Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   how much do pro players racket weight? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=416899)

Nina-Sky 03-14-2012 11:34 AM

how much do pro players racket weight?

how much do pro players racket weight?

example, rafa, federer, djokovic?

gavna 03-14-2012 11:41 AM

My God there must be thousands of posts about this......do a search - look for a post from Rickson a few years back it had pretty good list of players and their weights and specs at that time.

movdqa 03-14-2012 11:42 AM

There's a long thread by Fabfed here which has this information. He has Fed's and Djokovic' frames and weight. I don't recall whether he has one of Nadals though Nadal changed his racquet weight for 2012 but by just a little.

dadozen 03-14-2012 02:32 PM

Info from FabFed post: Federer 364g and Djoko 359g.

Nina-Sky 03-14-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadozen (Post 6391558)
Info from FabFed post: Federer 364g and Djoko 359g.

wow are they that heavy? what is the recommended weight for club players?

Funbun 03-14-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nina-Sky (Post 6391631)
wow are they that heavy? what is the recommended weight for club players?

Club players hit with whatever they want haha. I think it's wrong to suggest a recommended weight, simply because nobody knows everybody's skill level.

And those aren't really that heavy. To me, anyway.

Murray has it at 345g.

I'm certain that Djoko has the highest racquet swingweight among the Elite Four.

kiteboard 03-14-2012 09:36 PM

Fed: 365g
Djok: 359g
Nad: 341g
Murray: 346g
Delpo: 361g
Tsonga: 361g

Rabbit 03-15-2012 05:38 AM

Davydenko plays at 315 grams

pros are just like club players, their racquet preferences are all over the place.

movdqa 03-15-2012 07:12 AM

What's more interesting is their swingweight.

ben123 03-15-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Fed: 365g
Djok: 359g
Nad: 341g
Murray: 346g
Delpo: 361g
Tsonga: 361g
Quote:

Davydenko plays at 315 grams
please stop posting specs if you dont have a really good source to prove your claim.

delpos racquet for example was measured by drakulie last year. n the static weight was around 370grams. tsongas frame seems to be 351g. measured by a guy who apperently has his racquet http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...mystery+solved.

i rly doubt davydenkos static weight being 315g, too.

Rabbit 03-15-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben123 (Post 6394125)
please stop posting specs if you dont have a really good source to prove your claim.

delpos racquet for example was measured by drakulie last year. n the static weight was around 370grams. tsongas frame seems to be 351g. measured by a guy who apperently has his racquet http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...mystery+solved.

Do a search, a picture of his racquet was on the boards with a sticker spec. I will try and find it, but in the mean time, please stop telling people not to post when you're uncertain of a fact.

Rabbit 03-15-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben123 (Post 6394125)

Here you go, hotdog.....

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...vydenko&page=7

post #124 on that page by UK Skippy. Davydenko's frame specs come in at 299 grams, add 15 grams for string and i must apologize, it's 314 grams.

Just noticed that you posted #126.....memory is the 1st thing to go

cknobman 03-16-2012 07:09 AM

ATP tour rules mandates every players racquet must weigh exactly 5.7oz.

Power Player 03-16-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit (Post 6394270)
Here you go, hotdog.....

post #124 on that page by UK Skippy. Davydenko's frame specs come in at 299 grams, add 15 grams for string and i must apologize, it's 314 grams.

LOL..nice..owned.

Ben123, stop smoking that green son.

BobFL 03-16-2012 08:46 AM

Yes, Davy's racquet is relatively light but the BP and length give it high SW - probably ~355.

ben123 03-16-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

I will try and find it, but in the mean time, please stop telling people not to post when you're uncertain of a fact.
if you post specs than YOU have to post your source. its that simple. whats the sense of posting specs when you then tell people to look up a "fact" then you could also just shut up and everyone can simply search for his own

Quote:

Here you go, hotdog.....

thats just a sticker with his specs i still dont know if that are his real measured specs. n just btw it could be 319g if in the pictures his overgrip is missing.
edit: davydenko changed his racquet, too! he plays with prince now. so there are enough aspects to doubt these specs.
Quote:

LOL..nice..owned.

