Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   *********yonex v-core 95d club********* (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=418558)

the rebel 03-28-2012 09:37 AM

*********yonex v-core 95d club*********

A very stable all court arm friendly player's frame. it's remind me the blx six one tour but less weight, less demanding, bigger sweetspot and more arm friendly. don't FORGET put a GOOD POLY in the main at mid tension around 57 lbs to get a huge control and put something like kirschbaum pro line 11 1.20 in the crosses for more comfort and power. DON'T STRING LOW TENSION CAUSE IT'S STRING SENSITIVE. SERVE: my first flat ball is big and accurate. my second kick serve is very good too (high bounce),my slicing serve is ok. FOREHAND:everything is there with a good technique, power,control, spin and flat shot. very consistent. BACKHAND: i have a lot of confidence on my one handed backhand with this stick. i made a lot of winner from everywhere on the court. i can do almost everything i want with my slice 9 ( a lot of effect) i have many ways to slice the balls. Softer is the frame better is the slice for me. VOLLEY: at approx 320 unstrung, it's very stable. watch out if you push the ball at the net cause it will sailing long. you must let the racquet do the work for you cause this stick is kind of thick (21 to 22mm beam) DROP SHOT: this racquet is lively so you need a good preparation to keep the ball low and dead. SMASH: no complain at all OVERHEAD: succesfull in summary, a very high quality frame in the hands of a good player's ( above 4.0) my only downside: the grip is ********.

the rebel 03-28-2012 09:42 AM

i'm apologize for my vocabulary mistake my first language is french.

Torres 03-28-2012 09:46 AM

I'm sure they have paragraphing and line spacing in French as well, otherwise you're just making it 10x harder for anyone who joins your club to read your posts.

InfCross 03-28-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torres (Post 6430141)
I'm sure they have paragraphing and line spacing in French as well, otherwise you're just making it 10x harder for anyone who joins your club to read your posts.

True that

But still. it's a great stick and deserves a club.

Maybe a classic in the future?

baowow 03-28-2012 10:51 AM

I'll join the club! Mine is lead up to 360 grams with a leather grip. Don't have any cons about it.

Just a friendly forum, not English class people.

the rebel 03-28-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baowow (Post 6430306)
I'll join the club! Mine is lead up to 360 grams with a leather grip. Don't have any cons about it.

Just a friendly forum, not English class people.

i'm agree with you baowow, it's only a thread club not an english lesson:) mine is not lead up but with an overgrip and a dampener= 350 grs

the rebel 03-28-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torres (Post 6430141)

ok my english is far away to be perfect but don't exagerate when you say it's REALLY hard to read. Comment the yonex instead of my english. :)

Fed Kennedy 03-28-2012 12:36 PM

Luuurve this racquet. Card carrying racaholic but this is the best 95 inch on the market IMO. Put a smooth polly at 55, good to go.

the rebel 04-20-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fed Kennedy (Post 6430608)
Luuurve this racquet. Card carrying racaholic but this is the best 95 inch on the market IMO. Put a smooth polly at 55, good to go.

i need a stiff poly in main around 56 to 58 to get a real good feel and solid control, otherwise, it's unpredictable for my playing style with a lot of power for an 95 sq. i'm still in the honeymoon period with. until now, it's the best stick i never ever used!

nyc 04-20-2012 07:45 PM

Strung it up with Kirsch Competition at 56 and finding finally the control and bite that I was missing. Only thing is that icomfort is compromised.

Will try some of the newer polys from Kirsch next.

Timbo's hopeless slice 04-20-2012 07:48 PM

read the signature, baby...

dgoran 04-24-2012 04:47 AM

Anyone getting wrist pains from micro vibrations? I hear this small frequency buzz in the handle when I hit w/o damper and over course of two hr match my wrist feels like I was hitting concrete with a hammer for 2hrs...

Is my yonnie defective or is my wrist defective? FYI I only get this with aeropro drive original with dead poly...

Meaghan 04-24-2012 08:35 AM

May be joining soon. After my initial hit this morning I am very impressed. Ive added leather grip, overgrip, bab O damp and 6g between 10&2.

Ive always liked older Yonex mids, super stable headshape, my 1hbh rules with the short stiffer throat, as do volleys. Ive played with a pro stock yonex mid and this is just as stable although I would love a wide tk57 pallet. I have a grip2 as Yonex grips feel thicker imo cos they're round. Ive flared my buttcap so that my fingers can find my western grips. No vibration whatsoever.

Just a short hit so far, Im a big server so it has to match my BB Legends in this department but from the couple ive hit so far the bat feels fine.

Out tmoro for another hit, Ive wanted a Yonex for a while but they've all been too stiff, this feels almost pillowy...

Fed Kennedy 04-24-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgoran (Post 6485042)
Anyone getting wrist pains from micro vibrations? I hear this small frequency buzz in the handle when I hit w/o damper and over course of two hr match my wrist feels like I was hitting concrete with a hammer for 2hrs...

Is my yonnie defective or is my wrist defective? FYI I only get this with aeropro drive original with dead poly...

Do you have the stock grip on there? It is about as thin as an overgrip. I have leather on mine and its a thudder...

Fed Kennedy 04-24-2012 11:49 AM

Tension range on this frame is 50-65...a little strange, I find 55 lbs poly to be very good, might try some gut a little higher with the poly cross.

edwincen 04-24-2012 10:32 PM

anybody can help me identify what happened under the 'O'..

edwincen 04-24-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fed Kennedy (Post 6485846)
Tension range on this frame is 50-65...a little strange, I find 55 lbs poly to be very good, might try some gut a little higher with the poly cross.

i've tried 18 gut in main and 18 hurricane tour in cross..
amazing spin and power

Meaghan 04-25-2012 03:48 AM

I usually like a swingweight in the region of 360 but there are some rackets that dont seem to need as much for whatever reason. The prestige mid I always found was perfectly happy around 350 and so it seems does the vc95d.

On the short hit so far I started with 6g up top felt it moving thro the air a tad too quick, lobbed on another 4g which made me late on a few balls, settled for an extra 2g (8g in total) which felt like my other sticks Ive used, easy mod in the end.

Interesting for geeks like me is that the sw feels the same as my Legends but they are about 10pts lower. This is prob due to the slightly thicker beam around the hoop and being less manouverable than the Becker's.

Its raining here so it looks like another miserable English day and I wont be getting out for a hit. Ive got a large garden area and Ive been hitting against the wall and if my 1hbh continues to feel as natural as this on the court, everything else remaining the same, then its bye bye BB and hello VC :)

the rebel 04-25-2012 07:25 AM

the vcore 95d is remind me the wilson blx six one tour but lighter, a bit less stable and more forgiving. power level and control are almost identical, the feel is almost the same, very very simular frame! i like everything from my vcore but serving is what i like the most! very arm friendly for me too even with poly or co-poly, no discomfort at all! i will stick with this stick! :)

alidisperanza 04-25-2012 08:15 AM

I'm on the verge of buying a pair of these (or possibly the 98D) but I'm hesitant becuase of the tension suggestions. I've been playing in the 48-50# range on my YT Radical Pros and I even liked the 98 at 48# but I want to be able to stick to that range for the 95. Feasible?

I should be cutting out the multi in my 95 demo in the next few days and I'll be restringing with poly so we'll see. In the meanwhile, I'm open to suggestions