Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Tips/Instruction (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Jeff Salzenstein Total Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=414435)

Federerkblade 02-22-2012 08:34 AM

Jeff Salzenstein Total Tennis

Just to confirm I am not affiliated with Jeff nor on a referral programme. Just an avid tennis lover

However what are your thoughts on Jeff Salzenstein and his new instruction programme

http://jeffsalzensteintennis.com/T3I...le/sp1-launch/

Do ppl think hes value for money.

Interesting proposition monthly

onehandbh 02-22-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Federerkblade (Post 6342741)
Just to confirm I am not affiliated with Jeff nor on a referral programme. Just an avid tennis lover

However what are your thoughts on Jeff Salzenstein and his new instruction programme

http://jeffsalzensteintennis.com/T3I...le/sp1-launch/
Do ppl think hes value for money.
Interesting proposition monthly

It's impossible to tell from his website. He has a 10 minute
video with just him talking about how awesome his training is and that you
just have to sign up. Sure he played on the ATP, but I have no idea
what his teachings will be like b/c he offers *NO* samples or much
insight to his approach, etc. He spends 10 minutes trying to pitch people to
join his INNER CIRCLE, but what will you actually be getting?
No idea. Just that he wants people to pay $9.95 a month.

Larrysümmers 02-22-2012 09:25 AM

just another former pro tryin to make a buck. i personaly wouldnt pay because there is already a ton of stuff on the internet for free.

tennismonkey 02-22-2012 09:29 AM

i'd be more inclined if he had at least a demonstration of what you get. a sample video or something.

Rusty669 02-22-2012 09:39 AM

I totally lost faith in the guy when he tried explaing the kick serve motion by comparing it to holding a dirty diaper....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3tqxsS42Dg

To me it seems as though he is trying too hard. I wouldn't recommend it.

Federerkblade 02-22-2012 10:19 AM

one things for sure he is very passionate, and 9 dollors with a cancellation fee is not bad, with a 30 days cancellation fee.

former pro just gives bit more credibility

just some pros against the negatives so far

onehandbh 02-22-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty669 (Post 6342866)
I totally lost faith in the guy when he tried explaing the kick serve motion by comparing it to holding a dirty diaper....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3tqxsS42Dg

Seems like a good drill, though.

BU-Tennis 02-22-2012 11:04 AM

He has several short videos out there on sites such as YouTube and I find them to be very beneficial and helpful. I am a self-taught tennis player who for the first several years only had myself and the internet, plus a dad who knew nothing about tennis but overall was a good sports player. If I was just starting out I would certainly shell out 9 dollars for a month and soak up as much information as possible.

Cheetah 02-22-2012 11:26 AM

You can get a good idea what he's about by searching on youtube. He has a lot of videos on there. Also there is one of his students who has a blog where he posts videos of his lessons with Jeff on it. He posted that site in a thread here about 2 weeks ago.

Yea there's a lot of free stuff on the internet but I don't see too many instructional videos on the internet that are given by an actual pro who was on the tour and beat Michael Chang.

forthegame 02-22-2012 02:03 PM

(Never mind, couldn't find the post about a TTWer who had lessons.)

ProPlayer 02-22-2012 02:10 PM

Salzenstein has been trying to get his own thing going for years, every year its some new "training program!" but he has yet to bring any players to tour. I think he thinks a little too highly of him self.

5263 02-22-2012 02:45 PM

Most of Jeff's stuff is very good and worth way more than the $10 if you use it.
If you don't, it's not worth anything.
He is legit and way better instructor than most.

Cheetah 02-22-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProPlayer (Post 6343486)
Salzenstein has been trying to get his own thing going for years, every year its some new "training program!" but he has yet to bring any players to tour. I think he thinks a little too highly of him self.

So you're saying a coach isn't good unless he 'brings a player to tour'? He has one vid where he's training a wta player. He was a pro and has played in grand slams. I'm sure he's had world class training for over half his life if not more. Even if he was a horrible teacher he still has world class knowledge and experience a student can draw from.

TonLars 02-22-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forthegame (Post 6343471)
(Never mind, couldn't find the post about a TTWer who had lessons.)

Yeah one guy recommended Jeff to me a while back on here. As it turned out, a few weeks later he came to my home club for the division USPTA convention. I was able to meet him, and during one of his presentations he used me for about 10 minutes and gave me some quick feedback on the serve. Everything was very applicable and made sense. Some of it wasnt new of course, but he did pick up on a couple things that were.

Overall he definitely has my recommendation, even without seeing much of his online stuff. Obviously this first comes from him being a former elite player, but also seems like a very smart and easy to understand coach. He coaches in a style that is very similar to what I try to do.

Federerkblade 02-23-2012 12:24 AM

good recommendation Tonlars

peoplespeace 02-24-2012 04:39 AM

I subscribe to his youtube channel and am always happy when there is a new one......

Federerkblade 02-24-2012 06:55 AM

Fantastic we should have the the Salzenstein weigh in soon on this debate

eidolonshinobi 02-24-2012 08:43 AM

The guy definitely knows his stuff, I'm a pre-physical therapy student and his off court exercises are definitely on point in terms of injury prevention and effectiveness.

forthegame 02-24-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonLars (Post 6343685)
Yeah one guy recommended Jeff to me a while back on here. As it turned out, a few weeks later he came to my home club for the division USPTA convention. I was able to meet him, and during one of his presentations he used me for about 10 minutes and gave me some quick feedback on the serve. Everything was very applicable and made sense. Some of it wasnt new of course, but he did pick up on a couple things that were.

Overall he definitely has my recommendation, even without seeing much of his online stuff. Obviously this first comes from him being a former elite player, but also seems like a very smart and easy to understand coach. He coaches in a style that is very similar to what I try to do.

Thanks Tony.

I couldn't find your post so edited mine as I didn't want to misrepresent you!

Seen a video or two of Jeff, briefly, and it looked good.

equinox 02-24-2012 10:16 AM

Didn't this guy have article column in a major tennis magazine at one stage?

Afaik he's legit.