Ben123, stop smoking that green son.
why are you people so easily offended. the only thing i said is give sources or stop spamming. nobody needs random specs

jayoub95 03-16-2012 08:37 PM

LOL Feds has the heaviest racquet. Was expecting it to be Djokovic or Tsonga.

Rabbit 03-17-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben123 (Post 6398414)
if you post specs than YOU have to post your source. its that simple. whats the sense of posting specs when you then tell people to look up a "fact" then you could also just shut up and everyone can simply search for his own

thats just a sticker with his specs i still dont know if that are his real measured specs. n just btw it could be 319g if in the pictures his overgrip is missing.
edit: davydenko changed his racquet, too! he plays with prince now. so there are enough aspects to doubt these specs.

why are you people so easily offended. the only thing i said is give sources or stop spamming. nobody needs random specs

You know your response above tells a great deal about you.
  1. You ask for proof
  2. You get proof...not only proof, but proof in the form of a picture taken by the very guy who strung Davydenko's frames at Roland Garros.
  3. You then try to what if the proof so as to invalidate it

Pros don't change their gear that radically. Yeah, it was a Dunlop, and Dunlop tried (and failed) to build a frame just like the Prince he was playing and winning with. Ergo, Einstein, one would conclude that the Prince was of like weight.

Now, just for the sake of argument, let's assume it was a hoax (tee hee). Someone would not only have produce the labels, no big deal, but they would also have to somehow paint "Nikolay Davydenko" very professionally on the target frame. And......they would have to find a showroom floor full of Babolat stringing machines as there are several available AND they would have to want to go to the trouble of doing this ALL to fool you about Nikolay Davydenko's racquets. Wouldn't it be more plausible to do it for a bigger name pro?

Nobody was "spamming", it's called "responding". Just because you have some fixed idea that all pros play with a certain weight range doesn't make it a fact and certainly doesn't make the response "spam". You may want to, at some point, consider that you really don't know it all. Just a suggestion.

The fact is, professional players are just like us club players in one respect. They have different preferences. They don't all play with the same flex, weight, head size, string, balance, or tension. That is why they make more than one kind of frame and string.

I really think you should change your picture from Albert to Pee Wee.

Jonny S&V 03-17-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit (Post 6399444)
  1. You ask for proof
  2. You get proof...not only proof, but proof in the form of a picture taken by the very guy who strung Davydenko's frames at Roland Garros.

I feel like I haven't seen much from you rabbit, although my own time on this board has been very little as well. Good to see you back (if you've been gone)!

ben123 03-17-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit (Post 6399444)
  1. You ask for proof

Pros don't change their gear that radically. Yeah, it was a Dunlop, and Dunlop tried (and failed) to build a frame just like the Prince he was playing and winning with. Ergo, Einstein, one would conclude that the Prince was of like weight.

Now, just for the sake of argument, let's assume it was a hoax (tee hee). Someone would not only have produce the labels, no big deal, but they would also have to somehow paint "Nikolay Davydenko" very professionally on the target frame. And......they would have to find a showroom floor full of Babolat stringing machines as there are several available AND they would have to want to go to the trouble of doing this ALL to fool you about Nikolay Davydenko's racquets. Wouldn't it be more plausible to do it for a bigger name pro?

Nobody was "spamming", it's called "responding". Just because you have some fixed idea that all pros play with a certain weight range doesn't make it a fact and certainly doesn't make the response "spam". You may want to, at some point, consider that you really don't know it all. Just a suggestion.

The fact is, professional players are just like us club players in one respect. They have different preferences. They don't all play with the same flex, weight, head size, string, balance, or tension. That is why they make more than one kind of frame and string.

I really think you should change your picture from Albert to Pee Wee.

the only intention of the davydenko arguments were to show that the specs you posted arent 100% clear which is true.

but anyways this was not the topic in the first place. the topic was give sources for your specs. specs without sources are useless.

i know that pros wouldnt rly radically change their stuff. i also never said anywhere that i do think theres a specific weight range. i only said i doubt his weight is so low.

i dont really know why you are so angry, too. you make personal attacks at me without any reason...this is just a forum in the internet calm down...
and you write many sentences without much info