Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Greatest serve of all time . (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=417344)

VOLLEY KING 03-18-2012 05:43 AM

Greatest serve of all time .

Isner baby !!! All the way!!!

Rozroz 03-18-2012 05:55 AM

Isner- the greatest server in all time EVER!!!!!
i can safely say there won't be a better server EVER AGAIN.
i dare anyone just TRY to oppose this.
that's right.
didn't think so.

Bobby Jr 03-18-2012 06:00 AM

Good one. I would rather have Sampras' serve 9 days out of 10.

Why? Variety and clutchness. Two things which Isner can't compete with Sampras at (yet, maybe ever).

VOLLEY KING 03-18-2012 06:03 AM

Pancho Gonzalez deserves honorable mention .

He was incredible ....but so long ago.

Roscoe tanner had a sick serve. His toss
Was really low and once he snapped the net cord in two!!!! That's a wore cable.

Roddick did have the fastest serve ever.....

But isner serves from a tree. The angles are amazing. And his percentage is huge.

Second serves are amazing as well.

Biscuitmcgriddleson 03-18-2012 06:03 AM

LOL at Rafter. So many good serves to choose from, but I chose Goran.

joeri888 03-18-2012 06:05 AM

Karlovic still tops Isner. Just because Isner discovered a ground game, doesnt make him a better server than Ivo.

VOLLEY KING 03-18-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biscuitmcgriddleson (Post 6403750)
LOL at Rafter. So many good serves to choose from, but I chose Goran.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...ll-time/page/2

Biscuitmcgriddleson 03-18-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VOLLEY KING (Post 6403759)

Yea that has Federer ranked 4th. And well, no. Federer is not the 4th best server of the open era let alone all time.

stringertom 03-18-2012 06:20 AM

Coincidence you nominate Isner, Rogi's opponent today??? I think not, you Fedhater. Take your medicine and stop "originating" already-hashed-over threads for the purpose of venting your frustrations. If I nominated Ralph, would you promise to cease and desist, Mr. Edberg?

VOLLEY KING 03-18-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stringertom (Post 6403780)
Coincidence you nominate Isner, Rogi's opponent today??? I think not, you Fedhater. Take your medicine and stop "originating" already-hashed-over threads for the purpose of venting your frustrations. If I nominated Ralph, would you promise to cease and desist, Mr. Edberg?

Who the hell is Ralph ? I nominate my buddy joe!!! Lol.

Actually I don't hate fed at all. I actually didn't have a favorite player.

I like rafa and Fed but neither plays my style .

Isner plays similar to my game ( I'm a 4.5 version)

stringertom 03-18-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VOLLEY KING (Post 6403803)
Who the hell is Ralph ? I nominate my buddy joe!!! Lol.

Actually I don't hate fed at all. I actually didn't have a favorite player.

I like rafa and Fed but neither plays my style .

Isner plays similar to my game ( I'm a 4.5 version)

ROFLMAO! Three separate threads started in one day about the same guy, who before today never garnered any attention from your fragile personality. BTW, you claim Isner plays "similar to my game". If it were true, only a flaming egoist would state it that way. A well-balanced personality would express it more like this..."Were I to compare my 4.5ish game to a top pro, it would be most similar to John Isner." Besides, anyone with anything close to an Isner-style game is a sandbagger to get rated at 4.5.

VOLLEY KING 03-18-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stringertom (Post 6403833)
ROFLMAO! Three separate threads started in one day about the same guy, who before today never garnered any attention from your fragile personality. BTW, you claim Isner plays "similar to my game". If it were true, only a flaming egoist would state it that way. A well-balanced personality would express it more like this..."Were I to compare my 4.5ish game to a top pro, it would be most similar to John Isner." Besides, anyone with anything close to an Isner-style game is a sandbagger to get rated at 4.5.

True. He won me over .

I've never watched him that much before.

But I just love his style of play. He rushes the net.....

There's no one else in the top ten who does that.

Plus he is American. Yeah I'm a huge fan now!

My favorite player for sure!

rofl_copter3 03-18-2012 07:33 AM

Pistol Pete for the win... Times 14...

Rock Strongo 03-18-2012 07:34 AM

It's Goran and it will always be Goran.

tennis_pro 03-18-2012 07:49 AM

Come on it really isn't a big deal serving huge at 6 ft9. Name me 1 player who's tall and doesn't possess that weapon.

Gimme Sampras, Becker, Ivanisevic, Roddick, Federer, maybe even Krajicek, besides having a gigantic serve they also had an excellent net game (players from the 90's) or a superb ground game (like Federer does).

[Z]engin 03-18-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_pro (Post 6403943)
Come on it really isn't a big deal serving huge at 6 ft9. Name me 1 player who's tall and doesn't possess that weapon.

Gimme Sampras, Becker, Ivanisevic, Roddick, Federer, maybe even Krajicek, besides having a gigantic serve they also had an excellent net game (players from the 90's) or a superb ground game (like Federer does).

I think DelPo's serve can be better.

Manus Domini 03-18-2012 07:58 AM

Seriously? Rafter and Rusedski and Philippoussis, but no Tillden or Pancho Gonzales?

vive le beau jeu ! 03-18-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Strongo (Post 6403919)
It's Goran and it will always be Goran.

+1

but it's true that the giants karlovic and isner have really impressive serves !
by the way, in addition to sampras, philippoussis, etc., no mention of arthurs or pimpim in this thread ?

Rock Strongo 03-18-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vive le beau jeu ! (Post 6403995)
+1

but it's true that the giants karlovic and isner have really impressive serves !
by the way, in addition to sampras, philippoussis, etc., no mention of arthurs or pimpim in this thread ?

Ah yes, PimPim. Everytime I think of him I only think of the wonders he could've achieved. Such a great all-round game, and that serve was like Thor's hammer.

Speaking of Wayne Arthurs, I've heard so much about him but I've NEVER seen him play, even though his career ranged from 1990 through 1994 (when I was born) all the way up to 2007!

kiki 03-18-2012 08:45 AM

Ever heard of Ellsworth Vines, Pancho Gonzales, John Newcombe?