Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Will Djokovic now revert to being owned by Nadal? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=421500)

tank_job 04-23-2012 06:03 AM

Will Djokovic now revert to being owned by Nadal?

I always felt like Djokovic's recent H2H lead over Nadal was brittle.

Once the Spaniard forced a win over him, it would domino out of control for Djokovic, and he would once again start to be owned by Rafa.

Now the first win has happened, what do you guys reckon will happen with respect to the H2H?

Magnetite 04-23-2012 06:06 AM

I personally think Nadal will still have the edge on clay, with Djokovic having the edge on hard courts.

On grass it's a toss up at this point, until they play each other more on that surface.

I could be wrong, but this seems to be the most likely scenario.

Sentinel 04-23-2012 06:07 AM

Yes, let's go by the result of the last match.

Noel will shake this off in a week and be back to normal, although he's not been at 2011 level this year, so the matches with Ralph will be closer with R taking some.

Feather 04-23-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel (Post 6482954)
Yes, let's go by the result of the last match.

Noel will shake this off in a week and be back to normal, although he's not been at 2011 level this year, so the matches with Ralph will be closer with R taking some.

Rafa is gonna start losing to others also. Just wait sir :)

monfed 04-23-2012 07:15 AM

Here we go. It's that time of the season again. :roll:

NadalAgassi 04-23-2012 07:16 AM

I picked the middle option but it really has nothing to do with the Monte Carlo final. I always figured it would be the middle option. People on planet TW are clueless bandwagon jumpers amongst many other things.

DjokovicForTheWin 04-23-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalAgassi (Post 6483062)
I picked the middle option but it really has nothing to do with the Monte Carlo final. I always figured it would be the middle option. People on planet TW are clueless bandwagon jumpers amongst many other things.

So you admit that if the H2H is not even from now on, you are the one that is clueless?

Feather 04-23-2012 07:37 AM

Rafa is NOT gonna own Novak in a million years.

Evan77 04-23-2012 11:09 AM

Djokovic is simply a better player than Nadal. MC win by Rafa means nothing. Novak had to deal with too much *****. watch Novak spank Rafa next 7 times ... Nadal is an one dimensional player, not even close to Djokovic and Federer ...

tennis_pro 04-23-2012 11:37 AM

We'lll talk after their next match. I got a feeling that Djokovic won't have the pressure of kicking Nadal's a** each time they play from now on, though. Nadal on the other hand won't be super determined as in the previous 7 meetings to finally beat Novak as he's already got a win.

It's not like Nadal has suddenly found a solution, people. If Djokovic plays anything closeo to his best there is nothing Nadal can do to beat him, period.

Bud 04-23-2012 11:40 AM

It seems the pattern over the last 15+ months was that Nadal continued getting closer and closer to winning their matches. Djokovic peaked in 2011, when he was nearly untouchable on every surface and is now heading slowly downhill.

AO 2012 Nadal was up a break in set 5 and once again mentally burped. I think many could feel a potential turning point with that match, however.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather (Post 6483090)
Rafa is NOT gonna own Novak in a million years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan77 (Post 6483512)
Djokovic is simply a better player than Nadal. MC win by Rafa means nothing. Novak had to deal with too much *****. watch Novak spank Rafa next 7 times ... Nadal is an one dimensional player, not even close to Djokovic and Federer ...

Let's wait until Novak evens up their H2H. It's currently 17/14 Nadal. Djokovic has now come back from the stratosphere and wins will not come as easily in 2012.

Fedfan34 04-23-2012 11:49 AM

What is it, your period Nadal tards?

Sheesh. Rafa should be considered the favorite on clay even if Novak was still playing at his peak level by virtue of the fact that Rafa has dominated that surface as no surface has ever been dominated before. Having said that, I still think Djesus can beat Rafa if he plays well, and that goes for Roger as well. This does not mean I expect either Roger or Djesus to be favorites against him. Them beating him would be the upset, not the expectation.

On other surfaces, I give the edge to Djesus, just because IMO it seems as if his game is far better suited to grass and HC than Rafa's.

Evan77 04-23-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud (Post 6483574)
It seems the pattern over the last 18 months was that Nadal continued getting closer and closer to winning their matches. Djokovic peaked in 2011, when he was nearly untouchable on every surface and is now heading slowly downhill.

AO 2012 Nadal was up a break in set 5 and once again mentally burped. I think many could feel a potential turning point with that match, however.

Let's wait until Novak evens up their H2H. It's currently 17/14 Nadal

Nadal is getting closer to nothing. It's your illusion or shall I say wishful thinking. Plus, what really p!ssing me off is all that 'knee problem' Rafa supposedly has... the biggest ***** in the universe. I used to like Nadal and I don't have any respect for him any more.

Roger has a big mouth but at least he speaks up his mind. Rafa is a loser who tries to satisfy everyone but he is so fake... oh yeah 2 year ranking, oh my knees. oh my hair ... blah, blah...

MichaelNadal 04-23-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnetite (Post 6482953)
I personally think Nadal will still have the edge on clay, with Djokovic having the edge on hard courts.

On grass it's a toss up at this point, until they play each other more on that surface.

I could be wrong, but this seems to be the most likely scenario.

I pretty much agree with this, as long as Nadal doesn't revert to his 2011 clay form, he has the edge on clay, Novak has the edge on HC and we will see about grass if they meet at Wimbledon. Slight edge to Rafa if he beats Novak a couple more times before then.

glazkovss 04-23-2012 12:09 PM

Djokovic is bored of dominating. After his recent heroics at majors, MC should seem like a mickey mouse tournament - just a warm-up for RG.

Evan77 04-23-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelNadal (Post 6483628)
I pretty much agree with this, as long as Nadal doesn't revert to his 2011 clay form, he has the edge on clay, Novak has the edge on HC and we will see about grass if they meet at Wimbledon. Slight edge to Rafa if he beats Novak a couple more times before then.

we'll see about that edge on clay in Madrid and Rome... not so sure about it. Djokovic beat him pretty comfortably last year at Wimbledon.

Evan77 04-23-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glazkovss (Post 6483642)
Djokovic is bored of dominating. After his recent heroics at majors, MC should seem like a mickey mouse tournament - just a warm-up for RG.

agree with you, plus whatever you people say, losing someone so close in your family is a never an easy thing ... kudos to Nadal, I don't want to take anything away but still ... I can only imagine how Djokovic felt after he heard that his beloved grandpa had passed away ...

Magnus 04-23-2012 12:49 PM

Djokovic can kiss his ranking goodbye. He's not playing nearly as well as he did last year and he's got tons of points to defend.

Evan77 04-23-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnus (Post 6483724)
Djokovic can kiss his ranking goodbye. He's not playing nearly as well as he did last year and he's got tons of points to defend.

hm, excuse me, who is going to take over ... NOBODY, you are being silly... djoko defended the AO, and Miami, he got to the final of MC which he didn't play last year .... too many silly (stupid) people on this board including you ... sorry man. you don't know what you are talking about.

Clarky21 04-23-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnus (Post 6483724)

All he has to do is play better than everyone else,and so far he has.