Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Best Head Prestige past PC600 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=418482)

mromato64 03-27-2012 02:38 PM

Best Head Prestige past PC600

I've been hearing a lot of good feedback about the IG Prestige and I was wondering about how it compares to previous generations. I currently use the MG Prestige Mid and it feels great. For a 12+ oz racket it still feels whippy enough to generate a lot of spin. By far one of the best serving rackets I've ever used. I've also demoed all the IG Prestiges except the S and it's a very solid line. I would most likely buy the MP if I had the money.

Matt21 03-27-2012 10:16 PM

Haven't hit with the midplus yet but honestly, I don't think I will. I've got my YTMids set up very nicely and don't think I want to spend any more money on racquets. After all, I have a pair of Youtek Mids; a pair of MG Mids and a pair of Original Prince Rebel 95s. (Also got a deal on a BLX90 that I couldn't walk away from :) ). Nice feedback on the IG Midplus though. Hopefully it plays better than the stiff, boardy-feeling YT version. You know, IMO, the Microgel Prestige is probably one of the most under-appreciated lines Head has ever released. I think most people hated the paint jobs but to me they were the perfect blend of feel, flex and shock absorption. They absorbed shock without feeling muted; not too flexy, not too stiff; and had a perfect swingspeed.

sargeinaz 03-27-2012 11:04 PM

I absolutely loved the MG prestige mid. Good pop with a crunchy/crisper feel. I hated the LM and flexpoint. Didn't care for the youtek mid. Haven't hit with the i and only hit with the midplus IG.

mromato64 03-29-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt21 (Post 6429306)
Haven't hit with the midplus yet but honestly, I don't think I will. I've got my YTMids set up very nicely and don't think I want to spend any more money on racquets. After all, I have a pair of Youtek Mids; a pair of MG Mids and a pair of Original Prince Rebel 95s. (Also got a deal on a BLX90 that I couldn't walk away from :) ). Nice feedback on the IG Midplus though. Hopefully it plays better than the stiff, boardy-feeling YT version. You know, IMO, the Microgel Prestige is probably one of the most under-appreciated lines Head has ever released. I think most people hated the paint jobs but to me they were the perfect blend of feel, flex and shock absorption. They absorbed shock without feeling muted; not too flexy, not too stiff; and had a perfect swingspeed.

Really? I love the MG pjs and the tiger stripes. I never tried the PC600, but the feel on the MG Mid is great. Not too stiff and not too flexy. I used to hit the FXP Mid and eventually didn't like the boardy feel. I tried my friend's YT Mid for one day and it's a solid stick. The YT midplus was alright, but it didnt't have a lot of plow through and it had no feel. I also demoed the IG Mid and was amazed at the maneuverability and plow through on groundstrokes. The IG MP had less plow through obviously, but still felt very stable and still had a very soft feel.

JediAce 03-30-2012 01:02 AM

The feel of the IG is great, but damn that's an ugly looking frame.

Backhanded Compliment 03-30-2012 01:14 AM

I actually prefer the youtek... I prefer all the feedback the frame gives me and the crispness of the response. Found that copoly/gut hybrid + lead at 10 and 2 was the key to unlocking its potential. Also love the look of the Youtek but the IG isnt bad (as long as the white caps are swapped for black ones). Sampras dampner is the way to go too.

Lambo 03-30-2012 11:38 AM

For me the i.prestige was number 1. Till then on the whole they were still being made in austria and they had a different feel. Number 2 microgel prestige mid beauty. Soft easy on the arm and provides alot of flex. LaST for me was the youtek mid. Too stiff , developed elbow and arm problems and no feel for the ball. At least for me. Own all the racqs mentioned in your poll except the ig as I have switched over to the Donnay platinum 94 and would not change back for the world. Guess I am not a good enough player to fully maximize the prestige line of racqs. Was my goto racq for 10 years though.

wjh546157 11-20-2012 04:53 AM

I found a couple of i Prestiges this summer on **** in Germany in fantastic condition and snapped them up - just love them - the feel is so unique. People say the i Prestige was stiff, but it's no bad thing (I used to play with a Prince EXO3 Tour which was pillow like comfy, so I know the other end of the scale). Tried the IG Prestige last yr - also very nice but still lags behind the intelligence MP for unique crispy feeling IMO.