Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   another options for best support insole except superfeet? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=415804)

Rozroz 03-04-2012 11:29 PM

another options for best support insole except superfeet?

hi, already searched the forum and i still would welcome some more fresh opinions, please.
i'm 38 and use Barricade VI. i'm a heavy duty runner and grinder. i usually don't have any major feet issues, apart from some back heel 'decent' pains and maybe some knee 'after shocks'.
i wanted to hear about some of your favorite choices of sport insoles,
or let's say, the leading brands around here?
i already read all and found that most of you here are going with SuperFeet.
i have a regular arch and i want to feel more secure and more supported inside the shoes. i think the Barricades have a decent insole, but i want to take it out and replace with a VERY GOOD ONE (not including a special made this is too much money- here in Israel i can buy from the guy who makes Djokovic's insole).

so apart from SuperFeet, maybe there are new brands in the market, perhaps better ones? or are these my optimal choice? the reason i want to look for other brands is that SuperFeet not necessarily made for SPORT, or TENNIS for that matter.

thanks!

*also, if i'll go with Superfeet, what's my best bet in choosing my color? as said, i'm a medium (perhaps medium-high) arch, a heavy duty runner and grinder. so - orange is my best bet?

rufus_smith 03-05-2012 07:31 AM

I've tried them all. Sof Sole Airr Orthotic Insole works best for me. They have extra heel support. Superfeet were too thin for the hard pounding of tennis. good luck

Rozroz 03-05-2012 08:11 AM

thanks.
yea i tried to find out about Sof Sole but they're not distributed in Israel :(
i'll try out the Orange SuperFeel.

mikeler 03-05-2012 09:05 AM

Those Sof Soles look very similar to the much less expensive Dr. Scholls Sports insoles that can be had for just over $10 at the local big box stores here.

rufus_smith 03-05-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeler (Post 6370242)
Those Sof Soles look very similar to the much less expensive Dr. Scholls Sports insoles that can be had for just over $10 at the local big box stores here.

Most of Dr Scholl's products I found to be subpar. If you mean the Dr. Scholl's Advantage Sport Replace Insole, they don't seem to have as much support than the Sof Sole Airr Orthotic Insole imo. The insole you get in a good tennis shoe might be just as good. But each person has to make up their own mind.

Rozroz 03-05-2012 01:08 PM

played with the orange SuperFeet today.
fits like a glove, supports better.
the 'groovy' thing was the muscle adjustments in the first hour.
as it says in the 'manual', some of my legs muscles were exhausted a bit, but it passed and then it was all fine.

SystemicAnomaly 03-05-2012 01:09 PM

For my feet the Superfeet Green are a little better than the Superfeet Orange.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufus_smith (Post 6370615)
Most of Dr Scholl's products I found to be subpar. If you mean the Dr. Scholl's Advantage Sport Replace Insole, they don't seem to have as much support than the Sof Sole Airr Orthotic Insole imo. The insole you get in a good tennis shoe might be just as good. But each person has to make up their own mind.

While many of the Dr Scholl's products may not be ideal for all feet, their Custom Fit insoles are the best OTC products I've come across yet. I have tried some Sof Sole and Superfeet insoles (as well as quite a few others) and the Custom Fit insoles have provided the best results for me. They have 14 different semi-custom choices that are determined with the software on their kiosk:

mikeler 03-06-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Sport Replacement Insoles are the ones I use. I prefer them to the Superfeet Green. I have not tried Superfeet Orange yet.

Rozroz 03-06-2012 04:34 AM

i think the Barricade VI + SP Orange feels pretty good.
it's funny to wake the next day feeling different muscles strained :)

anyway, i found out i have such a minor selection of brands in Israel (yup, the same as strings)..
so it's pretty much either SP or making your own expensive mold.

LeeD 03-06-2012 12:56 PM

Another Green freak.
Oranges tire out my calf muscles, and the muscles that move my toes. I have the weakest feet of anyone, and it seems a super stiff insole is better than anything else.
I'd play tennis in my mountain bike shoes if I could. My feet hurt less with them than anything else (my road bike shoes won't accept my Shimano mountain bike cleats), so I haven't worn them in 25 years.

Rozroz 03-06-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeD (Post 6372674)
Another Green freak.
Oranges tire out my calf muscles, and the muscles that move my toes. I have the weakest feet of anyone, and it seems a super stiff insole is better than anything else.
I'd play tennis in my mountain bike shoes if I could. My feet hurt less with them than anything else (my road bike shoes won't accept my Shimano mountain bike cleats), so I haven't worn them in 25 years.

weakest feet?
so you probably tried all tennis shoes possible..
what did you come up with? Gel Resolution?

LeeD 03-06-2012 01:32 PM

"weakest feet'... thin, skinny, really long (size 11) twig calves, flatter than a plank of plywood.
Don't try shoes, just use stiff insoles. Currently high top Princes with green insoles.

Rozroz 03-07-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeD (Post 6372766)
"weakest feet'... thin, skinny, really long (size 11) twig calves, flatter than a plank of plywood.

something like this? ;)

Povl Carstensen 03-07-2012 03:20 AM

The stiffest/firmest insole you can get, is no insole, just saying...

Ramon 03-07-2012 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Povl Carstensen (Post 6373963)
The stiffest/firmest insole you can get, is no insole, just saying...

No insole means no support. That's just the opposite of having a firm insole with a good arch support.

I have weak feet. I tried the Superfeet Green at the store but I didn't think it gave enough support. I use the Sof Sol FIT, and I'm happy with it. It comes in 3 arch heights. It is lightweight, firm, and comfortable. It doesn't have as much cushioning as thicker insoles, but I like it for the support.

Povl Carstensen 03-07-2012 05:01 AM

Feet will never get strong with support. But don't want to hijack the thread, so sorry....

Power Player 03-07-2012 05:04 AM

Quote:

Wow no. Not even close. The Scholls Athletic Gel insoles are FAR better than any insole that comes with a shoe. I am not sure how someone could think otherwise.

I have superfeet green as well and I like them for work shoes, but not tennis.

Rozroz 03-07-2012 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Povl Carstensen (Post 6374089)
Feet will never get strong with support. But don't want to hijack the thread, so sorry....

Hijack away, buddy. what do you mean?

mikeler 03-07-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Player (Post 6374094)
Wow no. Not even close. The Scholls Athletic Gel insoles are FAR better than any insole that comes with a shoe. I am not sure how someone could think otherwise.

I have superfeet green as well and I like them for work shoes, but not tennis.

Agreed. My last pair of New Balances I bought for $60 at the Outlet store so they are more expensive in the other stores. First thing I did was throw away the brand spanking new insoles and put the Scholls in. I showed my wife the difference between the two insoles and she was shocked at how flimsy the insoles are that come with the shoe.