Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Hostile players (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=413970)

Clemson_tennis 02-18-2012 04:44 PM

Hostile players

Who are some hostile players ic college tennis? Players who just love fights with their opponents. Maybe they need that to get motivated or some other reason?

Clemson_tennis 02-18-2012 06:03 PM

I rememebr Carlos Alvarez of Clemson used to get into disputes and fights with nearly every player he played against.

ClarkC 02-18-2012 07:57 PM

You should have seen the Kentucky - Ohio State match today. Those two teams really hate each other. Forget sportsmanship. Screaming and chest pumping while staring across the net at the opponent after EVERY point won, and I am not exaggerating; even after a double fault. Eric Quigley and Chase Buchanan declined to join in this display, and the #6 match was not too bad, but the other four matches were really nasty.

The Wreck 02-18-2012 07:59 PM

I don't know about hostile, but I always get the feeling most people don't like Ignacio Taboada...not sure why really...

Automator 02-18-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkC (Post 6335451)
You should have seen the Kentucky - Ohio State match today. Those two teams really hate each other. Forget sportsmanship. Screaming and chest pumping while staring across the net at the opponent after EVERY point won, and I am not exaggerating; even after a double fault. Eric Quigley and Chase Buchanan declined to join in this display, and the #6 match was not too bad, but the other four matches were really nasty.

Jomby has always been a yeller. It's weird watching a UK match and not being on his court, because he'll let out a scream of triumph, and you'll think "Oh, he just got a break or won a set." Then you look over, and he's serving at 30-15 or something.

Clemson_tennis 02-18-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wreck (Post 6335458)
I don't know about hostile, but I always get the feeling most people don't like Ignacio Taboada...not sure why really...

Yes, I know some Clemson players dont tlike him. Other teams too.

mikej 02-18-2012 08:18 PM

somewhat relevant to this thread:

per the UGA blogger today, KU Singh has taken to yelling "break on three!!!!" whenever he breaks serve nowadays, in reference to his position in the lineup

i hope someone kicks his ***, in tennis or otherwise, for that display

Clemson_tennis 02-18-2012 08:21 PM

Cedric Willems has a bright future in this thread. He has already gotten into some spats with umpires and opponents in his very short Clemson career. Very hostile with Rodney carey today from Wisky. Carey was as well. Bad blooded match

jaggy 02-19-2012 02:28 PM

I think their are boundaries you dont cross, when non-playing team members on the sideline start screaming when someone misses or the balls in the air before a serve I get really turned off.

Clemson_tennis 02-20-2012 05:46 AM

Apparently Cueto was overruled at 5-5 in his tiebreak vs Thompson to lose the match. Im sick of seeing that. Players need to stop trying to buy cheap line calls when the match gets tight. Play your game.

Dawgie Dawg 02-20-2012 06:10 PM

Rhyne Williams was the worst in the NCAA

woodrow1029 02-20-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikej (Post 6335478)
somewhat relevant to this thread:

per the UGA blogger today, KU Singh has taken to yelling "break on three!!!!" whenever he breaks serve nowadays, in reference to his position in the lineup

i hope someone kicks his ***, in tennis or otherwise, for that display

Actually a lot of teams are doing that now. But it seems like it's not the top teams. At the Kick Off weekend was the funniest example I've seen. Boise state vs Santa Clara. Both teams are the Broncos. All match long we kept hearing Break On 3 Broncos, and nobody knew unless they were watching which team was yelling.

woodrow1029 02-20-2012 06:16 PM

Matt Emery and Jesse Witten were both really hostile when playing for Kentucky.

atatu 02-20-2012 07:20 PM

Baylor...pick your player.

clintontiger 02-22-2012 07:16 PM

Clemson tennis: Just curious what are you tired of, the fact that the umpire overruled or the fact that the player was trying to win the game by calling a bullcrap out call. Just wondering

woodrow1029 02-22-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clintontiger (Post 6344055)
Clemson tennis: Just curious what are you tired of, the fact that the umpire overruled or the fact that the player was trying to win the game by calling a bullcrap out call. Just wondering

He's tired of the players making dumb calls.

Btw I got your email and will respond tomorrow. :-)

ark_28 02-23-2012 02:38 AM

He's a coach now but a few years back I saw Phil Stolt play he had a nice game anyone remember him and what was he like?

clintontiger 02-23-2012 09:14 AM

thanks Woodrow

Gr8Tennis 02-23-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgie Dawg (Post 6339275)
Rhyne Williams was the worst in the NCAA

Never thought I'd be saying this Dawgie Dawg, but I have to agree with you here. And now in the pros he might be even worse.

Dawgie Dawg 02-28-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr8Tennis (Post 6346150)
Never thought I'd be saying this Dawgie Dawg, but I have to agree with you here. And now in the pros he might be even worse.

something about that Tennessee Aussie coach. I hear the new Tennessee guys are just as big of jerks.