Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Will She Become Great? What Do You Think..20 Minutes Of Game Footage! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=417207)

DamonK 03-16-2012 10:37 PM

Will She Become Great? What Do You Think..20 Minutes Of Game Footage!

http://youtu.be/JzvUg1u7tyw

This above video link features Deja Kitchiner playing a live match at age 15 in Northern California..The first point of this video is actually taken from a later point in the match..The point happens to be from the best rally of the Match..Deja is in the far court..This video pick's up with Deja down 5-3 in the first set...This video will show you the heart and fight that Deja has developed over the years as a young prodigy who has been and is still being developed in a completely unconventional way..Deja's videos have been viewed by millions world wide since she was age 10, and it customary for her father to release video footage of Deja just prior to her birthday..This video is of Deja at age 15...Deja will turn 16 in Mid March...Deja is trained solely by her father, and in fact Deja has never had the benefit of practicing with hitting partners it is customary for Deja to feel her way through a match and then warm up as this video shows that trait perfectly...For most of 2012 Deja's only hitting partner her father has had torn ligaments, and Deja's tennis results have struggled...Deja's confidence is not shaken, and she plans on turning her season around sooner rather than later...Too learn more about Deja's tennis journey, and goals visit www.dejanatural.com

To see Deja at age 10 click here

http://youtu.be/a_G9-pAOQro

To see Deja's story click here

http://youtu.be/QYltFEcXf24

timmeh 03-16-2012 11:54 PM

How selfish of her father to deny her hitting partners, even when he is injured and unable to hit with her.

Sounds creepy, will not watch video.

Faster 03-17-2012 12:11 AM

I see nothing special at all, except for that stupid, irritating serve motion

DNShade 03-17-2012 12:25 AM

More importantly -- why is this posted in General PRO PLAYER discussion section?

Thread location fail.

And to the question -- I hit with 14/15/16 y/o girls who are five star/Blue Chips etc that are way stronger and I'm not sure they'll even end up going pro let alone be "great". So there's that...

And then there's the hinkey service motion...

But stranger things have happened...I guess.

Good luck -- and try to better place your thread next time.

Rock Strongo 03-17-2012 12:53 AM

Quick tip: PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO LIVE THROUGH YOUR DAUGHTER, IT DOES YOU NO GOOD AND WILL EVENTUALLY MAKE HER HATE YOU!!!!!

Rock Strongo 03-17-2012 12:57 AM

Deletey deletey!

jwjh 03-17-2012 12:59 AM

The girl with the weird service motion is not Deja although Deja does serve mainly an unorthodox reverse-slice serve. It is fine as a trick/novelty serve but it goes against the body mechanics and will probably cause injuries in the long run.

If you watch the video about Deja's story, you'll see how Deja's father asks her to kick her reverse slice serve like what stosur does which is hilarious. Not to mention her backhand slice also very weak.

So no, not going to be great because her father taught her wrong fundamentals/mechanics that will stunt her growth as a player.

Rock Strongo 03-17-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjh (Post 6398917)
The girl with the weird service motion is not Deja although Deja does serve mainly an unorthodox reverse-slice serve. It is fine as a trick/novelty serve but it goes against the body mechanics and will probably cause injuries in the long run.

If you watch the video about Deja's story, you'll see how Deja's father asks her to kick her reverse slice serve like what stosur does which is hilarious. Not to mention her backhand slice also very weak.

So no, not going to be great because her father taught her wrong fundamentals/mechanics that will stunt her growth as a player.

That reverse serve WILL ruin her shoulder.

DNShade 03-17-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjh (Post 6398917)

I knew which one was Deja - and her service motion is very -- interesting -- just what I said. Not quite as f-ed up as the other girl but close.

OTMPut 03-17-2012 02:44 AM

why isn't anyone wanting to finish the point? looks like some practice hitting session.

nadalwon2012 03-17-2012 02:53 AM

I don't see the point of hyping up someone who isn't special. It only puts more pressure on them and beats them down when they fail.

Nathaniel_Near 03-17-2012 03:04 AM

If she's 15, shouldn't she be building up results and be well into the junior rankings? Just a bit confused by the insular approach, that's all. The father does seem very grounded and cool in the videos, I must say.

PSNELKE 03-17-2012 03:05 AM

HHAHAHAH Deja Kitchner again??

Guys this girl stands at the age of 15 for 4 years now, her father is so selfish it won't end well.

He has been claiming that her BH looks is similar to Bjorn Borg's and her FH similar to Steffi Graf, and I after 4 years I still have a good laugh at it.

Nathaniel_Near 03-17-2012 03:07 AM

For examples: http://beta.itftennis.com/juniors/pl...erid=100114005

This woman from Australia is just 15, and is one of the very top ranked junior girls in the world. But what of Dijana? The father needs to get her into a competitive environment with other budding girls quickly and take that individual style which isn't the product of some tennis factory and allow it to try and blossom and succeed on the world stage - this is if she's even good enough in the first place. 15 is about the time so some transition needs to be made now before it's too late.

Nathaniel_Near 03-17-2012 03:15 AM

Here's the same 15 year old actually playing WTA tour tournaments... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBbBnTY4aX4

Hmm.

Rock Strongo 03-17-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSNELKE (Post 6399035)
HHAHAHAH Deja Kitchner again??

Guys this girl stands at the age of 15 for 4 years now, her father is so selfish it won't end well.

He has been claiming that her BH looks is similar to Bjorn Borg's and her FH similar to Steffi Graf, and I after 4 years I still have a good laugh at it.

Just wait till she turns 15 next year, she'll be bageling Azarenka!

SystemicAnomaly 03-17-2012 03:45 AM

She is pretty decent but, realistically, she should shoot for collegiate tennis rather than pro.

PSNELKE 03-17-2012 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Strongo (Post 6399051)
Just wait till she turns 15 next year, she'll be bageling Azarenka!

Deja Kitchner will win the Golden Slam in 2016, winninng the AO, RG, SW19, Olympics, USO and the YEC at the age of 15 years.

You heard it her first.

Seriously, her father has like a gazillion fake profiles on every single tennis board on the internet.
Get your head out of your ***** and find her a coach since you dont seem to have a clue about tennis.
Really sad story.

courtking 03-17-2012 04:42 AM

terrible 1hbh technique with a disgusting service motion.. she will be lucky to make it in college..

bjk 03-17-2012 07:23 AM

There's not much power in that 1hbh. The serve . . . there's not a good kinetic chain in the serve. It may be too far gone at this point to change the motion. The "experts" were right, lol. I'm not saying I could beat her as a 4.0 male, but I could get a few games.