Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   dunlop biomimetic 300 tour club (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=415490)

tom4ny 03-02-2012 07:08 AM

dunlop biomimetic 300 tour club

after play testing the dunlop bio 300t for four months i am fully committing to this beautiful frame. it is very precise and with some lead tape in the upper hoop running from 11:00-1:00, it is very solid off of both wings for me. the power level and control are perfect for my 4.5 aggressive all court game. my reference string is isopeed control and i have it strung in the bio 300t at 55/52. i can play for hours and this set up is very comfortable. am testing tf x-one biphase and kirshbaum proline II also at 55/52. i like a 17g in this frame.

in looking to upgrade from my kneissl red star i was looking for the same kind of control but a little less power and more solid. i tried the yt radical, wilson blade blx, solinco pro 8, technifibre tfight 305, volkl pb 9 and x10-295, the regular dunlop bio 300, and the prince rebel 98. all nice frames with +/-. i kept coming back to this frame because overall i play best with it and it has the right feel for me. my coach is sponsored by prince and pushing the rebel 98. it comes in a close second then i like the technifibre tfight 305 and volkl pb9.

i plan to play with the dunlop bio 300 tour for a number of years. cased closed and happy :)

RNBABOLAT 03-02-2012 03:45 PM

Im in, love the frame and is in stock form and in the 5.0 I play is always really control oriented even better than my pure storm at 62 lbs and in the bio I play at 56 in the mains and 58 in the crosses love the frame and be my racquet unti I find something better but will be really hard

tom4ny 03-05-2012 05:15 AM

welcome to the club! i certainly could play with it in stock form and it would be fine. it was when i was playing defensively or returning hard serves/shots that i wanted a little more 'oomph' at the upper 3rd of the string bed. it is stable without the lead but i get a bit more power off the top of the frame now if i need it. pnuemated1 (on these boards) suggested lead running the top of the hoop which accomplished what i was looking for without impacting it's whippiness.

i tried all of the control oriented frames out there over the past year or 2 and kept coming back to the dunlop bio 300t because it just overall did everything a little better for me and i love the firm but soft feel. in my opinion it is the best light weight player's frame out there right now.

tom4ny 03-09-2012 11:08 AM

currently trying out kirshbaum pro line II 17g and really love the performance and how well i played last night. next up is prince premier attack which i am excited to try in this frame as well as isospeed professional classic.

i love the angles that i can get with the dunlop bio 300t. cross court and inside out is just dynamite.

currently staying at 55/52 which is working well but have replaced the gecko grip with head hydrosorb synthetic. 3 grams of lead across the top of the hoop from 11:00-1:00 and i am all set here. i am now hooked on this frame and lovin it :)

westpac690 03-09-2012 03:53 PM

Oh heck yeah I'm in! I renounce my membership card to the Pure Drive club! I made the switch about 4 months ago. My 300T came in at 11.7 oz's and loved it. No mods needed.
Babolat VS strung at 58 lbs, and I am finally in tennis Nirvana after a 2.5 year search. It's a control racquet, but man does it feel effortless from all areas of the court.

ZeroSkid 03-09-2012 04:41 PM

Great frame but lacks stability, plow-through and power. Of course that can be fixed with lead tape. In fact my vantage 95 is quite similar but it is pretty much better in every category.

tom4ny 03-12-2012 04:52 AM

we can agree to disagree but this frame is solid and stable and the power level is low/medium which is where i prefer it to be. it is a lighter weight players frame. the balance is pretty head light in stock form given the weight and therefore if you are returning a hard serve or passing shot and strike the ball near the top of the frame and off center you could get some twisting but no wobble in this frame. a little lead tape in the upper hoop solves this.

welcome to the club westpac690! :)

westpac690 03-12-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom4ny (Post 6384691)
we can agree to disagree but this frame is solid and stable and the power level is low/medium which is where i prefer it to be. it is a lighter weight players frame. the balance is pretty head light in stock form given the weight and therefore if you are returning a hard serve or passing shot and strike the ball near the top of the frame and off center you could get some twisting but no wobble in this frame. a little lead tape in the upper hoop solves this.

welcome to the club westpac690! :)

Well I can certainly agree with this! :)
I can see how someone who has used nothing but thicker framed or Pure Drive type racquets would say it's not as stable or powerful. But to each his own. My one handed backhand and slice hasn't looked this good or has been as big a weapon as it is since I switched, in forever.

