away gas and equipment funds. I do not think the powers really understand how expensive it is when daddy lost his job, mom can't help and they are doing everything they can to keep Tommy and Tammy happy. Something will give. In this case, Participants!!

seminoleG 02-06-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DB_Cooper (Post 6308432)
It is pretty ironic to see the entry fee go up and the draw size reduced. Usta soon will realize the reason USA has a thin future. This example is really the catalyst for dwindling warriors. The extra fee only takes away gas and equipment funds. I do not think the powers really understand how expensive it is when daddy lost his job, mom can't help and they are doing everything they can to keep Tommy and Tammy happy. Something will give. In this case, Participants!!

Additional point I have been getting a lot of emails from TD's. In the past I hardly ever received them. So I called one and asked about the direct emailing and was told the numbers are low so they are making direct contact based on email list they had from past events.

DB_Cooper 02-06-2012 10:15 AM

From my exp. reg 6 had a great feeder from all the local training avenues. Would some of the lower numbers be from the local academy dwindlings? They like to hype that business is good butů well I'll just say they have alot of pride and only see how they financial are. Chrissy Evert will nvr be broke. Which means baby brother Johnny won't be eithor. Macci @ 300$hr isn't going broke eithor. Tarik, Saviono and all of them up and down make good coin. It's tourism at its best. But, they aren't producing anything else. I do think academy's played a major function in Reg. 6. Any other ideas on why? I bet if you track players from 2 yrs ago in the Fl tourn. You might find them all ovr the place in last wks tourn. Hince the academy kids went back home. Reg 6 had a large number of transients in jr tennis. The wealthier can easily have Florida address with the grandparents and different vacation condos. Can we say foreclosure might have a little impact. Lose the condo before the mansion!! It also took two yrs longer for the real recession to hit Boca and Broward. On the average they could hold their breath a little longer when watching the funds

Number1Coach 02-06-2012 10:39 AM

Instead of tennis clinics they should start playing some Jr. Matches on tv of top match-up, up-coming players, inside some of the top juniors lives ect. I allready suggested this to the head of player developement let's see what he does with the thought .