Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   any 3.5 or 4.0 tournament players in minnesota? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=417537)

CHOcobo 03-19-2012 02:56 PM

any 3.5 or 4.0 tournament players in minnesota?

im trying to train for the 4.0 usta tournament. any others out there that are doing the same in savage/burnsville/bloomington area that would like to have a hit over the weekends throughout the summer?

anyone?

forthegame 03-19-2012 03:00 PM

TonLars.

jk :):)

Rjtennis 03-19-2012 04:38 PM

I live in the south metro but play at a bit higher level. Maybe we could hit sometime though. I also know quite a few players in our area.

bluegrasser 03-19-2012 04:47 PM

I'm in the north metro..

J-Mac 03-19-2012 06:12 PM

Ton of Players

I agree, there are a ton of players.

One of the most active regions for tennis which is awesome.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding some matches.

CHOcobo 03-20-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rjtennis (Post 6408401)
I live in the south metro but play at a bit higher level. Maybe we could hit sometime though. I also know quite a few players in our area.

if you don't mind... lets play!! i can hit on weekend mornings and all day. im also in the south. i play at neil park all the time by myself. we can hit there if you're close. if you're available on weekends too that would be perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mac (Post 6408604)
I agree, there are a ton of players.

One of the most active regions for tennis which is awesome.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding some matches.

thanks. i haven't seen this one yet. i will give it a try.

are you in the area too?

TonLars 03-20-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forthegame (Post 6408181)
TonLars.

jk :):)

Not true, Im dropping down to 3.0 now!:)

forthegame 03-23-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonLars (Post 6411129)

LOL !

gmatheis 03-23-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonLars (Post 6411129)

guess that makes me a 1.5

CHOcobo 04-20-2012 05:30 PM

i still looking for someone to hit with on weekends at 9 or 10 in the morning.

CHOcobo 10-30-2012 10:14 AM

Anyone interested hitting the Bloomington south lifetime? They don't check the courts in the rear side of the facility.
Im trying to hit but I don't want to pay for their drills. It cost way too much for short 90min, plus membership.
k.choth@gmail.com

Rjtennis 11-03-2012 09:40 AM

They check memberships at the front desk. You can't hit there or even sign up for drills if your not a member.

CHOcobo 11-05-2012 06:26 AM

Yea I know you have to be member. I used to hit with the ball machine for free there from about nov-jan last year and the year before, for like 3-5 hours a week and didn't even pay a penny. They don't regularly check the courts in the back. But now they moved the ball machine to the front dome and got smarter. I can't hit the with machine anymore.:(

Rjtennis 11-05-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOcobo (Post 6995837)
Yea I know you have to be member. I used to hit with the ball machine for free there from about nov-jan last year and the year before, for like 3-5 hours a week and didn't even pay a penny. They don't regularly check the courts in the back. But now they moved the ball machine to the front dome and got smarter. I can't hit the with machine anymore.:(

How do you get in? I play up there are it seems pretty tight.

CHOcobo 11-07-2012 07:31 AM

Just walk there? lol. There is a hallway that leads to the rear dome from the 2nd floor mens locker room. That one hallway where you can watch people play racket ball from the 2nd floor. That hallway lead to the rear dome bypassing the tennis desk. They used to lock the ball machine too but now they just move it.
There are times I get kicked out by the people that reserved the court while im serving so I just move on to the next court. haha.

CHOcobo 11-08-2012 11:40 AM

Does anyone know any clubs other than lifetime that offers affordable drills? One drill a week at lifetime will cost about $150 a month (including membership). I love it there but it cost too much.

BudFox 11-13-2012 11:38 AM

Baseline Tennis Center at the U of Minnesota offers group drills Thursdays and Saturdays for $25 a session. Although it's a pretty mixed bag of folks who show, from roughly 2.5 - 4.0. The advantage is you get an hour and a half of court time indoors for $25, which is a steal compared to everything else around here. Plus if there is nobody on the courts afterward you can stick around and hit some more.

I'm intrigued by the thought of indoor courts free of membership and charge though!

CHOcobo 11-23-2012 05:23 PM

I think that through the USTA, and thats....a lot. Those are the worse days for me, haha unless it's Thursdays mornings. Sites/links?

*EDIT*
I found it. That's pretty good deal not being a member, but I can't play at those times. I think I have to settle with reed sweatt.