tom4ny 03-13-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westpac690 (Post 6386231)
Well I can certainly agree with this! :)
I can see how someone who has used nothing but thicker framed or Pure Drive type racquets would say it's not as stable or powerful. But to each his own. My one handed backhand and slice hasn't looked this good or has been as big a weapon as it is since I switched, in forever.

awesome! my backhand also improved with my switch to the bio 300t and all around my game is better. and serves are huge with this frame!! as noted in the other thread they are now coming out with the bio max 200 and people are very excited. i know that i will have to try that frame out but will stick with the this stick because it compliments my game style so perfectly.

i also agree with you that apples to oranges comparisons are not legitimate whether it's a pure drive or a vantage tweener.

silver and red is where it's at for those that have the game to bring it :cool:

Automatix 03-13-2012 09:28 AM

I loved my Red Stars but I never could get my BH to cooperate with them.

Also the Red Stars were really picky when it came to strings. They played absolutely marvelous with a 1,10mm kevlar-nylon composite (Toalson Ultimate 110 Power) string but the power was a bit too much to handle sometimes. I strung them as high as 27,5kp.

I've strung my 300 Tours with the very same string but at 24kps... we'll see how it goes.

tom4ny 03-13-2012 11:05 AM

i was pretty dialed in with isospeed control in my red stars but my game has improved now that i am fully switched to the bio 300t. i am currently trying different strings included meltzer's setup with the old isospeed professional but so far i really like the kirschbaum pro line II. will see about longevity. i had 16g in my kneissl's but like 17g better in the bio 300t. i also dropped tension from 56/53 in the red stars to 55/52 in the dunlops. all is good, just fine tuning from here but i think i prefer a copoly in the dunlop and it is fine on my arm.

Automatix 03-13-2012 11:15 AM

I'd love to try that Kneissl Poly Tech string which was the factory string for the Red Stars in 2007.

It was a co-poly but was soft, with great control and touch. Unfortunately even then it was unattainable.

tom4ny 03-13-2012 12:17 PM

kneissl had some decent strings and i still like their frames. now that they have a bankruptcy plan maybe we will start to see some production again but for now all is still quiet.

westpac690 03-13-2012 01:59 PM

I tried it with a few different synthetics, but decided to go with natural gut. It seems to me the 300T was almost made for it, and really just enhanced all the positive aspects of the racquet. Definitely worth a try even if you've never dabbled much with natural gut.
I have mine strung with Babolat VS 17G at 58 lbs.

Dave M 03-13-2012 02:51 PM

How do you all find this racquet on your elbows (those of you who've had issues in the past?)
Thanks

westpac690 03-13-2012 03:39 PM

I never had any elbow issues, but I was starting to get a "tickle" in my shoulder with my Pure Drive Roddick before I switched. Especially if I was playing fairly often.
Since I made the switch, I haven't had any issues with any sort of shoulder joint soreness or aches.

tom4ny 03-14-2012 02:39 AM

this frame feels soft and i can play for hours even with a copoly and have no elbow or shoulder pain. i used to feel my red stars so stayed with a soft multi in that frame.

vs gut 17 would be awesome in this stick. it might be a bit more powerful than i want but supreme comfort for sure. i may add it to my lineup of string selections though i did find technifibre -1 biphase 17 too lively for my liking but the vs gut would be crisper so i dunno. i could even see going with a hybrid setup in this frame and i usually go with a full bed of a soft/arm friendly multi.

Automatix 03-14-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatix (Post 6387898)
I've strung my 300 Tours with the very same string but at 24kps... we'll see how it goes.

Dang! Too soft and mushy on the serve.

But what cushion and softness! Volleying was a dream.

Ohhh well, either I get dialed in on the serve or I'll try some co-poly...
I am interested in the Signum Pro Firestorm.

tom4ny 03-14-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatix (Post 6390738)
Dang! Too soft and mushy on the serve.

But what cushion and softness! Volleying was a dream.

Ohhh well, either I get dialed in on the serve or I'll try some co-poly...
I am interested in the Signum Pro Firestorm.

i found isospeed control (the new version) to be a very soft and comfortable string and loved it in my red stars but it too felt 'mushy' to me in my dunlop bio 300t. i prefer a crisper string in this frame and can handle it because it is so arm friendly. tomorrow night i will be trying the next prince attack 17 and i am excited to see how this combination works out! Le us know how the signum pro works out for you?

Automatix 03-14-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom4ny (Post 6390812)
Le us know how the signum pro works out for you?

Will do! However currently the only new string from Signum Pro which is available here is Thunderstorm.