Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Introducing the Dunlop Biomimetic Max 200G (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=419184)

Dreamliner 04-02-2012 04:18 PM

Introducing the Dunlop Biomimetic Max 200G

The racquet we had all been drooling over! Now on TW!

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunl...OP-DBM2HG.html

Dreamliner 04-02-2012 04:22 PM

I'm so sorry, had no idea there was already a thread for this! Forgive me.

Rock Strongo 04-02-2012 04:23 PM

Still too bad that we don't get the Japanese NeoMax over here, at least that one does a bit of injection molding.

miami 04-06-2012 06:12 PM

Interested to see how this one compares to the Dunlop 300. I added 3 grams of weight at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock (crosses 7 to 14) plus a leather grip to my Biomimetic 300 however in my opinion the sweet spot is too small on this frame and too stiff for a lighter racquet.

Hopefully the Max 200G is a better Dunlop 98" racquet.

t135 04-06-2012 06:32 PM

Nice. Specs and paint job look great!!!

tata 04-06-2012 08:31 PM

Man, how does mcenroe put up with the shock from the leather? I tried playing with leather once and it didnt have much tack and so much shock.

aceroberts13 04-07-2012 06:55 AM

In that picture, it looks like JM is using more of 90 sq. in. head than a 98. Anyone else see that? Or am I being paranoid?

louis netman 04-12-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceroberts13 (Post 6451424)
In that picture, it looks like JM is using more of 90 sq. in. head than a 98. Anyone else see that? Or am I being paranoid?

You're just being paranoid--I saw Mac, even shook his hand back in October where he was using what appeared to be a 98" Dunlop frame (Maxply McEnroe). He's been using 98" frames since the 1990s. As a player's age goes up so does his head-size preference. Very rarely does it go down. The new Max 200G appears to be a well spec'd & moddable frame that may be right up many aging player's alleys...including mine!

bluetrain4 04-12-2012 01:46 PM

Very interested, but the new Donnay Pro 1 specs may look even more tempting. What's with all the great racquets being released this year?

TheBoom 04-12-2012 01:53 PM

I love the specs!!! It's the weight of a pure drive roddick open string pattern 98 head size nice flex and medium-small beam. Right up my alley :)

Pneumated1 04-12-2012 02:02 PM

Yeah, the Dunlop 300's have a characteristically squashed head shape that's probably no wider than a lot of mids. Some hate it, but I love it. The extra hoop size actually comes from the length. It's a very precise head shape and really keeps the bh slice low and biting. In fact, I hit better 1hbh's with Dunlop 300's, whether coming over or under the ball, than with any other racquets. Something about the grip and head shape really come together for that stroke. Look at Almagro's backhand. From what I understand, and I could be mistaken, his mold is the same as the HM 300, Mfil 300, Bio. 300, and this new Bio. Max "200."

I'm just hoping that this one plays with a lot of control and precision. If so, it's one of three frames that I'm contemplating switching to.

Shangri La 04-12-2012 02:44 PM

This racquet is certainly intriguing and I will be sure to demo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumated1 (Post 6461123)
I'm just hoping that this one plays with a lot of control and precision. If so, it's one of three frames that I'm contemplating switching to.

May I ask what the other two are? :)

Pneumated1 04-12-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shangri La (Post 6461181)
This racquet is certainly intriguing and I will be sure to demo.

May I ask what the other two are? :)

Are you still hitting the Londons? They're great frames, but after a year, I've decided that I need a touch more precision and crispness--and a more appropriate weight/balance for my game. Strangely enough, I can't make myself like the Melbourne.

I really got on well with demos of both the X-325 and IG Prestige MP. They seem a little different on paper, but they're both control freaks separated only by a few tenths of an ounce and a string pattern. And even the stringbeds don't respond so differently in my opinion. If you haven't experienced the bite of an X-325, do yourself a favor and try one out.

Having hit the 300G for almost five years, customized exactly to the specs of this new Bio. Max "200," this one has my attention. What I don't want is a "spin monster" but something that will drive the ball with a lot of bite, much like the X-325 and Prestige. If it responds like those, I'll switch, considering that this is my favorite grip and head shape--the HM, Mfil, Bio. 300 shape.

Shangri La 04-12-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumated1 (Post 6461202)
Are you still hitting the Londons? They're great frames, but after a year, I've decided that I need a touch more precision and crispness--and a more appropriate weight/balance for my game. Strangely enough, I can't make myself like the Melbourne.

I really got on well with demos of both the X-325 and IG Prestige MP. They seem a little different on paper, but they're both control freaks separated only by a few tenths of an ounce and a string pattern. And even the stringbeds don't respond so differently in my opinion. If you haven't experienced the bite of an X-325, do yourself a favor and try one out.

Having hit the 300G for almost five years, customized exactly to the specs of this new Bio. Max "200," this one has my attention. What I don't want is a "spin monster" but something that will drive the ball with a lot of bite, much like the X-325 and Prestige. If it responds like those, I'll switch, considering that this is my favorite grip and head shape--the HM, Mfil, Bio. 300 shape.

I'm hitting with a Donnay Pro One these days, and feel bad about putting the Londons down.. Like you, I thought I needed a bit extra precision and maybe some more power as well, and really liked the London otherwise. Saw your post in the other thread and will post some thoughts there. As for the Dunlop 300, I demoed a Bio 300 the other day and felt it was a very precise feeling racquet.

Pneumated1 04-13-2012 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shangri La (Post 6461251)
As for the Dunlop 300, I demoed a Bio 300 the other day and felt it was a very precise feeling racquet.

The Bio. 300 with a heavy leather grip and 6-8grams of lead in the hoop plays remarkably well. I personally think that it plays more precisely (definitely crisper) than the London. One thing's for sure: it mods up much easier.

Shangri La 04-13-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumated1 (Post 6461900)
The Bio. 300 with a heavy leather grip and 6-8grams of lead in the hoop plays remarkably well. I personally think that it plays more precisely (definitely crisper) than the London. One thing's for sure: it mods up much easier.

I tried to put 4g at 3/9 and 2g at 12 in the demo and it gave some very good power and stability, and the sweetspot opened up nicely. Yeah looks it takes mods pretty well. I wouldn't mind if the Bio 200G max is 'only' a regular bio 300 with built-in weight - the Bio 300 is a very good racquet to begin with.

hoodjem 04-15-2012 07:43 AM

Everything spec-wise about this racquet looks like a winner.

Just what I've been waiting for: a heavier AG4D 300.

aceroberts13 04-15-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoodjem (Post 6465376)
Everything spec-wise about this racquet looks like a winner.

Just what I've been waiting for: a heavier AG4D 300.

I played with the Maxply McEnroe for a few years. I gave them to a buddy of mine whose just getting into the game and I'm re-learning what made them so great from him. They're pretty good sticks. Powerful too.

hoodjem 11-28-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceroberts13 (Post 6465463)
I played with the Maxply McEnroe for a few years. I gave them to a buddy of mine whose just getting into the game and I'm re-learning what made them so great from him. They're pretty good sticks. Powerful too.

What was the weight on the Maxply McEnroe?

crazyups 11-28-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoodjem (Post 7036839)
What was the weight on the Maxply McEnroe?

11.3 ounces strung but made for customization due to 3 points headlight balance.