Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   When can we see Soderling back? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=416283)

ductrung3993 03-09-2012 05:15 AM

When can we see Soderling back?
 
I was reading on ATP seconds ago and then saw this part "World No. 1 and defending champion Novak Djokovic leads an all-star 96-player field that features 29 of the Top 30 players in the South African Airways ATP Rankings". And immediately, I figured out who they were referring to :(

Where can we see you start abusing the balls again Robin?...

Boricua 03-09-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ductrung3993 (Post 6378203)
I was reading on ATP seconds ago and then saw this part "World No. 1 and defending champion Novak Djokovic leads an all-star 96-player field that features 29 of the Top 30 players in the South African Airways ATP Rankings". And immediately, I figured out who they were referring to :(

Where can we see you start abusing the balls again Robin?...

He will be playing a 2 day exhibition in San Juan, Puerto Rico, March 21 and 22, in a four man event. lso featuring Ferrer, isner and Tsonga.

norbac 03-09-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boricua (Post 6378301)
He will be playing a 2 day exhibition in San Juan, Puerto Rico, March 21 and 22, in a four man event. lso featuring Ferrer, isner and Tsonga.

I thought Robin had pulled out of the event and Tsonga took his place? Or was that Monfils who pulled out?

GOAT BAAH!!! 03-09-2012 06:58 AM

How long has this silent suspension been?

CMM 03-09-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOAT BAAH!!! (Post 6378399)
How long has this silent suspension been?

Drakulie probably knows all the details.

tommyfr 03-10-2012 01:41 AM

He has been sick in Mono since August, still can not practice, gets physically tired.

This is what he said in a recent interview in a swedish newspaper, Svenska dagbladet.
Spending days for example walking with th dog and playing puzzles, "good for the patience" he said.

So probably not secret doping ban. Physical disease of some kind, or some kind of burnout.

Big_Dangerous 03-10-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommyfr (Post 6380122)
He has been sick in Mono since August, still can not practice, gets physically tired.

This is what he said in a recent interview in a swedish newspaper, Svenska dagbladet.
Spending days for example walking with th dog and playing puzzles, "good for the patience" he said.

So probably not secret doping ban. Physical disease of some kind, or some kind of burnout.

Still? Damn!

I thought we'd see his return by Miami for sure.

purge 03-10-2012 04:04 AM

im afraid it may be chronic fatigue syndrome. that can happen after a mono infection if you try to pick up practice too hard and too soon.

i hope its not tho. cause thats been the end of quite a few sports careers that i knew of :/

bezs 03-10-2012 07:31 AM

This might take awhile just hope it doesn't become as bad as Ancic had it.

chrischris 03-10-2012 09:53 AM

Yes its strange but of course only random coincidence that Ancic and Soderling both had the same coach when they got mono.

Backhanded Compliment 03-10-2012 12:23 PM

I miss Soderling's presence on tour...

The tennis balls, if they had feelings have been given quite a respite.

ductrung3993 04-19-2012 05:43 AM

any news thus far guys?

Nostradamus 04-19-2012 05:46 AM

Soooo, do you think Soderling can beat Novak when he is on his game ? I think Soderling can give Novak some real problems on red clay courts but not sure if Robin is coming back in time for the FO ?

ductrung3993 04-21-2012 04:16 AM

^ okay.....

merwy 10-09-2012 04:39 PM

Bump.

I was just wondering. Why is the possibility that Soderling is serving a silent doping ban discarded so quickly? I mean, Nadal has been gone for a few months and I hear silent ban rumors everywhere. On this forum and on other places of the internet, sports media.

So why is everyone believing this thing about Soderling? He's feeling the aftereffects of mononucleosis for how long? A year and a half?? Oh come on, that is unheard of. Even if he feels very tired, he could've entered some small challenger tournament just to get the feeling back and try to get better slowly. But he just completely disappeared from the tour and it wasn't a gradual disappearance either. He played maybe his best tournament of his life, completely blasted his opponents of the court and then vanished..

Not saying that I have any proof, (as if anyone has..) but this is VERY suspicious to say the least. And it feels bad bringing this up since he was one of my favorite players to watch, but this is just getting silly.

augustobt 10-09-2012 05:00 PM

You're incorrect. Mario Ancic suffered the aftereffects of mononucleosis for a lot of time, and then gave up the sport.

RF20Lennon 10-09-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merwy (Post 6944900)
Bump.

I was just wondering. Why is the possibility that Soderling is serving a silent doping ban discarded so quickly? I mean, Nadal has been gone for a few months and I hear silent ban rumors everywhere. On this forum and on other places of the internet, sports media.

So why is everyone believing this thing about Soderling? He's feeling the aftereffects of mononucleosis for how long? A year and a half?? Oh come on, that is unheard of. Even if he feels very tired, he could've entered some small challenger tournament just to get the feeling back and try to get better slowly. But he just completely disappeared from the tour and it wasn't a gradual disappearance either. He played maybe his best tournament of his life, completely blasted his opponents of the court and then vanished..

Not saying that I have any proof, (as if anyone has..) but this is VERY suspicious to say the least. And it feels bad bringing this up since he was one of my favorite players to watch, but this is just getting silly.

Maybe because even if he doped he still wasnt that good comparatively

kishnabe 10-09-2012 05:18 PM

I miss him for destroying Rafa......please come back and save tennis. Deserving of 12k Post.

ricki 10-10-2012 11:53 PM

He played too beastly at 2011 Bastad, steam-rolled berdych and ferrer. Possibly got caught doping and as its swedish tournament, they agreed on him vanishing quietly. Methinks hes never gonna return, as hes 28 yo and hasnt played for more than year

3fees 10-11-2012 09:33 AM

He does use twitter,,however he has not said anything about playing again.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse