Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   ATP tribute video (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=418991)

KineticChain 03-31-2012 09:28 PM

ATP tribute video
 
I've been getting into video editing lately and really wanted to make a tennis video. There's tons of Federer/Nadal/Djoko tributes out there (some of which are expertly made) but I wanted to make a video that encapsulates the ATP as a whole. I also wanted this video to give justice to just how physically demanding the sport can be at its highest levels, so it is fast paced and action-packed :) . I am a novice so any tips/feedback is greatly appreciated.

http://youtu.be/sonB6DRD22Q


Also, if there's any video editors here, any recommendations for editing software? Windows Movie Maker is great for a free program, but it tends to lag and crash with projects that have a lot of clips. Thanks :)

Seth 03-31-2012 09:33 PM

So the music made me think I was watching a Jason Bourne movie, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It actually struck a chord in my memory...it's from the video game, FIFA 98.

I know this is a Fed tribute, but I appreciate how well the music flows with this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGRFvus8v5M

I've always said that if I were to make a video, I'd use songs similar to this. The song is "Hoppipolla" by Sigur Ros, by the way.

KineticChain 03-31-2012 09:43 PM

Thanks for the quick feedback

Yeah.. the editing in that video is many leagues above what I can do. Very inspirational stuff.

bezs 04-01-2012 12:34 AM

Nice video really liked some of the shots that were included in the video some cut scenes didn't seem smooth though. Would love to see more clips that showed the footwork of the players before they hit the shot.

Kobble 04-01-2012 04:59 AM

I've been using Videopad for some simple editing. I haven't explored all the options it has. I like it, though, it doesn't skip or crash on me.

I also like gathering clips from Youtube using Clip Converter.

I haven't made any tennis highlight reels. Currently, I am focused on my present project.

KineticChain 04-01-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bezs (Post 6439490)
Nice video really liked some of the shots that were included in the video some cut scenes didn't seem smooth though. Would love to see more clips that showed the footwork of the players before they hit the shot.

Thanks. Yeah some of the transitions are jerky because WMM auto-sizes the clips, which is one of the reasons I would like a more advanced editor.
ATPWorldTour actually made a whole video devoted to footwork, which is where I got the footwork clips. You can see it here :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDMUkt_jZ9E

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobble (Post 6439675)
I've been using Videopad for some simple editing. I haven't explored all the options it has. I like it, though, it doesn't skip or crash on me.

I also like gathering clips from Youtube using Clip Converter.

I haven't made any tennis highlight reels. Currently, I am focused on my present project.

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely check it out :)

Kobble 04-03-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KineticChain (Post 6440850)
Thanks. Yeah some of the transitions are jerky because WMM auto-sizes the clips, which is one of the reasons I would like a more advanced editor.
ATPWorldTour actually made a whole video devoted to footwork, which is where I got the footwork clips. You can see it here :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDMUkt_jZ9E



Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely check it out :)

I didn't realize this, but Clip Converter can actualy take a small portion from a large Youtube video. Therefore, if you are not interested in dowloading a 2 hr movie for a 30 second clip, CC allows you to do that by just unchecking the start and end boxes and plugging in the correct time frame. Most people say that isn't possible on the web; must download whole video, then cut. With that program it is.

KineticChain 10-06-2012 06:44 PM

^^^^
I checked out clip converter a while back and that feature is very useful. Don't have to download a 2 hour match to get one clip from it now. Only downside is, the free version only allows a certain number of downloads per day. Guess that's what I get for being cheap :)

KineticChain 10-06-2012 06:46 PM

Also, I edited the vid a bit to make it a little more smooth. Tell me what ya thinks

Here: http://youtu.be/sonB6DRD22Q (also put this version in original post)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse