Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Does anyone truly hate federer's GAME? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=416354)

joeri888 03-09-2012 03:33 PM

Does anyone truly hate federer's GAME?

Just what i was wondering. Federer is
Praised by Many and his playying style is one of THE reasons for his popularity. He plays agressive, takes balls early and is both smooth and elegant and has all the shots. His current main rivals are often Praised as well but also often criticized for being defensive and physical and spinny rather than purely technical with An offensive mindset.

My question is whether people have criticism of purely watching feds game And what you truly hate about it. Not antics or personality, but does Any tennisfan hate his game and why?

stringertom 03-09-2012 03:42 PM

I hate that I'll never look so smooth on a tennis court! Seriously, only a masochist could express hatred for his game.

BrooklynNY 03-09-2012 04:00 PM

hahahahah this might be the best topic ever.

No, I don't think you can truly hate his game. You can hate Federer, and everything else around him, (horrible competition, easy draws, arrogant statements,etc) but you got to say he does atleast play the game correctly/the way it's supposed to be played which is aggressive minded to some degree.

I wish he would play a more all court game and come in more, but I understand why he doesn't.

But yeah, I bet someone will come along and say they do.

roundiesee 03-09-2012 04:17 PM

No, I think very likely no one can truly hate his game. But I think to a lot of people, it is not just Federer's style (which is great to watch), but also the fuss-free way he plays, without any histrionics and basically just getting on with the "job" without undue delays. I think this aspect of his game has not been mentioned enough.

ZeroSkid 03-09-2012 04:49 PM

How can you hate God?

BULLZ1LLA2.0 03-09-2012 05:02 PM

Most error-prone world number one I've ever seen. What's not to hate?

dh003i 03-09-2012 05:07 PM

I hate that he doesn't come to the net more often and waited so long to start with more drop shots and open up more of his game.

But that's really saying I hate what has been done to the game.

BULLZ1LLA2.0 03-09-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dh003i (Post 6379523)
I hate that he doesn't come to the net more often and waited so long to start with more drop shots and open up more of his game.

But that's really saying I hate what has been done to the game.

Not every player is good at the drop shot or net-charging. So they didn't do anything bad by not using those tactics, since they were only doing what they could. Federer can make those shots but refused to. So really Federer has 'done it' to the game.

dnj30 03-09-2012 05:28 PM

I hate my game when i watch him, which in turn, makes me hate him. Does that count?

rommil 03-09-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BULLZ1LLA2.0 (Post 6379514)

That's why you like him, you *******.

Xizel 03-09-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

And still winning as many titles and setting records as he did. How?

BULLZ1LLA2.0 03-09-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xizel (Post 6379570)
And still winning as many titles and setting records as he did. How?

A lazy player with natural ability. What's not to hate? I'm into the more hard working players. 'Titles' aren't something to like, regarding a players GAME.

FlashFlare11 03-09-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BULLZ1LLA2.0 (Post 6379576)
A lazy player with natural ability. What's not to hate? I'm into the more hard working players. 'Titles' aren't something to like, regarding a players GAME.

What makes you think he's lazy? Lazy players don't become the most successful players in history.

No, I don't think you can truly and totally hate Federer's game IF you play tennis. As a tennis player, I am simply amazed how he makes a sport like tennis look so beautiful and graceful. Learning to play tennis is difficult and many people (most, I would say) don't look particularly nimble or graceful playing this sport. No one makes it look as easy as Federer. When you look at Nadal and Djokovic, they look like they're giving a full effort, sometimes like they're in pain. But not Federer. He's different. To make shots look so easy that we as amateurs have so much difficulty mastering is something that I truly appreciate in Federer's game.

As a player of the one of the most difficult sports in the world, I have to admire the man who makes it look so easy and beautiful.

rommil 03-09-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BULLZ1LLA2.0 (Post 6379576)

Awesome, you're a Djokovic fan!!!

So what do you think of this Mallorcan player who hasn't work hard enough that he has no titles for almost a year now, and the other pros have been playing this past few weeks? One lazy mofo he is.

FD3S 03-09-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Hey, now. Leave Safin out of this, he's got politics to worry about.

phnx90 03-09-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynNY (Post 6379446)
but you got to say he does atleast play the game correctly/the way it's supposed to be played which is aggressive minded to some degree.

The only "right" way of playing tennis is playing the game within the rules. Unless playing a defensive game is against the rules of tennis, the only place where playing offensively is "more right" than playing a defensive game is in your head.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynNY (Post 6379446)
I wish he would play a more all court game and come in more, but I understand why he doesn't.

Some people blame the the slowing of the surfaces, but I think Federer seems to have some kind of compulsion to prove to himself and everybody else that he is somehow better than Rafa and Nole from the baseline, which he plainly is not at the moment.

BULLZ1LLA2.0 03-09-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rommil (Post 6379602)
Awesome, you're a Djokovic fan!!!

So what do you think of this Mallorcan player who hasn't work hard enough that he has no titles for almost a year now, and the other pros have been playing this past few weeks? One lazy mofo he is.

Not sure who you are talking about. Nobody works harder than Nadal.

Djokovic (and Monfils) has a more athletic/flexible body than Nadal. This allows freak retrieving skills. Monfils doesn't have the tennis skills to match. Djokovic does.

FlashFlare11 03-09-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BULLZ1LLA2.0 (Post 6379611)

Djokovic (and Monfils) has a more athletic/flexible body than Nadal. This allows freak retrieving skills. Monfils doesn't have the tennis skills to match. Djokovic does.

This cannot be proven. Fact is, no one knows how hard these guys work. I almost never hear about anything Federer does off-court, but his results on court show that he works extremely hard.

Towser83 03-09-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

how hard did he work after being beaten by Djokovic time after time? After 6 times he made an adjustment to his racquet (and stilllost,but at least he finally tried something new). Is that hard enough, soon enough?

Federer worked hard on his game and mental aproach early - he was a safin like player mentally to begin with. But all players can get somewhat lazy whan faced with changing a winning formular just to beat one player.

Cup8489 03-09-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Federer is not a lazy player, you're completely wrong there. He's among the hardest workers out there, don't blame the guy for not having that 'must retreive every single ball' mentality that Nadal has..

There's a reason why Federer has 16 majors, 12 of which were won since Rafa started winning majors: he knows how to play pretty well.