Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Fed on schedule for another Nadal drubbing.... (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=416998)

svijk 03-15-2012 06:07 AM

Fed on schedule for another Nadal drubbing....

and Im saying this as a Fed fan....but its starting to look inevitable.

In the past even when has he looked in sublime form he was easily dismantled by Rafa and now he doesn't look so good. Got through some tough matches against Raonic and Belluci and then you throw in the slow court, illness (maybe) and a well rested and in-form Nadal, its going to be 2 quick sets like Miami last year.

well this is is all pointless if Delpo beats Fed tomorrow

sdont 03-15-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svijk (Post 6393428)
and Im saying this as a Fed fan....but its starting to look inevitable.

In the past even when has he looked in sublime form he was easily dismantled by Rafa and now he doesn't look so good. Got through some tough matches against Raonic and Belluci and then you throw in the slow court, illness (maybe) and a well rested and in-form Nadal, its going to be 2 quick sets like Miami last year.

well this is is all pointless if Delpo beats Fed tomorrow

We agree that this thread is pointless right now, then.

nadalwon2012 03-15-2012 06:14 AM

But look at how many players Federer has slaughtered. Look at Roddick. Why is it unfair for Nadal to merely lead 18-9 over Federer? That is nothing compared to the damage Federer has inflicted on others. People are supposed to suffer a lot in life. Positive and negative energy is supposed to be balanced throughout the universe. That includes Federer. And Federer's 'suffering' is only in tennis matches (and only vs ONE player!). That is a crazy easy life.

FlashFlare11 03-15-2012 06:21 AM

I don't really expect a close match if they both make it (and that's a big if, since they face del Potro and Nalbandian, respectively). I'll always have hope that Federer might win, but he's really struggling and it's very apparent that he's willing himself out of these matches.

DjokovicForTheWin 03-15-2012 06:24 AM

Anyone hoping Delpo will take out Fed?

Murrayfan31 03-15-2012 06:26 AM

Fed is done tbh. Nadal has the easy draw here.

FlashFlare11 03-15-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjokovicForTheWin (Post 6393470)
Anyone hoping Delpo will take out Fed?

If Roger's level doesn't significantly increase tomorrow night, then most likely yes. But I'd love to see a Federer-Nalbandian match!

cknobman 03-15-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadalwon2012 (Post 6393446)
But look at how many players Federer has slaughtered. Look at Roddick. Why is it unfair for Nadal to merely lead 18-9 over Federer? That is nothing compared to the damage Federer has inflicted on others. People are supposed to suffer a lot in life. Positive and negative energy is supposed to be balanced throughout the universe. That includes Federer. And Federer's 'suffering' is only in tennis matches (and only vs ONE player!). That is a crazy easy life.

Agreed. All things balance out. Just look at how Novak stepped up and has gone 7-0 against Nadal and every single one of those matches being a final (3 of them Grand Slams).

Now we just need to see what the counterbalance for Novak will be.

monfed 03-15-2012 06:58 AM

I don't see the point of this thread? If it's such a given why make this thread at all? I mean do we create threads like "Ferrer/Roddick/Davydenko is on schedule for another Federer drubbing" ?

Anyway, Federer's never played Nadal in Indian wells and it's a best of 3. Anything can happen if Fed wins the first set. He doesn't have to win 2 more, just one more, have you considered that?

DjokovicForTheWin 03-15-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlashFlare11 (Post 6393479)
If Roger's level doesn't significantly increase tomorrow night, then most likely yes. But I'd love to see a Federer-Nalbandian match!

Yeah me too but don't see it happening, Nadal is playing the best HC tennis of his career.

mandy01 03-15-2012 07:01 AM

Since I can't watch it (thankfully) I couldn't care less although of course, I'd rather he lost to DP, a player I like.

trenzterra 03-15-2012 07:08 AM

Actually his illness works both ways. On the other hand, I think Federer may play Nadal (if he wins dP) with a mindset that he's not at 100% anyway, so he might as well give whatever he's got and try. Often when put in that position, he comes through.

Cup8489 03-15-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadalwon2012 (Post 6393446)

Dude, can you just like.. go somewhere else and stop being so annoying? Thanks.

Clarky21 03-15-2012 07:32 AM

Nadal has to get to him first,and even then it is far from guaranteed he will win. Nadal hasn't been playing that great,anyway.

Hood_Man 03-15-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 6393645)
Nadal has to get to him first,and even then it is far from guaranteed he will win. Nadal hasn't been playing that great,anyway.

You're consistent, I'll give you that :)

stringertom 03-15-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup8489 (Post 6393610)
Dude, can you just like.. go somewhere else and stop being so annoying? Thanks.

Sadly, mission impossible.

SLD76 03-15-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 6393645)

again I ask you...what matches have you been watching?

He completely dismantled Granolla and Dolgo and not lost a set.

What more do you want????

That said, with fed being sick and all, Im more worried about him getting thru Delpo.

Hopefully he doesnt regress in his condition in the day off.

That said, if he makes the semi and loses to rafa, im cool with it because he wont lose pts and I dont expect him to beat rafa on this court at this stage of his career anyway. nevermind being ill to boot.

Clarky21 03-15-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hood_Man (Post 6393646)
You're consistent, I'll give you that :)

Thanks. :lol:

stephan_58 03-15-2012 07:44 AM

Maybe the fact that nobody will expect Fed to win (probably not even himself, even if he'd never admit it) will make him swing freely in this encounter, who knows. He definitely won't feel as much pressure considering he's not 100% and IW is basically solid clay.

Clarky21 03-15-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLD76 (Post 6393659)
again I ask you...what matches have you been watching?

He completely dismantled Granolla and Dolgo and not lost a set.

What more do you want????

That said, with fed being sick and all, Im more worried about him getting thru Delpo.

Hopefully he doesnt regress in his condition in the day off.

That said, if he makes the semi and loses to rafa, im cool with it because he wont lose pts and I dont expect him to beat rafa on this court at this stage of his career anyway. nevermind being ill to boot.

How about a better second seve that's not spun in at 70-80mph,or an actual bh that is not just a moonball. Oh,and how about some mental fortitude when serving for sets/matches instead of the choke jobs he's been doing out there,and a ros would be nice. Besides,Dolgo was an ue machine so Nadal really didn't have to do much with only 12 winners and 7 ue. He will not get away with that kind of junk against Nalby in the next round,or any of the top players for that matter.