Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How insane was the 'Spartacus' finale (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=418936)

oldcity 03-31-2012 01:41 PM

How insane was the 'Spartacus' finale

I don't know if anyone else in here watches this Starz series but it's nothing short of amazing. Who else could slaughter six main characters in one show in such imaginitive, gory ways. I love it ! I love how the season finale is the end of a chapter and not some stupid cliffhanger to annoy you for an entire offseason. The creator promises spectacular sets, bigger battles and tremendous carnage next season. :) I for one can't wait.

FlamEnemY 03-31-2012 02:44 PM

Amazing. And shocking. I mean, what the hell, I'm pretty comfortable watching disturbing scenes but this episode hit me.

5/5

PS: Too bad it's a foregone conclusion :) But still, I'll watch it to the end. I suppose there will be 4 seasons max.

norbac 03-31-2012 02:47 PM

Vengeance?

I've only seen Blood and Sand and the last episode was pure BA.

FlamEnemY 03-31-2012 02:59 PM

^ BA? Maybe you meant BS? :)

oldcity 03-31-2012 03:09 PM

Yes the Vengeance finale from last night. Blood and Sand? That was amazing but you have missed the last two seasons.

Too bad we know they all die, especially when you start liking some characters. I wanted to stab Llithia when she made Spartacus kill Varro in the first season. I liked Oenamaeus (spelling?) too but the history is kind of unavoidable.

Joehax 03-31-2012 04:54 PM

This is one of my favorite TV shows.

I don't think it's as good as season 1, but still very entertaining.

Real shame what happened to Andy Whitfield :(

maverick66 03-31-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamEnemY (Post 6438587)
Amazing. And shocking. I mean, what the hell, I'm pretty comfortable watching disturbing scenes but this episode hit me.

The part where she jumped off the cliff ya that part made me a little uncomffie. Great way to finish her character but ya not something I wanna watch over and over.

Anyone else cheer when Spartacus kills Glabor?

kiteboard 03-31-2012 06:19 PM

I disturbed my german shepherd.

adventure 03-31-2012 07:00 PM

It's the best TV show in history. There's never been anything like it.

zapvor 03-31-2012 08:28 PM

i watched a couple episodes...maybe i should pay more attention to this

subz 04-01-2012 06:54 AM

I wished Ashur had survived the finale. I liked his character a lot. It was well written and the actor played it so well. I had hoped that somehow he would become richer and more powerful with time before his end comes.

subz 04-01-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adventure (Post 6438984)
It's the best TV show in history. There's never been anything like it.

Have you seen "Game of Thrones" ?

Spartacus, The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad are good, but Games of Thrones is in another league.

gavna 04-01-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subz (Post 6439751)
I wished Ashur had survived the finale. I liked his character a lot. It was well written and the actor played it so well. I had hoped that somehow he would become richer and more powerful with time before his end comes.

C'mon Ashur was slime and had to go - got what deserved.

gavna 04-01-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subz (Post 6439755)

Spartacus, The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad are good, but Games of Thrones is in another league.

Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Justifed (best writing on TV period) and Spartacus are all the best things on TV right now. Funny that all are from cable networks. Each is great and fills a certain niche - But Sparticus is freaking BAT AS*'CRAZY!!!!!! My wife and I never miss it - and Lucy Lawless OMG!!!! Trivia fact is that her Husband is the producer of the show and must all the actors are Kiwis or from OZ. I could get love Kiwi TV if it's all like this....hahaha

Don't forget Sons of Anarchy starts in a few after Justifed gets done this season - another show full of fun and wack jobs!

maverick66 04-01-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

I liked Spartacus more. I am a history nerd so I guess ancient Rome does it more for me than a fiction story. Game of Thrones is good and I enjoy it but Spartacus is better in my eyes.

Sons of Anarchy is the only other show I really watch weekly. After every episode I find myself wanting a bike so good advertising for harley on that one.

FlamEnemY 04-01-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

"Game of Thrones" has the benefit of having G.R.R. Martin behind the books :) There's no comparison, really.

"The Walking Dead" is... not as good as it should be. Honestly, by season 2 the characters have already made every possible idiotic decision. Useless drama.

oldcity 04-01-2012 01:37 PM

I like the walking dead, whatever it may be missing, it's still good zombie killing fun plus they don't pull too many punches there either. I haven't seen game of thrones. No hbo. Maybe buy the DVD if it's really good. My other fav is 'the killing' on amc . Really good crime drama where they go the whole season on one case. Starts soon i think. Spartacus is unbelievable. The fact that it's totally no.holds.barred. Just keeps you on edge. And roman history. You could make hundreds of movies on it.

gavna 04-01-2012 01:58 PM

The only negative thing (a very minor complaint) about Game of Thrones is that due to the limited HBO budget they have had to save $$$$ and cut stuff out......they have done an amazing job so far and for season 2 looks like they are going to do all with the limited budget to make it work....due to a bump in the budget in season 2 they are getting to film in Iceland and Eastern Europe as well as Ireland (for the most part GOT season 1 was all shot in Northern Ireland).

Its a must see on DVD if no HBO.

gavna 04-01-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick66 (Post 6440043)
I liked Spartacus more. I am a history nerd so I guess ancient Rome does it more for me than a fiction story. Game of Thrones is good and I enjoy it but Spartacus is better in my eyes.

Sons of Anarchy is the only other show I really watch weekly. After every episode I find myself wanting a bike so good advertising for harley on that one.

Spartacus has about as much to do with history as Star Trek has with NASA...........Boobs, Blood and Violence......that's the reason we watch and enjoy this wacked out show.

norbac 04-01-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamEnemY (Post 6438620)
^ BA? Maybe you meant BS? :)

Nope, I meant BA. :)