Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Djokovic, Grieving and French Open (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=421488)

5555 04-23-2012 01:35 AM

Djokovic, Grieving and French Open

French Open starts in 5 weeks

"What are the stages of grief?
When people talk about the stages of grief, they most often are talking about the 5 stages of grief identified by Elisabeth Kübler-Ross...
...How long does grief last?
You'll probably start to feel better in 6 to 8 weeks.
"
http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor...er-losses.html

nadal_slam_king 04-23-2012 02:30 AM

Here we go....the official Djexcuse thread :lol:

djokovic2008 04-23-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadal_slam_king (Post 6482792)

Anybody with half a brain can see he totally tanked that match with his loss. He talked about not being at the funeral the day before in his press conference.

aceroberts13 04-23-2012 02:50 AM

Wow. This is really stupid.

nadal_slam_king 04-23-2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djokovic2008 (Post 6482806)
Anybody with half a brain can see he totally tanked that match with his loss. He talked about not being at the funeral the day before in his press conference.

So how long does the funeral/crying excuse last for? Let me know when Nadal's wins over Djokovic count.

Feather 04-23-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadal_slam_king (Post 6482825)
So how long does the funeral/crying excuse last for? Let me know when Nadal's wins over Djokovic count.

How many matches Nadal lost without injury? Let me when Nadal's losses to others count :wink:

fps 04-23-2012 03:29 AM

OK guys seriously, excuse? The guy just lost his grandfather can we talk like human beings with a modicum of respect for a sportsman who has to grieve while in the public eye?

Alchemy-Z 04-23-2012 03:31 AM

I honestly think with what has happened Novak will be more focused on a gold medal than the french.

He probably has regrets about not pulling out and going home for the funeral now. (I still don't know why he didin't) I mean the regular person takes off work for a death in the family and everyone understands.

Had he pulled out Rafa was going to get 8 MC wins anyway and people would have called it a hollow victory instead of a confidence boost over Nole.

Olympics is far enough away for Nole to get his head back on...The French might be too soon not to mention the pressure to win....He's not the player he was last year and I really think that was his best shot at the FO...but Fed always seems to have a little magic left when you least expect it.

nadal_slam_king 04-23-2012 03:36 AM

LOL.....again I'm wondering if Djokovic will ever lose 'legitimately' in 2012. Historically, it won't matter anyway I guess. The record books will only show W and L.

Gorecki 04-23-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadal_slam_king (Post 6482854)
LOL.....again I'm wondering if Djokovic will ever lose 'legitimately' in 2012. Historically, it won't matter anyway I guess. The record books will only show W and L.

ill make sure to throw this grabage in your face next time you claim injury loss by San Rafael !!!

ps: it's also saved in jpg format. i know you like to change your posts...

nadal_slam_king 04-23-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorecki (Post 6482858)
ill make sure to throw this grabage in your face next time you claim injury loss by San Rafael !!!

ps: it's also saved in jpg format. i know you like to change your posts...

For there to be a 'next time' there had to be a first time. I don't even count tendintis as an injury by the way. It's a condition that Nadal constantly has. You won't ever find me using that as an 'excuse'. Tendinitis is part of who Nadal is. It is a constant.

Hitman 04-23-2012 03:57 AM

I hope he fully recovers in time for the FO. A win there after all this would be an emotional epic conclusion what he has done over the past season.

Gorecki 04-23-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadal_slam_king (Post 6482866)
For there to be a 'next time' there had to be a first time. I don't even count tendintis as an injury by the way. It's a condition that Nadal constantly has. You won't ever find me using that as an 'excuse'. Tendinitis is part of who Nadal is. It is a constant.

oh.. it only took you one post do return with the excuse machine in full force!

so apart from being a disgrace of a tennis fan and a shame to all the good Nadal fans you also contradict yourself in less than two posts!!!

tennis_pro 04-23-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadal_slam_king (Post 6482792)

Well I remember Nadal being "off" for almost a year when his parents divorced:)

ollinger 04-23-2012 04:55 AM

Grief can last anywhere from one day to a decade. Tends to be shorter when it is an older loved one whose death comes not as a great surprise, and after some kind of ongoing deteriorating illness, as much of the "grief work" psychologically is then done actually before the death. Djokovic didn't get to the finals by being inconsolable.

Sentinel 04-23-2012 05:12 AM

OP has a tendency to start these brilliant threads. Will need time off to grieve when his thread is deleted.

brettsticker86 04-23-2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadal_slam_king (Post 6482825)

2nd'ed man, totally agree

Feather 04-23-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel (Post 6482957)
OP has a tendency to start these brilliant threads. Will need time off to grieve when his thread is deleted.

Triple like aka Facebook style :)

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis 04-23-2012 03:17 PM

I think its basically sometimes people get too focused on a sports or public figure as a source of entertainment, or alternatively as a "thing" to vilify, scorn or mock. The OP's mocking post is really in very poor taste.

It's like they have no respect or comprehension these are actually real people with real lives, events and emotions they have to deal with besides being in the public ultra-critical eye.

I was surprised by the score on one hand, but on the other not. Yet I knew, on tennis forums or comment-allowed sites you'd have threads like this: either trying to make excuses or dismiss the reality of losing an important figure in one's life and how it can affect how you perform in your profession.

Alternatively, you always have the troupe of Nadal fans doing making excuses for him when he loses. I miss the old days where the battles were on-court or between the players and not the self-identified "supporters" who really make it into a farce.

billnepill 04-23-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadal_slam_king (Post 6482866)

Yeah, not as serious as parents splitting up :rolleyes: