Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Indian Wells Mens Champion: Isner or Federer? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=417288)

jayoub95 03-17-2012 06:09 PM

Indian Wells Mens Champion: Isner or Federer?
 
Who's going to win!!??

FearOfTheDark 03-17-2012 06:15 PM

Wrong section. And spoiler

Nathaniel_Near 03-17-2012 06:16 PM

Interesting one. Isner and Federer should be full of confidence, and rightly so. This is a return match and an exciting rematch for the Davis Cup tie in Switzerland, which Isner won in hugely impressive style. I expect a close match that hinges on a few points with Roger finding a way to get it done. Isner certainly has his chances.

jayoub95 03-17-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearOfTheDark (Post 6402280)
Wrong section. And spoiler

Damn! thought i clicked pro match results.. fail.

Meriko 03-17-2012 06:18 PM

My money is on Fed, but I expect Isner to give him a run for his money.

FlashFlare11 03-17-2012 06:20 PM

I think Isner will take a set, probably with a break of serve, too. I just hope the conditions are better than they were today.

jayoub95 03-17-2012 06:20 PM

Wanna see how feds manages the isner serve. Gonna be a great match.

Humblumb 03-17-2012 06:29 PM

Being a big federer fan, i must say this is a tough call, Isner is going to be riding a huge confidence train into the final having beat federer ON CLAY IN SWITZERLAND, and then being able to beat Djokovic. Honestly this one is a tough one to call but with intangibles put in (American Hard court Tourney) im going to have to say Isner has to win in 2 sets, if not Federer is going to take it in 3

jayoub95 03-17-2012 06:37 PM

I think Isner will take it in 3. Hard to say who is going to win but Feds is more popular.

seattle_1hander 03-17-2012 06:42 PM

Isner's first masters final, Federer full of confidence. Federer hasn't won this tournament in SIX YEARS. Wants it badly. Also sees the opportunity to build points and take back Numero Uno

VOLLEY KING 03-17-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seattle_1hander (Post 6402521)
Isner's first masters final, Federer full of confidence. Federer hasn't won this tournament in SIX YEARS. Wants it badly. Also sees the opportunity to build points and take back Numero Uno

No chance . Isner already beat him on clay.

VOLLEY KING 03-17-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearOfTheDark (Post 6402280)
Wrong section. And spoiler

Come on. If your on TW before watching the match you deserve to be spoiled.

The Bawss 03-17-2012 06:52 PM

Isner is not known for his endurance. He played a long match against Djokovic and is playing the Dubs final. Isner is going to have fun trying to beat an on-form Federer in his first MS1000 final on tired legs.

FearOfTheDark 03-17-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VOLLEY KING (Post 6402579)
Come on. If your on TW before watching the match you deserve to be spoiled.

I watched the whole match anyway but I'm thinking about the people who haven't ;)

seattle_1hander 03-17-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VOLLEY KING (Post 6402564)
No chance . Isner already beat him on clay.

Just stating facts. Nadal already beat Federer on outdoor hard, how did that work out?

VOLLEY KING 03-17-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seattle_1hander (Post 6402591)
Just stating facts. Nadal already beat Federer on outdoor hard, how did that work out?

I don't get your point?

Isners serve may be the best on the tour. Clay slows it down that's why the Swiss chose to play on clay. They thought they had a better chance winning on clay.

If Isner beat fed on clay it stands to reason isner has an even better chance on hard.

The speed helps isner more.

VOLLEY KING 03-17-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 6402583)
Isner is not known for his endurance. He played a long match against Djokovic and is playing the Dubs final. Isner is going to have fun trying to beat an on-form Federer in his first MS1000 final on tired legs.

Isner not know for his endurance ?????

Are you kidding me???

Did you see isner Mahut??


I think isner has zero problems with endurance in a best of three on a hard court.

seattle_1hander 03-17-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VOLLEY KING (Post 6402620)
I don't get your point?

Isners serve may be the best on the tour. Clay slows it down that's why the Swiss chose to play on clay. They thought they had a better chance winning on clay.

If Isner beat fed on clay it stands to reason isner has an even better chance on hard.

The speed helps isner more.

Isner beating Federer on a different surface, before Federer's recent run on hard courts mind you, has little if any bearing on this match.

Lest we forget, Mardy Fish commented that the surface in Switzerland was horrible and that it would be incredibly difficult to return a serve like John Isner's on it. You're logic is lacking and your conclusion is unwarranted.

Atherton2003 03-17-2012 07:07 PM

I think Isner will win - although he is tough to watch - looks gawky with the mouth open and tongue sticking out on every point.

VOLLEY KING 03-17-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seattle_1hander (Post 6402651)
Isner beating Federer on a different surface, before Federer's recent run on hard courts mind you, has little if any bearing on this match.

Lest we forget, Mardy Fish commented that the surface in Switzerland was horrible and that it would be incredibly difficult to return a serve like John Isner's on it. You're logic is lacking and your conclusion is unwarranted.

Djoker is the greatest returner I have ever seen in my life .

I'm picking Isner.

.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse