Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Pro's Pro String (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=421485)

domosborn 04-23-2012 12:14 AM

Pro's Pro String

Has anyone in the EU tried these strings? seem very reasonable, would like to know- also if shipping costs are very high, thanks

Meaghan 04-23-2012 12:20 AM

Search the threads there's plenty of info....

The polys I've tried are as good as anything out there, particularly hexaspin twist.....soft, spinny and lasts.....there are only two factories I think in germany that make strings, yet there are so many companies. Most of these are re branded. Great price pros pro too, well worth a trial.

domosborn 04-23-2012 05:30 AM

Ah thanks a lot for the info, will try them- also see you are based in the UK, do you know how much shipping would be? for a reel? many thanks-

Meaghan 04-23-2012 01:48 PM

where are you based? In europe then just email them....US? then bigT on here deals with them.

seekay 04-23-2012 02:12 PM

I've tried four Pro's Pro polys:

Black Force
Black Out
Hexaspin Twist
Lethal 5

They're all pretty good all-around strings. None of them really disappointed me in any area, and at the price, it's definitely worth trying a set or two.

None were among my overall favorites, but that's a matter of personal preference more than a failing in the string.

tennis11 04-23-2012 04:15 PM

can you talk about how the black force was, and the lethal 5? is the lethal 5 shaped like lux alu rough?

seekay 04-23-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis11 (Post 6484298)
can you talk about how the black force was, and the lethal 5? is the lethal 5 shaped like lux alu rough?

Black Force 17 was uniquely stretchy for a poly. The string stretched almost as much as nylon when pulled and remained very elastic with pretty good tension maintenance. The US distributor's website claims it's comparable to RPM Blast, but I didn't find that to be the case. Black Force was much softer and springier. Compared to RPM Blast, it had a lot more power and feel, but not as much spin or control.

Lethal 5 was annoying to string, with strong coil memory (presumably a result of the twisting). It's pentagonal, but its faces and edges aren't as clearly defined as other shaped strings (i.e. BHB7) so it looks close to round. Lethal 5 is firmer than Black Force, with better spin generation and less power, making it easier to hit out on ground strokes.

ALU Power Rough has a round cross section and uses divots in the string to create texture to try and grab the ball. The shape is different from Lethal 5's twisted pentagonal profile. Compared to Lethal 5, ALU is firmer and more precise. Lethal 5 is probably easier for normal people, where as ALU can perform better (if the player is up to it).

Meaghan 04-23-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis11 (Post 6484298)

Lethal 5 is more like BHSR.

fortun8son 04-23-2012 10:50 PM

Blackout and Black Force are closer to TF Black Code.
Plus Power is a dead ringer for SPPP
Vendetta is getting good reviews, too.
HiTech Multifibre is also a ringer for MCS.

AJMORGAN 04-24-2012 03:39 AM

I've just ordered from the official website based in Austria. I bought 5 reels, about 15 sets of string, bag, and lots of little things and shipping was only an extra 10 euro. I am based in the UK. When you order, they send you an email and invoice for the final price, if you don't like the shipping cost, you don't have to pay and lose nothing. Really good store.

domosborn 04-24-2012 08:12 AM

ah fantastic, thank you so much for the helpful info and the reviews are also v. helpful, if anyone else has any more experiences please share!

domosborn 04-26-2012 04:09 AM

bump.. anything else? will be ordering a few sets soon so will put up my thoughts, if anyone cares... :p

domosborn 04-26-2012 01:46 PM

bump again.... I am trying to order off site and have placed an order but havent put any payment in? had no email as of yet but was wondering If i was missing something.... trying to pay by card- if anyone could reply on here or email Meaghan maybe? please? sorry guys... thanks in advance- my german is, well- none existent and google translate is only helping a bit...

drkplayer122 04-26-2012 04:18 PM

I tried the gold power and the Vendetta. The gold power was a little too stiff for my liking but gave me pretty good pop, spin, and control. Vendetta OTOH was amazing. It was so soft that I only needed to drop 3 lbs (roughly 1.4 kg) from my multi/syn gut tension. Besides being really soft for a poly, it provided good power and decent spin for a poly.

Meaghan 04-27-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domosborn (Post 6490287)
bump again.... I am trying to order off site and have placed an order but havent put any payment in? had no email as of yet but was wondering If i was missing something.... trying to pay by card- if anyone could reply on here or email Meaghan maybe? please? sorry guys... thanks in advance- my german is, well- none existent and google translate is only helping a bit...

where are you ordering from...??

in UK i can get the stuff on 3bay or I order from racket depot uk or W&D strings. In the US BigT does it @ big t tennis.

Ive tried to order from Germany and had some problems with emails etc they just didnt answer. Most of the time you can pay by paypal, 'tennis man' is another in Germany, or the official website is www arfaian com

I would look at big t tennis website first it gives lots of info and their related strings. Ive tried a few, blackout=black code, lethal5=bhsr, blackforce=rpm blast, hexaspin twist=barb wire (with better longevity), plus power=sppp........

domosborn 04-27-2012 01:11 AM

I am also in UK, trying to order from arfain but really struggling, saying I have an order but no email, and no way of paying, i selected vorkasse (card?!?) but not sure :S prices seem better than on racket depot...

domosborn 04-27-2012 01:27 AM

+ if ordering from germany do I need to pay VAT? will my bill just be price+shipping?

fgs 04-27-2012 01:41 AM

vorkasse is advance payment - you should try to do it by paypal, i think that's the easiest way in that respect.

i don't know if they put any orders in if you e-mail them, on their website they seem also to have an english interface, although i have never used it.

Meaghan 04-27-2012 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domosborn (Post 6491116)
I am also in UK, trying to order from arfain but really struggling, saying I have an order but no email, and no way of paying, i selected vorkasse (card?!?) but not sure :S prices seem better than on racket depot...

Its 3 quid a string or 30 a reel. In other words bloody cheap.

Remember there's about 20 quid postage on top from germany!

*breaksracquet 04-27-2012 05:16 AM

Im here in the states and have bought pros pro from "RD" uk and it is cheaper than buying here in the states. It appears that when I purchased mulitple items, my VAT disappeared.

I know I have written a few different reviews on these strings in the past...

Red devil
Vendetta
Blackout
Revoltec
Hexaspin (nontwist)

I enjoy their strings very, very much. Super great brand if you're on a budget like myself.